Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mitsubishi Diamante Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Mitsubishi
Share your Diamante purchase experience here.

Comments

• Options
    regfootballregfootball Member Posts: 2,166
    yeah, no one buys these cars so its not surprising that there is no posts.....went to a dealer today and they still had leftover 2002's. I own a 2002 but did not buy it new. If anyone has recently purchased a leftover 02 let me know what you paid for it.
  • Options
    still no one buying.....LOL

current mitsubishi owners, there is a 3000 loyalty rebate on new diamantes in addition to the 4000 factory rebate.
  • Options
    muerte20muerte20 Member Posts: 1
    I MUST SAY I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY '02 MITSU. I HAVE A DIAMANTE VRX IT'S NICE LEATHER INSIDE AND HAS WAY MORE THAN AMPLE PICK-UP! THERE WERE SOME ROTOR ISSUES IN THE WEARING IN STAGE. THE PANELS ARE GREAT WHITE FACED WITH RED LIGHT, VERY FORGIVING ON EYES FOR LONG DRIVES. THE CAR RIDES A LITTLE TO SMOOTH THOUGH 80 FEELS LIKE THE SAME AS 65. COMPLAINT... MY PAYMENTS..FOR THE CAR NOT BAD FOR MY WALLET HORRIBLE.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hi muerte20 - welcome to the Town Hall!

You might want to join other Diamante owners in our ongoing general Mitsubishi Diamante discussion. I'm sure they would love to hear about your experiences with your vehicle. Just click on that link to get there.

This discussion is where we share what we paid and our specific experience at purchasing the car. How did that go for you?

Oh and PS - it would be good if you would undo your Caps Lock key - looks like you are yelling at us! :)
  • Options
    benzboy429benzboy429 Member Posts: 16
    i just got myself a 2000 diamante ls w/ weather package for 10,000 with 50k miles. it was a one owner lease. oh btw i got this from bay ridge mitsubishi in new york.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Want to share what you paid and how your buying experience was? Be sure to stop by our general Diamante discussion at the link in my message just prior to yours.
  • Options
    congrats!
  • Options
    glabglab Member Posts: 11
    Purchased Feb '03 for $18,900. with 10,600 miles and provided as "certified" with a one year roadservice and 100K drive train warranty (didn't buy from a Mitsu dealer. Checked carfax and other services and determined that it was a rental car originally. It appeared most used Diamantes were rental cars in there previous life. I think this is also what motivates the used Diamante prices to drop so quickly....People will not pay premium used car prices for rental cars and as I said, a high percentage of used Diamantes come from the rental fleet.

After driving for a little over a year and 12,500 more miles I have Zero regrets. The dealer has been honoring the new car warranty without issue.
  • Options
    mante2004mante2004 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2004 Diamante LS it had 17,000mil.and after 5 days the service maintenance icon light turn on.....I took it back to the dealership and the problem was the gas cap wasnt screw pass the 3 click....what a waste a time i spent at the dealership for such an easy fixs.My problems wasnt over after 2 days of driving my service light luminated again and its not the gas cap this time...Im taking it in on 4-10-05...I hope its something simple...
    If anyone has similar problems please send reply...
    ty
    las vegas
  • Options
    ecabecab Member Posts: 1
    dear glab,

Do you still have the car? How is it performing these days?

I am considering buyin a 2002 Diamante from a private ownwer with 41k miles. Any advice as to what I should look for?

ANy help appreciated.

thanx
  • Options
    hank_in_ochank_in_oc Member Posts: 4
    Just got a 2004 VRX with 28K mileage for $16K. This car is replacing my 2001 LS which was wrecked a couple of weeks ago. I love the stylying, handling and power compared to my old D. I bought it in San Diego from a Mitsu dealer. Experience was not bad, they were asking $18,700 on the sticker and it took some time to work them down to my price. Actually, I was a bit surprised they were so tough on the deal considering it's an orphan car. It has a few minor flaws (one missing floor mat and some minor wear and tear), but overall drives like new. It's a shame they got rid of the D, especially after giving it a new look in 2004.
  • Options
    shahzadshahzad Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at buying a one owner '93 ES with 70k miles for 3500.00. The car is in decent shape with few scrathces. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    kellyndkellynd Member Posts: 5
    I'm living in Tulsa OK. & wanting to purchase my First Diamante but 3rd Mitsu overall.

I have found a few 03 LS's , one in particular i like has @ 52,000 & they are asking the regular top $$ book amount for it @ $13,995. I am going to try & get them down to @ $12,000.

Is that reasonable? the dealership is Not a Mitsu, but a small private used car lot. The other is pretty much the same deal but with 57,000 mile & the same price, But it is at Don Carlton Mitsu. Dealership & they said it is the best example of a used DIAM in Town.

Question; Should I be expecting to talk either of these places down to @ $11- $12,000???

Thanks anyone!!!
  • Options
    nylounylou Member Posts: 2
    I own a 2003 diamante with 22,800 miles , the car is fully loaded , heated seats ,heated mirriors, traction control,all the bells and whistles, i am the orginal owner, the only thing is the rear bumper is a litlle scuffed. the car is white and in great shape, i would take 14,000 for mine get back to me.PS i paid 29,975 for it...
  • Options
    mirtomirto Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 D with 102K miles on it. I bought it about 3 years ago and other than the usual brakes and tires I have had pretty good luck. I have every option in mine and the heated seats get a lot of use in the winter. The only major issue I had was a leak in my heater core. I was told 900-1200 to replace it...........For $3.18 I bought a 10oz bottle of Bar's Leaks.......no more heater core problems...
This discussion has been closed.