Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I found an '04 with 1100 miles, power everything, 6 cylinder, automatic, 2wd. I've been looking for a Tacoma but couldn't pass up this deal. What is everyone's opinion on this model?
  • sean3sean3 Posts: 158
    Hi I just looked at an '04 frontier at nissan (they were closed) and they only had a few 04's frontiers left, and I looes at an '04 Standard stickered for 17,600 give or take w/a 2,500 rebate, It did have a package not sure which ,but it included

PW/PL Keyless

ac, auto

2.4 4cyl

tint,bedliner, 15"alloy

I emailed dealer today and he came back with 17,000-2,500 =14,500 before taxes and fees,

I was wondering if that is a good price, And if the 2.4 is decent,&if it has the variable valve timing,My current Mitsubishi has a 2.4L w/variable timing and it is a sedan. This was one of only 3 '04 frontiers left, Is this a good deal considering they are "leftover" 04's? the other few frontiers were outa my price range, The '04 Xe had all the options I want, but is the 4cyl sufficient, for around town and occasional higway trips, should I ask for a better deal considering the '05 is a total redesign, 14,500+fees&taxes,,I am worried if I wait it will be gone and miss a good deal..Any thoughts? thanks sean
    thas what im looking at also except the one im lookin at is a 4cyl 2wd, and that is my primary concern, if the 4cyl is able for normal driving,,my current mitsubishi has enough power and its a 2.4 4cyl/w variable timing, and im guessing the '04 frontier 4cyl doesn't have it, It seems it has decent euipment

Auto,Ac,Pw,tilt/cruise,alloys.bedliner,3-window tint, Any suggestions on '04 frontiers&prices...Sean
    Now I kind of confused on the '04 frontier XE,, Basically does the package include what is actually on the truck im looking at here is what it has

Auto,4cyl

AC

Alloy wheels

Pw/pl,pm, Keyless

Tilt

Bedliner

Tint

ABS (not for sure its 4whl abs)

CD

What package is this considered? or are they add-ons?, One of the last ones left besides a few desert runners.

dealer emailed me back w/14,500,

including rebate, not including taxes and fees. the window sticker says 17,600 including destination, The silver color would be my last choice, but if this is a good deal i dont care, I think the one thing left out was cruise control, but all other power options were included...Any other 4cyl frontier automatic drivers? any thoughts///Thanks Sean
    sorry about multiple posts, confused on packages that are on the xe im looking at, as far as i can tell for the XE there is as follows

G03-Value Truck package

B01-Basic gear package

U02-Utility package

P02-Power package

H94-storage box

M96-Bedliner w/caps

N92-Bed extender

L92-Floor mats,

Based on AC,Auto,4cyl,Pw/Pl/Pm/Keyless,Bedliner,alloys,tint,ABS 4whl?,CD, wHat packages are thoses considered, I only saw the power package listed on actual sticker tonite, I dont think this included cruise for some reason, anyways 14,500 with rebates+ taxes and fees,considering it is pratically 2005 now, the 2004 frontier is brand new on Nissans lot. I saw people were paying the same a year ago, but was confused about package options. should i try to get a better deal considering these are basically leftovers as far as the car industry is concerned, and will this 04 truck still be able to be called brand new new in a few days? This one is the only regular cab left at my only local Nisssan dealer...I like the truck but havent driven it yet, My only real concern is if the 4cyl w/auto will be sufficient, for around town and some interstate....thanks alot Sean
  • Yesterday I bought a '04 Frontier. Includes auto V6, power D/L/W, 6 speaker system w/single CD, LB, crew cab, 6 year extended warranty for $21K. Bought it at Mossy Nissan in Oceanside, CA. They are running a 1%, $2500 rebate right now to liquidate '04 inventory. Great people to work with. Definitely recommend if anyone is in the market for a new Frontier.
  • i just got back from test driving an '04 king cab xe with the 4 cylinder, power everything, cd player, bed liner, auto transmission. was not impressed. very slow. bouncy ride. stereo was absolutely horrible. they say it has 4 speakers but that is just two mid ranges and two tweeters. i made the mistake of driving the 05 before driving the 04. the 05 is so much better than the 04. of course, there's also a huge difference between $15k for the 04 and $23k for an 05.
    Thanks charlie_b , sounds identical to the one I am interested in '04 XE king 4cyl.auto, power everything,havent had a chance supposed to drive it today, 14,500 is the price dealer gave me including 2,500 reb. and "knocked" another $650 or so i think the sticker said 17,700 apx. but what you said was mmy main concern . A 4cyl auto truck would be underpowered. I noticed one power option that was not included was cruise, are they trying to tell you something like " not meant for highway or interstate driving"

I'd like to find a Desert Runner king cab 4x2 , with same options, w/V6, 5sp, but dealer only has a CC 4x4.

Does the '05 Frontier have the king kab that comes standard on every pre '05 frontier..The base engine is a 2.5L same engine as Altima..with variable valves/which I could see working in a compact truck, more refined larger power band ,bump in HP,especially in a standard tranny. Thanks Sean
  • the 2005s only come in king cab or crew cab. the problem right now is that the 4 cylinders won't be out until march. the other problem is that to get a 4 cylinder you have to get the XE model which prevents you from getting nice stereo, utilitrack bed, spray on bed liner from factory.

the 05 4 cylinder engine is far better than the 04, but the 05 tacoma's 4 cylinder is better than the 05 frontier's. my ideal truck would be to get the tacoma's 4 cylinder engine into a frontier LS body.

as far as 6 cylinders go, the 05 frontier pretty much blows away the tacoma's. more hp, torque, and a timing chain instead of a belt.
  • hkingshkings Posts: 74
    05 Frontier Crew Cab LE Auto 4x4 (Loaded)

Smoke Gray / Steel Leather

ALBS

Sunroof Pkg

Leather Pkg

Traction Pkg

Side Air Bag Pkg

Rockford Fosgate Pkg

Floormats

(Buying sliding Bed Extender and chrome bumpers later.)

Fortunately, I was able to get in on the Nissan VPP program for Friends and Family which sells me the Nissan of my choice for 2.87% under INVOICE (not just MSRP), however there is a 2.5% dealer charge on the under invoice figure. Long story short I'm getting the above truck which has a:

Total MSRP of $31,690

With Invoice of $29,010

My Grand Total $28,953

I figure getting about $2737 off MSRP, ($60 under invoice) for a new 05 this early in the game is a great deal. Especially since dealers dont HAVE to honor the Nissan VPP; it is up to each individual dealer if they choose to honor it.

As a side note, I could have gotten my choice of 05 Frontiers through a dealer in Seattle that will sell all Nissans for $500 under invoice. However after shipping and travel costs to me, it ended up being a bit more than VPP.

In any event, it is NOT impossible to get a deal on the 05s. When I was first interested in the 05 Tacomas I called about 20 dealers and had some of them fighting for my business quoting up to $2000 off before even hitting lots. If everyone did their homework, called plenty of dealers, and just let dealers know that you are willing to buy, but will go elsewhere if need be, then deals are there to be had. Since the 05 Frontier is late to the game, one also has to take into account there is already built in competition.

Anyways, Good Luck and Happy New Year!
  • That seems a bit high sean. I just purchased an 04 Desert Runner with, the value truck package, and mats for 14,947 less tax, and reg. This is from CarsDirect.com., give them a try. I think you can do better.

Grandpax3
  • 05 crew cab LE Auto 4x4

Rocksford

ALBS

Floormats

I wasn't as fortuate to get a VPP package but i had a pretty pleasent experiace with Lewis Nissan, beckley West Virginia. After only 20 minutes of negotiating i got what i think to be a pretty good deal.

Total MSRP $28280

My Total $26500

differance $1780.00

Which is right at what i thought i should be able to negotiate to. So far i've very pleased with my deal and my truck. Good luck and happy dealings.
    anybody know if dealers have any '04 frontiers in stock? cant quite swing the '05, but like the 04's still, Considering I have a trade, cant use carsdirect or similar company,,any v6 4x2 auto or 5sp with atleast Pw/Pl tilt etc,,or will a chevy colorado be better considering GM is known for incentives?
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,267
    I received a call from my local dealer on Sun, Dec 19th, informing me that they had one '04 4x4 crew in stock that was similar to one I had inquired about two months earlier, so I know that new '04s in general are getting pretty rare. If looks do not matter to you then perhaps the Colorado would be easier to find and less maybe $ initially, but it will likely also have a lower resale value because of all those incentives. You might also be able to find barely used '04 4x2s in the next few months as some folks get and act on those "grass is always greener" jitters.
    somebody mentioned no 4cyl available untill march, tonite I stopped by Nissan and out of the few '05 Fronts they had one was a XE 4cyl 5sp, AC, CC, tint, Tilt,bedliner,4whl abs sticker says 18,400, It was unlocked so I hopped in it covered in snow, It looked nice thick comfortable seats, what off MSRP should I consider a fair good deal? It's the only Nissan dealer for about 30 miles, while not crazy about the color (white).w/black door handles. I can't get a clear invoice on this truck Any ideas, thanks Sean
  • novanova Posts: 135
    I got a phone call from a dealer $400.00 over invoice no dealer prep. I ran over there to pick up my new truck. The one I wanted was in the back so I drove the one they had right in front was ready to buy. I told him I want to drive the one I am going to buy. I got one block and turned around howling sound started about 27 mph could not tell if it was the roof rack or a bad wind leak some were else. They are going to try and find it on monday. I am a little worried about buying a truck they have to fix already
  • picked mine up last fri nite from downtown la motors ; the first one w/ my exact choice of configurations in the northwest regions: white/steel cloth, 6spd, c/c, all option pkgs. easiest purchase ever made on new car - sent an email to the internet mgr offering the price, he excepted, went in and out in 1 hr including waiting around for the truck to be prep'ed. even got the gold security plus pkg for 7 yr/ 100k extended warranty for $1300 (not sure about if this is a good price or not since there's no comparative data available for me).

i was seriously debating b/t the taco and fronty but glad that i went w/ the fronty. best bang for my bucks. so far the truck has been sweet.
  • Interesting, some people were saying there is no way dealers are coming down off MSRP, what a joke. Sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy and keep the board up to date with any problems.
  • jasong2jasong2 Posts: 18
    I bought my 2005 Frontier (Crew Cab SE-V6, 2WD, manual with power package, ABLS, microfilter, floor mats, in storm gray) on Friday 1/7/05. I negotiated for $1100 above TMV on my trade (and above what all others dealers offered) and then got $300 off the MSRP plus some vouchers that I have already used for bed accessories. So, the way I look at it, I got the truck for 22,060 minus $1100 over TMV for the trade and $100 voucher for a grand total of $20860 or $235 below invoice.

Jason
  • badnessbadness Posts: 242
    would you say it better too deal with the internet Sales rep ??