Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hauls Stuff and Butt - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in MINI
imageHauls Stuff and Butt - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 Mini Cooper nails the balance between usability and personal enjoyment.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Well, I'm sure it's a fun car and maybe as much fun as the original Mini, but I wouldn't say that it shares a lot in common. I'm sure the original Mini was cheap and easy to maintain.
  • darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    throwback said:

I owned a '03 Cooper and mu wife has been driving a 2015 5door Cooper. The '03 was a brilliant handler with excellent brake and clutch action. The '15 is much more refined with better (but not great build quality. The ride in particular is much better. Hopefully the reliability will be too.

According to North American Motoring users, as well as to my own experience (one year in), the F56/F55 MINI has been very reliable. I haven't had a single issue or rattle in mine, and zero need to go to the dealership, other than to address the annoying multiple recalls that seem to plague every manufacturer nowadays. It's been a pleasure to own this car, thus far. Hope it keeps up.

I do personally believe that it is a much more reliable car, now that it shares nearly everything with the other F-series BMW models, including all electricals and programming. The fact that the UKL2 platform is so important to BMW, and so much work was done to develop it, also speaks well of the F56 MINI's prognosis.