Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• That seems a bit high sean. I just purchased an 04 Desert Runner with, the value truck package, and mats for 14,947 less tax, and reg. This is from CarsDirect.com., give them a try. I think you can do better.

Grandpax3
  • 05 crew cab LE Auto 4x4

Rocksford

ALBS

Floormats

I wasn't as fortuate to get a VPP package but i had a pretty pleasent experiace with Lewis Nissan, beckley West Virginia. After only 20 minutes of negotiating i got what i think to be a pretty good deal.

Total MSRP $28280

My Total $26500

differance $1780.00

Which is right at what i thought i should be able to negotiate to. So far i've very pleased with my deal and my truck. Good luck and happy dealings.
  • sean3sean3 Posts: 158
    anybody know if dealers have any '04 frontiers in stock? cant quite swing the '05, but like the 04's still, Considering I have a trade, cant use carsdirect or similar company,,any v6 4x2 auto or 5sp with atleast Pw/Pl tilt etc,,or will a chevy colorado be better considering GM is known for incentives?
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,582
    I received a call from my local dealer on Sun, Dec 19th, informing me that they had one '04 4x4 crew in stock that was similar to one I had inquired about two months earlier, so I know that new '04s in general are getting pretty rare. If looks do not matter to you then perhaps the Colorado would be easier to find and less maybe $ initially, but it will likely also have a lower resale value because of all those incentives. You might also be able to find barely used '04 4x2s in the next few months as some folks get and act on those "grass is always greener" jitters.
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
  • sean3sean3 Posts: 158
    somebody mentioned no 4cyl available untill march, tonite I stopped by Nissan and out of the few '05 Fronts they had one was a XE 4cyl 5sp, AC, CC, tint, Tilt,bedliner,4whl abs sticker says 18,400, It was unlocked so I hopped in it covered in snow, It looked nice thick comfortable seats, what off MSRP should I consider a fair good deal? It's the only Nissan dealer for about 30 miles, while not crazy about the color (white).w/black door handles. I can't get a clear invoice on this truck Any ideas, thanks Sean
  • novanova Posts: 135
    I got a phone call from a dealer $400.00 over invoice no dealer prep. I ran over there to pick up my new truck. The one I wanted was in the back so I drove the one they had right in front was ready to buy. I told him I want to drive the one I am going to buy. I got one block and turned around howling sound started about 27 mph could not tell if it was the roof rack or a bad wind leak some were else. They are going to try and find it on monday. I am a little worried about buying a truck they have to fix already
  • picked mine up last fri nite from downtown la motors ; the first one w/ my exact choice of configurations in the northwest regions: white/steel cloth, 6spd, c/c, all option pkgs. easiest purchase ever made on new car - sent an email to the internet mgr offering the price, he excepted, went in and out in 1 hr including waiting around for the truck to be prep'ed. even got the gold security plus pkg for 7 yr/ 100k extended warranty for $1300 (not sure about if this is a good price or not since there's no comparative data available for me).

i was seriously debating b/t the taco and fronty but glad that i went w/ the fronty. best bang for my bucks. so far the truck has been sweet.
  • Interesting, some people were saying there is no way dealers are coming down off MSRP, what a joke. Sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy and keep the board up to date with any problems.
  • jasong2jasong2 Posts: 18
    I bought my 2005 Frontier (Crew Cab SE-V6, 2WD, manual with power package, ABLS, microfilter, floor mats, in storm gray) on Friday 1/7/05. I negotiated for $1100 above TMV on my trade (and above what all others dealers offered) and then got $300 off the MSRP plus some vouchers that I have already used for bed accessories. So, the way I look at it, I got the truck for 22,060 minus $1100 over TMV for the trade and $100 voucher for a grand total of $20860 or $235 below invoice.

Jason
  • badnessbadness Posts: 242
    would you say it better too deal with the internet Sales rep ??
  • it's definitely better to deal w/ the internet mgr. the 2 internet mgrs (in calif) at cornell nissan in costa mesa and downtown la motors are very courteous and very easy to talk to, not pushy at all. i'm sure they will agree to a price at few hundred over invoice if you're serious in purchase. stay away from the pushy salemen unless you want to talk to their sales mgr every other 10 minutes since it seems all they could do is to get their mgr to talk to you each time you throw out a number.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,582
    More than likely just a part improperly secured or installed backward. It happens, but not necessarily an indicator of mechanical unreliability! Hopefully this little hiccup will be just that..... good luck!
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
    Hey thanks for the info.
  • PaulPaul Posts: 9
    I have had several issues with Grey-Daniels Nissan North and south in Jackson,MS. i would not recommend them to anyone. I was looking for a 05 Frontier LE CC. Every time I would go by to shop for a new truck I would always get a rude "if you are not buying today I don't have time for you" attitude. I have also had several issues with the service dept. with my 2000 Pathfinder. They felt the need to tell me it needed items that I had replaced weeks earlier.

I ended up driving 90 miles away to buy my 05 Frontier CC LE at Petro Nissan and had a great buying experience. I do not plan on giving Grey-Daniels a penny of my $$$.
  • doesn't matter where you go, who you talk to- nissan sets the prices. different dealers have different mark-ups though- when negotiating, try to go to two different dealers, ask to see their invoices from nissan, and ask for prices on local area dealers- they can do this in seconds... they won't let you keep the sheet though, so just bring a pen, write down the prices, and go to the next place- do the same thing. the longer you talk, the closer to that price they'll get. You can pay that price, and they'd still make money. of course, they'll say they won't... all accessories are also marked up- so negotiate on those as well- go to edmunds.com, look at the dealer costs- and don't pay more than 150-200 bucks over that- if they won't sell it to ya, stay and argue longer, if still not, say you are going somewhere else. the next day, you'll get a phone call.
  • bought my 05 Frontier Crew Cab 4x2 Nismo at Puyallup Nissan for $600 below invoice at the end of January. Total out the door price was $24,400. The one option I wanted but did not get was the sunroof.. this was due to the fact that I wanted red and the only other 4x2 Nismo in the region with this option was black. I drove 160 miles (2.5 hours) into Washington State from Oregon to pick it up .. had to wait almost 4 HOURS total after arriving at my appointment time! The internet deal was already set up and financing arranged, all I had to do was sign the paperwork and have the truck prepped. Granted they were packed that Saturday night, but I'm dissapointed at their lack of speed to hurry things up. I wasn't the only one there that long, I had two other purchasers ahead of me with similar waits.

In their defense, I did get more on my trade than I thought I would.. no dealers in my area could even touch what they gave me.

All in all though, it was an irritating sale but my truck was worth it.
  • 3tacoma3tacoma Posts: 15
    I went by my local dealer today and I told them I wanted bottom line price on a CC,4x4,SE,with the power pack and limited slip. They told me 25,200. This is well over invoice according to Edmonds. Is this a legit price, should I haggle, or go elsewhere? I have heard alot of people on here say they paid invoice or less. Is this true?
    Well, it's been 3 days and knowbody has posted on here. The prices paid posted on here are invoice or a little over. Is this true? I called my dealer back and he said that the price he gave me was $300 over invoice + $500(which is the advertising and destination fee). I called another dealer in my area and he told me that the $500 is added to all customers (most people don't find this out until they go to the little office where the finance guy is).

For the people who said they are paying invoice, are you getting Edmunds invoice or dealer invoice? If you are getting Edmunds invoice, are you paying the xtra $500 when you go to the little of office with the finance guy?
  • coveredicoveredi Posts: 20
    Hey 3Tacoma,

I don't know where you are, but the prices offered in the St. Louis area are right at Invoice. Around here you'd get that truck for about $24,400.

I just bought almost the same truck, but with Manual, Power, no limited slip though, and had them install a hitch, and paid $23167, which is invoice without the hitch addeed.

Are you dealing with their internet sales guys? Around here they simply start out at invoice.
  • centralcalcentralcal Posts: 215
    Edmunds shows the destination charge (I think it was $540) in the invoice pricing, that is what I paid is $400 over the bottom line shown on Edmunds. I thought of this as part of the price of getting the truck (actually if you have ever had a car transported cross country, that is really cheap).

However, it sounds like you are talking about a seperate advertising fee that the dealer is trying to add on, I wouldn't accept it, that is there problem, not yours.
    centralcal,
    Yes, that is what the dealer is trying to do to me. They are tacking on an additional $500 destination fee even though a destination fee is already included in the MSRP.
    There is a whole forum on Edmunds on this. Someone way back it the 05 Taco forum had a great website about all the dealer holdbacks, ways they make money and things to watch out for. I wish I could remember the website but I found it very helpful. Even thinking I had done all my research and everything was in order, the dealer still tried to pull some crap on me at the end also. I really hope this is the last car I buy for a long time (so far, this truck is great).
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    You are probably talking about our Smart Shopper message board. There are a number of helpful discussions there. Specifically, Dealer's Tricks - bait & switch, etc..
  • cateye36cateye36 Posts: 5
    Hello again! I just FINALLY got my first response to 6 emails sent out requesting internet quotes. Apparently in California, they want to make things harder so the buyer comes in.
    Anyway, I got a "2% over invoice" quote which means (in my math) that I would pay $608 OVER invoice but $2333 less than MSRP. I emailed him back (Nissan of Orange) that it was a good START...any suggestions how to whittle this price down further??? Thanks!!!
    Hey can you tell us what you paid for your truck after all said in done?
  • pryme21pryme21 Posts: 11
    I was at the dealer in Reno last night looking at the new frontiers and I noticed that they have a $2995.00 sierra market adjustment over and above the MSRP. The truck was a NISMO 4x4 CC with several options. The MSRP was around $31,000 which seems to be in line with pricing info I have but it was over $34,000 with this "adjustment" seems way too much for that type of truck.
    Dose anyone know what this adjustment is and if all the dealers around the sierras have it. I am getting all my ducks in a row and should try and buy the last week of this month. I cant decide if I should use the Fighting Chance "fax attack" or try the CarBargains.org service.
    Any Information would be helpful.
    Thanks
    if you are willing to go to Seattle to pick up your truck, you can get you truck for $500 under invoice, no hassle. I was going this route, but they didn't have what I wanted. You are not supposed to give dealer info, but it starts with new, has a hyphen, then goes nissans and ends with .com.
  • pryme21pryme21 Posts: 11
    you can post dealer info but not personal contact info. What's the dealer name in Seattle with the $500.00 below invoice. I don't really want to go that far but it could be a good card to play.Thanks
    the website is new-nissans.com, they have all the information there. I was working with them, they had ordered a truck, but the build date never came around and a truck in LA came available. I definitely didn't get as good of deal, but it was less hassle.
  • I bought my truck from the above mentioned website. I drove the 160 miles for a better deal but got the exact truck I wanted which was on another dealerships lot. They did a dealer trade the next day and it was there waiting when I arrived. They gave me more on my trade than I expected, plus they were really helpful with a first time new car buyer. I would recommend them to anyone.