Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• i was offered grey '07 A6 3.2 quattro, prem, conv, nav, sirius, sun shades, wood steering wheel, $54260 msrp, $51,032 (supposedly $200 below invoice), $4k out of pocket, 48% residual, $670/month + tax. is this a good deal?
  • Audi 2007 A6 3.2 Quattro Automatic
    Night Blue
    Amaretto Interior
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Front License Plate holder
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Destination charge

MSRP $55220.00
    Buying Price $49000.00 +Tax+TAG+Tire(3430+150+7.50)
    Please help in Decision, is this good price for N. Jersey?
    I must make my deal tomorrow at town motors in Englewood NJ
  • kgarykgary Posts: 180
    $6,000 off MSRP is a good price.
  • wbwynnwbwynn Posts: 246
    very good price...don't see that much.
  • peterny1peterny1 Posts: 2
    Guys and Gals this is the worst experience of my life after everything such as my insurance ID card also the check from capital one and so on was ready, at last minute about 4:47 pm dealer told me they have sold car to someone else they played a good game to let me drop all my all other deal and let me face the music in march. I called Audi of usa and they gave me the drill Dealers are owned and operated individually. :mad: Never Ever go to Town Motors of Englewood NJ. :sick: I am buying Infinity after this experience
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    Did you give the dealer a deposit on the car?
  • prism1prism1 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual value for a FWD 2007 A6. I am considering a 36 month lease with either 12k or 15k annual mileage limitiations.Does the purchase of Audi care effect the residual value?
  • ealazarusealazarus Posts: 23
    I just spoke to the Audi dealer and we have the car that I want at an MSRP of $55,670....after discount then putting back in 2% for sales tax, $575 Lease acquisition and $175 registration/license for 36 months with a 45% residual they came up with a monthly payment of $954.

I came up with $55670 less 45% = 30619 Depreciation is $25051 divided by 36 months = $695.90/mo dep. Cap of $55093 plus Res $ 30618 = $85711 x .00007 = $6

How can we be that far off with these numbers? $250 difference a month?

Thank you

Elliot
    Elliot,

Dealers and manufacturers have another profit center when they get to act as the leasing company; in your case $250 month. Pay cash and forget about it.

Kevin
  • liferulesliferules Posts: 531
    I agree, that seems pretty high... you can get a more expensive car to lease for that price... most people on the forums were commenting on getting lease monthly rates in the $700-mid 800's...

Is this a 4.2 or 3.2?
    I am on my way to another dealership to pick up the A6 with the usual options 36 months for $828/mo.....

This is a far cry from $954. By the way the $954 dealership called me 3 times today and I told him the price was off according to my calculations (yes, I can figure a lease by hand) and the $954 became $902 due to an input error!!!!!!!!!!!

He also said that he does not have the component parts of the deal only the Cap Cost and the payment....come on...I was born at night but not last night.

Elliot
    Elliot,

Congrats on getting the new car. You'll love it!

I agree with changing dealerships, if they start playing games, just walk...
    I can honestly say that I had a wonderful experience at Cavender Audi in San Antonio today.

We handled everything on the telephone. He had the car I wanted with the right color and options and the Salesperson, Nathan Spencer got it done without ANY runaround whatsoever.

I walked into the dealership and they had the car prepped, and the Sales Manager and General Manager came out to make sure that everything was OK.

I went into finance and the paperwork was done...exactly as discussed on the phone with NO upsell....I was in finance for about 5 minutes.....the way it should be.

The car came in $126/mo less than what I wrote above and it was fair for the dealership and fair for me.

When we spoke on the telephone before I drove 1 hour down to San Antonio, I went over everything with Nathan and I made sure he knew we were talking about 15k miles a year. They had figured it at 12k and said immediately that the contract would be changed to 15k without any adjustment.

Now the kicker. They said don't worry about your Mercedes that they would drop it off that afternoon at the MB dealer. All I needed to do was stop in and sign an Odometer statement. They had called over to the MB dealership and I was treated royally by one of the managers and in and out in no time.

This is what a car buying/leasing experience should be. I have leased since 1974 and I can figure the lease by hand.....this was the best experience I have had at a dealership.

Regards

Elliot
    Very nice. I can't say my purchase was that painless...particularly the F&I guy was ridiculous. Don't you wish every auto transaction was as smooth as yours?

Congrats again. Have fun with the great weather we're having in TX this weekend.
  • After a month of shopping around I finally took the dive and purchased a 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line at the weekend. Purchased from Continental Audi in Naperville, IL. Very happy with both the car and the manner in which I was treated at the dealership.

Car is certified through 2010 and is very clean.

If anybody is interested in price details, contact me directly.
  • audi4dkvaudi4dkv Posts: 2
    Just traded in my tired ex-sales vehicle (97 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 142k mi) for a 2001 Audi A6 4.2. Vehicle has sports and cold weather packages and is in excellent condition. My local mechanic gave it a clean bill of health. Concern is the mileage (78k mi). Lots of horror stories on this site + local dealer is warning me about the timing belt. Anyone have advice on 80k checkup and replacement of timing belt? Should I spend the money now for "preventative" maintenance? Quotes are running $800 to $2000. Thanks.
    Replace the timing belt now, along with water pump, tensioners, etc.
  • audi4dkvaudi4dkv Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice. Couple follow-on questions if I may:
    1. Any reason I shouldn't use my local mechanic (trustworthy and fair) vs the dealer?
    2. Any ballpark pricing on what I should expect for the service?

BTW, I paid $17k for the vehicle in SF area. Comps that I could find in the area suggest this was a fair price. Anyone have data that would suggest otherwise?
  • I was quoted MSRP of $51,900 with EXACTLY what features I wanted.

In February the lease rates were so good that I was quoted $6000 down, $500 a month including tax, first month, etc, etc. to drive off of the lot with it. I regret not taking it then. They haven't been able to come close to that since.

Anyone know any special A6 promotions coming soon?
  • sl372sl372 Posts: 4
    Would you let me know about the details?
    Thank you.
  • cottermcotterm Posts: 14
    I just bought (leased an A6) with MSRP of $57710. Selling price is $49,210. Audi has a dealer performance bonus going through thursday of 5k. I am 5k under invoice with 1k lease cash. Money factor .00045. First and fees w/payment of $710. 12k/36 mos.

Buddy bought one yesterday also 55,700 sticker. 8500 off also.
    They are blowing out the 07s before the 08s arrive. Nice job.
  • alanek1alanek1 Posts: 7
    Great deal. Can you tell me where you you got it?

Thanks
  • laurenzilaurenzi Posts: 2
    you can't get both.
  • tom8888tom8888 Posts: 2
    I just got a quote of $10000 off MSRP on leftover 07's A6's from The Collection here in Miami. Just got a car there for my daughter earlier, this is really tempting.
  • jkass02jkass02 Posts: 2
    I'm in Florida, I would be interested in knowing the sales persons name, I am in the markey for an a6

Thanks
  • Just got 7800 off list on a black a6 S line 3.2 quattro navi
    in Charleston SC
    Paid 47600

dealer also had a Fwd 3.2 in white for 39,900 (4400 off)

Atlanta audi dealers showing 10K off some 2007 new a6s on ebay, but not the ones I wanted
  • Just purchased, after much hand wringing, internet searching and car salesman time wasting, a CPO A6. The car I ended up buying was clearly the best deal I saw during my search using mostly web based sources; autotrader, cars.com etc. Here it is: 2006 A6 S-line. 5600 miles. Nav/tech package, black with ebony interior for $38,500. More car than I hoped to get. Could have gotten into one for a few grand less but not even close to those features. In Chicago at Fletcher Jones.
  • For the first time I bought instead of leasing. When Audi dealers were quoting me leasing prices in the low 700s for moderately equipped A6s - it made me say - I might as well buy the car. The deal: MSRP: 56670, I paid 49700. Pkgs: Conv, Tech, Prem, Cold Weather, Heated Steering Wheel, 18" rims, Amaretto Premium Leather seats. Thanks to this site I found out about the huge discounts. I went through a week of hell trying to find the exact color combo (White/Amaretto) but I love it. MMI makes me feel this car was custom made for me.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Posts: 1,150
    Snakes, maybe the reason why the great price is that an S Line 3.2 is a rarity and 3.2 buyers won't usually pay up for the S Line?

Incidentally, what meaningful things do you get with the S Line package? I know that in '08 the Sport Seats are standard with the S Line, but not earlier.