Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• epiieq1epiieq1 Posts: 1
    I just purchased an '08 NISMO King Cab w/ Tech Package, Traction Package, Side Airbags, Tow Hitch, Bed Divider, Floor Mats, and iPod Kit for $27,000 less the $2500 rebate, so approx. $24,500 before tax, license, docs, etc. I'll be ordering my SnugTop for it tomorrow.

Unbelievably awesome dealership experience (no pressure, super helpful, went the extra mile). I purchased it from Santa Barbara Nissan in Santa Barbara, CA.
  • subaru_mansubaru_man Posts: 17
    What kind of deal do you think is to be have for a 08 frontier cc SE (or LE) this summer. With gas being $4, what are the odds of getting one for invoice minus 5k? I'm in the process of buying an '07 LE CC, 36k mi, canopy, side step for 20k. Sounds high, I was going to offer the guy 18k. Clean looking rig though.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Read my message 4681 in the Hyundai sonata forum and determine for yourself what the odds are last week of the month. Keep our offer around nada or kbb wholesale for a used 20mpg truck, not the owner seller or dealer retail #'s. (yes prices are dropping on the used ones that fast)

If you're interested in a new truck and Don't need true 4wd its hard to beat the Honda Ridgeline AWD for about 8000 off MSRP. This puts the RTX (near base) in the sub 22k range, and the 31000 RTS about 23000. Quality is outstanding and it is a much better rig than the Frontier. A 2' tighter turning circle too despite being 4" wider. They're going 4500 or more off invoice.(almost 8k off msrp) Test drive both and see what you think.

Don't know iff the Frontier will stall at 5000 off msrp or not. The owners club reports 24+ mpg highway frequently with the Ridgeline lightly loaded. The bed will fit sheets of plywood or drywall and the trunk in bed is a nice touch. Much heavier tailgate loading possible than with frontier and swing out in addition to swing down tailgate. Tows 1200 lbs less than Nissan though.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • subaru_mansubaru_man Posts: 17
    I initially wanted the ridgeline based on spec. I test drove one over the weekend and was very dissapointed.
  • Y are we talking about Looking at the Hundai foram and O look at the Honda Rigline This is not the Honda foram. and in my appinion The honda is a nice truck but it is not a real truck the bed is to small for dooing Man things and No real 4wd Nice room nice seets and back seet Nice power trane. and Nice build quality. The nissan has grate build quality also. Just what I think This is the Nissan Frunteere Foram sorry about my spelling guys. If you would post what you are talking about in this foram Not the Hundai foram. anyway GUys I am looking for a Nissan fruntteere 4 sil eather auto or stick. Has anyone baught one in New York state if so Pleas let me no any good dealers and there prices. I will be contacting menny dealers real soon to start the bidding. Thankyou guys for reading my posting and Like I said sorry about my spelling I no it is Not the best Marco.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    spell check
  • zhampton21zhampton21 Posts: 27
    I am looking into getting a 2008 NISMO Frontier KC 4x4, no added options (As they are very hard to find) and in an automatic (again, prefer manual but can't find it and want a locking rear diff with the NISMO).

I have a quote from a dealer right now for $22,976. The MSRP is $26,976. They are going to pay off my lease with my current car and wipe away mileage charges (hopefully). I don't want to put any money down, and am hoping to maybe get them down a little furhter, if possible.

Does this seem like a good deal, or should I keep trying to get them down?
  • zhampton21zhampton21 Posts: 27
    There were no NISMO's to be found in the southwest part of the US, so I had to settle for a 2008 Frontier SE 4x4. I love the trauck, and after an easy transaction, left with a purchase price of $19,990 at an MSRP of $24,846. I thought it was a good deal, and couldn't be happier with the truck.

Now it's time to MOD!
  • firehaz1firehaz1 Posts: 16
    I'm just about to buy this 2008 Frontier SE 4 x 4 CC LWB, SE Value Pkg., Moonroof, Side and curtain airbag and tow pkg. MSRP- 29,165.00. I'm quoted 23,700.00 that includes the 3500.00 Memorial Day Extra rebate. I hope its a good deal. Any thoughts?
    5300 off is about an average deal on a Frontier. Not a bad deal, Not a great deal. In the absence of anything better. If you are financing it would be good to check out numerous options as you could easily leave 2000 or more on the table there.

Good luck
    --jjf

I'm just about to buy this 2008 Frontier SE 4 x 4 CC LWB, SE Value Pkg., Moonroof, Side and curtain airbag and tow pkg. MSRP- 29,165.00. I'm quoted 23,700.00 that includes the 3500.00 Memorial Day Extra rebate. I hope its a good deal. Any thoughts?
  • firehaz1firehaz1 Posts: 16
    I'm getting 5.25% for 72 months from my credit union. The dealer said he could not beat that. I'll look around a little more before I make the deal final. Thanks.
  • lasorcierlasorcier Posts: 3
    Just pulled the Trigger on a 4 cylinder SE KC (4x2, Manual) in avalanche (white). It came with mats, power package and bedliner.

Sticker was 20,580
    Invoice per edmunds was $19,450 (going from memory)
    TMV per edmunds is 19,893

Price before rebate 18,550
    Price after rebate 16,800

They also waived the documentation fees.

Nissan of Omaha. They were really good and it was effortless.

I also got quotes (also good) from Lake Manawa Nissan, but they didn't have any of them in any color. Just V6's of which they presumably are dying to rid themselves. They would have set me up in another one until mine came in. They also indicated they would waive fees.
    I believe the KC se is a V6. If you have a 4 cylinder that is the XE. Msrp sounds high for an xe manual unless the bedliner was $990 and that is the dealer sticker.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • ninevelninevel Posts: 2
    It's a great deal because I got mind for 25,700 at Alexander Nissan, PA. I don't recommend anybody doing business with them. They are the worst -- sleazy.
  • lasorcierlasorcier Posts: 3
    No, I am quite certain I got the 4-cylinder SE.

As the sticker reads:

'08 Frontier 4x2 KC SE (top of the sticker)

Mechanical and Performance
    2.5 Liter DOHC 4-Cylinder Engine
    152 Horsepower and 171 lb-ft Torque
    5-Speed Manual Transmission

Base - 18,250
    Mats - 105
    Liner - 430
    Power Package - 1050
    Destination - 745

Total MSRP 20,580

As per sales contract:

Vehicle price - 18,550
    Rebate - 1,750
    Government filing fees 17

Total Net Price - 16,817

Per Edmunds:

Invoice - 19,447on my printout of Edmunds on 5/24/08
    TMV - 19,585 on my printout of Edmunds on 5/24/08 although at the time of this posting, Edmunds says 20,055. Weird
    I never knew they added the 4cyl to the se lineup. Does it have the better interior and the alloys or steel wheels?

--jjf
  • Yes the added the c 4 sil to the Line up think it Has bittor interior from what My frend who works at a nissan dealer On long island Has told me. Nice truck and good price good Luck with it grate nice truck Marco.
  • How is the truck running how menny Miles have you put on it in the Last Munth Still looking for a 4 sil one thankyou.
  • mdawg25mdawg25 Posts: 23
    I am thinking about buying a 2000 Frontier. I know the reliability is pretty good, but how many miles can I expect out of it? It would have the V6, I could go auto or manual on the trans. What are some things I should look for as far as weaknesses for these trucks?
    Thanks
    Actually, the reliability for both the Frontier and Tacoma is about average for the newer ones, and pot luck like the rest for an 8 year old. Weaknesses are the same as for any other vehicle except 4wd. Test drive it for about an hour, hills, highway etc
    start the car ten times, check all the switches lights, signals, doors reverse forward l1 l2. Perhaps others can help with testing 4wd. Personally, for low mpg vehicles like this now I would prefer getting it for around nada or kbb wholesale (trade in value) or less. If it has over 120k and barely rates nada fair cond even less.

Good luck
    --jjf

I am thinking about buying a 2000 Frontier. I know the reliability is pretty good, but how many miles can I expect out of it? It would have the V6, I could go auto or manual on the trans. What are some things I should look for as far as weaknesses for these trucks?
    Thanks