Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1161718192022»

Comments

• Re-categorizing for hopefully better focussed replies. Please see some "strategy" questions at end.
    '03 Audi A6 2.7T QT SDN 39,000mi of elderly parnts. Single Audi/Lexus dealer w/n ~170mi. $45K pd new. Want dlr take back moneypit, then get CR-reliable car. Suggestions re audi strategy?
    ~$5000 Lifetime repairs pd to-date [incl replacing I/O tie rod assembly, ignition coils, torsen differential seal, door lock switches, O sensor, coolant & exhaust temp sensors, aux water pump, eng shield hardware, chain tensioner seals, rr cam plugs, fr axle differential seal, valve cover gasket, emerg flasher switch, battery (2nd x) and brake light switch].
    ~$6300 + tx in ADDITIONAL repairs "recommended" Dec '11 but now deferred [including replacing fr brake pads/rotors (2nd x)), pan gasket and engine rr main seal, lt fr drive axle & CV boot (2nd boot), rt ft axle shaft seal, shifter assembly for reverse light, and rr rotors].
    ~$3000 + tx in MORE ADDITIONAL repair (dealer's analysis but not currently "recommended") : replace valve seal guides (after 2 induction services for exhaust smoke on startup). Therefore, ~$10,000 imminent/future repairs!!!
    Thank you for any feedback esp re strategy/tactic questions, such as e.g. :
    1) what top dollar could be demanded back from dealer if assume car were in excellent condition so p's weren't punished for car's lemony history?
    2) do you agree the repair history/imminent future is outrageous given mileage (used in se-sw US)?
    (3) Using the purchase price paid & repairs paid/to be paid over 9 years, the car's monthly "lease" rate would've been ~$460/mo. Do you know how that would compare with a real lease rate (eg for 5 years, no loan, most favorable terms for lessee)?
    (4) Would it be better to use for trade-in for new Lexus from this dealer which, with clean slate & no exhaust smoke, could be further traded for a CR-reliable/safe, etc car like Honda? Thanx for help.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Posts: 69
    You should be thanking your lucky stars that you have a 10 year old auto with $170K miles and 'ONLY" spent $5K for repairs/maintenance.

You can spend $5K on just 10K, 15K and 25K scheduled maintenance and forget about the cost on maintenance once you get over 40-50K.

If you think that it's a "moneypit", then use it for a trade and take your $1K (maybe) and get another car.

Just MHO.
  • 4moneypit4moneypit Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Just to clarify -- the car has only 39,000 mi on it now (there is only one dealer w/in ~170,000 mi radius). The nature of the repairs already paid for (~$5000), together with the nature of the impending repairs (~$10,000) is the nub of the question. But thank you.

BTW, comparing Audi repair mileage to our '93 Honda Accord Ex manual, on several repairs, so much for Audi's high performance:

New battery Audi @ 16K & 39K but Honda @ 46K and 94K.
    New rear brake pads Audi @ 18K & 37K but Honda @ 76K
    New front brake pads Audi @ 20K & 39K but Honda @ 88K
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Posts: 69
    170 miles would force me to find a dealer that repairs Audi's. There has to one close unless you live in the woods or desert......:-)

But, even with 39K, $5K on expense's is cheap for an A6, especially 10 years old. There is something called yearly maintenance that should be done no matter the mileage.

But it's your car.....I do not put Audi's and Honda's in the same class but that is just me.
  • ebodebod Posts: 2
    I'm wondering what the Money Factor and the Residual are for: (i) 36mo lease at 12k miles/year; and (ii) 42mo lease at 12k miles/year. My credit would be top tier.

I'd lease by the end of this month 2/13, if they can find the build out that I want.

Thanks in advance.
  • medmdmdmedmdmd Posts: 41
    I think you have the wrong thread.
    This question probably belongs in leasing an A6 even though the first requirement to getting a good lease is agreeing to the best purchase price for the car.

I am surprised that there is not too much feedback in this thread on recent prices paid on A6s.
  • njcar2njcar2 Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase the A6 Prem Plus model. The MSRP is $57,020 and two dealers have quoted me $52,500 including the $1,500 conquest money. That discount is 7.9%. What are you finding?
  • mnmwyomnmwyo Posts: 1
    I am buying a 2010 A6 Premium Package plus cold weather package. It has just under 24k miles. The dealer is asking $34,995. This is close to what Edmunds calculates for a CPO at $34,591.

I know there must be a few thousand dollars in profit for the dealer built into the price.

How much room should there be for negotiation?
  • hilltop3hilltop3 Posts: 30
    Placed an order for an A6 3.0 and received rate protection on 42 mos/10K, .00157/48% March figures. MSRP $58,820 and my initial cap cost $55,967. Doc fee $190, acquisition $695, and plates,etc $250. The $1500 Conquest rebate will depend on Audi offerings when car arrives 90 days. Michigan. Car Man, your forums and information you offer up helped me tremendously. Thanks for all you do!
  • spordniarspordniar Posts: 1
    I think your price is very similar (if not exactly) to mine:

MSRP: 61370
    Offered: 56500
    %Discount: 7.935%

From TMV calculator, invoice is sitting at around 6.89%, and TMV is sitting at 4.43%, so we both got a deal under invoice price, which is a good deal IMO.

:lemon:
    Hi Palciparum. When I was negotiating for my 2013 A6 Prestige, my goal was to get the price to $500-1000 over invoice. Your deal sounds great. Apparently, the more expensive the trim line, you will be closer to the $1000 over invoice mark.
  • almattialmatti Posts: 164
    I'm considering these vehicles. I drove a 3.0 A-6 and was sure that was the car to replace my 2010 G37X lease. But the lease numbers are too high... I am going to drive a 2.0T version. Do any posters have any advice ? Will i feel that once having steak....the 2.0T will be hamburger!!

Quattro versions and I believe the 2.0 like the 3.0 has the 8AT.

I'm also looking at a 2012 CPO A-6 Quattro 3.0 which I would buy.
  • nickm1979nickm1979 Posts: 10
    Does this sound like a good deal? Can I do better?
    Hi Almatti! In March I took out both the 2.0 and 3.0 for a good hard test drive. It was morning, cold, and the cars were not especially warmed up, however, when I drove the 2.0 it began to shake about 80mph. I do a bit of highway driving so that was not acceptable to me. I immediately turned around, took out the 3.0 and zero shakes up to 95 mph. I'm coming from a Lincoln 6 cyl w/ecoboost.
  • almattialmatti Posts: 164
    hilltop: You didn't like the Lincoln w/ 2.0 Eco boost? I test dove a 2013 MKZ w/ 3.7 V-6, AWD, - nice car but Pricey IMO - although I did not Beat up the salesperson yet. The Pushbutton Tranny takes getting used to, and does appear awkward. If they had the same shift lever as in the Ford Fusion - I may have pulled the trigger.
    The A-6 3.0T IMO, is the best of the mid-sized Luxury sedans. Big numbers though. On a lease with 15K miles which I need, I'm seeing over $725.00 per month with no $$$$$ down (I don't beleive in putting Cap Cost $$$$ into a lease just to lower the payment).
  • bp0430bp0430 Posts: 1
    When will these be available to purchase? Also, any major changes from 2013
  • Mine is from New Orleans. Only other dealer is in Baton Rouge who won't even give the same deal.
  • Hi, I am also looking at an Audi 2010 CPO. Wondering if you purchased this car and were you able to negotiate?

Thanks. BRN
  • devteamdevteam Posts: 18

A6 TDI Premium plus 648 a month nothing down all costs included for 12,000 a year is that a good deal?