Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tuoraftuoraf Posts: 3
    Houston,TX; Just purchased '08 Nismo KC w/tech package and Ipod connection @ 20.8K after $2500 rebate.
  • I’m looking at buying a 2008 crew cab SE V6. I would really like to get a Long bed, with a manual and the value truck package. I live in Iowa and the Nissan Dealer told me the combination of a long bed and manual would be so difficult to find I would have to have one built. This will be my first time buying a new vehicle, so I’m new to the game. Is it common to have to have a truck built because I want those features? If I get it built can I still negotiate on the price?
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I would do a search on the nissanusa website to see if you can get something in several cities within 500 mi of your locale. If you can't find one get bids from 10-20 dealers on a special order to your specs or better, an auto out of stock via internet. Make them aware you are getting 10+ bids. Do it toward the end of the month. It shouldn't cost them anything as they have no carrying costs as they do on stock vehicles. Most rebates specify only for stock vehicles and the situation with orders could only be determined by getting the bids.

An average deal on a crew cab se is 4000 off msrp (including rebate). If you can't approach this on a special order manual (you lose the 2500 rebate) you will be paying 2500 more for a manual trans.

Good luck
    --jjf

I’m looking at buying a 2008 crew cab SE V6. I would really like to get a Long bed, with a manual and the value truck package. I live in Iowa and the Nissan Dealer told me the combination of a long bed and manual would be so difficult to find I would have to have one built. This will be my first time buying a new vehicle, so I’m new to the game. Is it common to have to have a truck built because I want those features? If I get it built can I still negotiate on the price?
  • pahunterpahunter Posts: 5
    I just bought a 2008 CrewCab Long Bed 4x4 from Ehrlich Nissan in Greeley, CO for $22,785. They also offered me a 2008 6sp manual Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed (Super Black)for $21,999. Fly into Denver and have them pick you up. Call Brandon at internet sales 970-353-5333. They are incredibly quick and no surprises. Tell him Gary sent you.
  • angantangant Posts: 7
    pahunter;

Can you tell me more about the truck you bought? I am going to attempt to purchase an '08 CC tomorrow at a local dealer here in NC. did you buy an SE? What options? Automatic? Did you have a trade? That ssems like a great buy.

Thanks.
    Sorry I did not put in all the info. I realized that after I had posted my reply.
    The truck I bought is a 2008 Frontier SE CrewCab 4x4 Long Bed (Radiant Silver) with Value Truck Pkg, Automatic with Class 4 hitch (6500 lb hitch), No trade so I was in the drivers seat. I searched all over the country before buying. I even wrote a dealer in Statesville, NC because that is where we are going by the end of March. He told me they don't deal. I think anyone would be hard pressed to match the deal I received.
  • jjf and pahunter,

thanks a lot for the advice. I decided to go with an automatic, because I found three dealers in Iowa that had the truck with the options I was looking for. I sent out a few internet price quotes to the dealers I knew had the truck I wanted in stock. The next day two of the dealers called me. I just purchased an 08 CC SE long bed, 4x4,VTP with a sliding bed extender for 23,211. Not quite as good a Deal as pahunter but I was able to get rid of my 95 eagle talon, So I'm very happy
    Sounds like a good call.

--jjf
    Excellent, especially getting rid of your 1995 Talon in the deal. Congratulations!!!!!!
  • nicpnicp Posts: 1
    What state did you buy? Was this the price before or after any incentives?
    I'm getting ready to buy in CA and gathering as much info as possible...thanks
  • I bought it in Iowa and the price was after the incentives.
  • kingnhkingnh Posts: 4
    Currently in March the rebate for the Frontier is $2500 as it was in February.

Does anyone know what the rebates were for Frontiers in the past, over the last year?

Is $2500 historically high, low, or average?

I am seriously considering buying one but am not in any hurry and can wait 6 months, or even until next Feb 09 (when my car will no longer pass inspection) in order to wait for the best deal I can get. Be it picking up an end of the model year 08 in the fall and/or waiting until a better rebate. The problem is, I have no idea how good $2500 is and if I should pounce on it now or wait for a better one. I can not find anywhere on the net that lists past rebates.
    It is historically high, as all the rebates and incentives (both public and hidden) are now for all the 20mpg trucks/suv's.

You want about 4000-5000 off msrp or more off a 27000 Frontier. Possibly more.

The well optioned 29000 Honda ridgeline RTX awd is availble for about 22000, possibly less. It is a more well refined and quality piece than the Frontier but 4wd is inferior.

The 31000 Dakota crew cab slt has sold frequently for 10000 off msrp. It has a lifetime powertrain warranty. Personally, given the altenatives I would want more off.

All the trucks with the economy and gas prices are in free fall. Try to get your truck as close to 10-15% above the wholesale used price of an 07 with average miles as you can (kbb.com nada.com). Waiting till 09 may not be productive as the compact truck manufacturers have been adjusting their volume for economic conditions.

Good luck
    --jjf

Currently in March the rebate for the Frontier is $2500 as it was in February.

Does anyone know what the rebates were for Frontiers in the past, over the last year?

Is $2500 historically high, low, or average?

I am seriously considering buying one but am not in any hurry and can wait 6 months, or even until next Feb 09 (when my car will no longer pass inspection) in order to wait for the best deal I can get. Be it picking up an end of the model year 08 in the fall and/or waiting until a better rebate. The problem is, I have no idea how good $2500 is and if I should pounce on it now or wait for a better one. I can not find anywhere on the net that lists past rebates.
  • ron_mron_m Posts: 188
    Just out of curiosity, how good of a price is $24,030.00(OTD) for a 2008 Frontier SE 4X4 Crew Cab Short Bed that is pretty well equipped; minus the upgraded sound system and fog lamps? This price includes sales tax and all fees. The truck does have a bed extender and tow hitch receiver. I'm very interested in purchasing this truck, but I'm not so sure that this price is low enough. Also, I am definitely not in a big hurry to take the plunge, but if this is a really good deal I may move forward on this sometime later this week.

Thanks in advance for any informed opinions on this issue!
    My complete total for a 2008 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 SE w/VTP and Class 4 Hitch w/7 pin connector(Heaviest Hitch pkg) was $24,265. That is including taxes and Dealer Handling. Actually, you can take another $128.24 off of that as the dealer collected taxes incorrectly.
    For a $27000msrp or so short bed SE model with the power windows and such a jumpable price would be about 5000+ off msrp. It will wholesale used for about 19000 or less 1st year. Taxes can vary from $100 to $2200 on that vehicle depending on state so OTD is not very descriptive without a breakdown of taxes, title, and dealer fees. Whether or not you got a $22000 price without much effort I would definitely get some competing bids via email from about 10 other dealers last week of the month. Also see my previous posts on some possible alternatives.

Good luck
    --jjf

Just out of curiosity, how good of a price is $24,030.00(OTD) for a 2008 Frontier SE 4X4 Crew Cab Short Bed that is pretty well equipped; minus the upgraded sound system and fog lamps? This price includes sales tax and all fees. The truck does have a bed extender and tow hitch receiver. I'm very interested in purchasing this truck, but I'm not so sure that this price is low enough. Also, I am definitely not in a big hurry to take the plunge, but if this is a really good deal I may move forward on this sometime later this week.

Thanks in advance for any informed opinions on this issue
  • mike8194mike8194 Posts: 9
    I just received a quote for a 2008 Nissan Frontier Nismo King Cab in majestic blue for $22,500 out the door. Any thoughts? Is this the best I'm gonna do? This price includes doc fee, tax, tag, title, etc. The MSRP is $24,690 and Invoice is $23,101.
  • angantangant Posts: 7
    I was told I could buy any Nissan Frontier of my choice for invoice minus $400 minus rebate (2500). In your case: 23101-400=22701-2500=20201. I don't know what the other $2299 is. I guess it would include dest?, doc fee, tax, tag. As long as you're comfortable with the $2300, although I can't believe it costs that much for those other things. I ask the question. Good Luck!
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    OTD prices are impossible to compare without knowing the doc fee, the tax rate, the license fee, and other fees that vary by state and city.
    Chicago has at least a 9% sales tax.
    In some states doc fee is close to $500.
    Title and tag fee was over $400 (not including sales tax) for my Nissan Frontier.

Price for vehicle including destination fee is the best number to use when comparing with prices in paid by other buyers where fees vary.
  • shackmshackm Posts: 9
    Just purchased an '08 basic KC 4 cyl. XE. All she has is A/C, a fairly nice stereo system, and a bedliner. $15,582 OTD from Nissan of Athens, GA. 23 MPG on first tank with a lot of up and down RPM driving (trying to break it in).

Great dealership experience!