Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• An update....found a similar car in Chicago w/o sport package for $51,525 which appears to be at invoice. Pretty good deal in my opinion.
  • What about lease numbers....The car I am looking at is prestige w/cold weather...msrp $55,425. Looking for only 2k down any thoughts?
  • I do not know the lease figures. A car at invoice without marketing support is a pretty good deal.
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203
    Test drove A6 3.0T yesterday. Slightly disappointed with the comfort but this a performance car. Not many available which could be due to new model for 2012. They still want alot for this car eventhough it depreciates significantly and customer cash is present. My dealer started at MSRP and worked his way down. Price was in the high 49K range which I believe is too much. Any comments are appreciated.
  • here is what I have in play on 2011 A6 prestige sport with cold weather, mats, & side assist: $51,050 pre tax

That is a good deal on a $56,425 MSRP in my opinion. Plus, Audi will cover first month payment with a financing rate of 1.9% for 36 months. About $1,500 below "invoice".

I also do not see much of a difference with 2012 model (actually do not like headlights).

535xi is at least $6k more that this. I realize that BMWs have scheduled maintenance; however, that is worth no more than $2k.
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203
    Looks like a great deal. The A6 3.0T I looked at was premium plus package which should have a MSRP of 52,475. Dealer took off about $2700 that also include the cash back. I anticipated a cap cost including audi care of 48,200. I was not able to see the numbers. I suspect they added extra fees to make a significant profit. May be able to deal this month, but limited number of cars of the dealers lots.
  • Here is a link to the 2012 A6 that a friend in Germany sent to me. I really like the interior...kinda bmw feel. I still do not like exterior.

http://www.n-tv.de/mediathek/bilderserien/auto/Business-mit-Schick-article203176- 6.html

Link to new Audi A6 photos
  • Looking for a 2010 or 2011 Audi A6 3.0T in Louisville Area. Anyone have anyone they work with. Wanting to spend around 44-50k.
  • Considering buying 2007 Audi A6 3.2 4D with 60K miles for $24K. I know I'll need the extended warranty so I'll prob add $2k to the price. The Car is loaded
    * Premium Package
    * Convenience Package
    * Navigation System
    * Sunroof(s)
    * Leather Seats
    * Front Seat Heaters

Just worried about the high miles. Is this a decent buy?
  • I'm looking at a CPO 2010 Audi A6 4dr Sdn FrontTrak 3.2L Premium Plus, 10,000 miles. The dealer asked for $39,700. Is it a fair price? Thanks.
  • Not a lot of info on pricing for purchasing a 2012. I am looking at a 2012 dakota/blk prestige with 20" sport package, innovation, and cold weather with MSRP at $66,680. What discounts are people seeing from dealers off MSRP?
  • rhmassrhmass Posts: 263
    After reading C&D and CR on the new A6 and had received a card with incentive to test drive the new 2012 A6, I decided to give it a try. I was impressed with the car and the handling and its supercharged engine. The only blemish I could detect is the light steering feel, although you do feel the road, but it simply was a bit too light for me. Being a BMW person, I was very surprised with this car. The sales manager readily mentioned the $2,000 incentive after inquiring the car I am driving and my intention to buy, not to lease. He would give $1,000 for leasing. Then the salesman mentioned to me on the side that they would give good price for end of year buyers. From my yesterday's experience, I would say you could get at least $3,000 off the MSRP.
  • Re-categorizing for hopefully better focussed replies. Please see some "strategy" questions at end.
    '03 Audi A6 2.7T QT SDN 39,000mi of elderly parnts. Single Audi/Lexus dealer w/n ~170mi. $45K pd new. Want dlr take back moneypit, then get CR-reliable car. Suggestions re audi strategy?
    ~$5000 Lifetime repairs pd to-date [incl replacing I/O tie rod assembly, ignition coils, torsen differential seal, door lock switches, O sensor, coolant & exhaust temp sensors, aux water pump, eng shield hardware, chain tensioner seals, rr cam plugs, fr axle differential seal, valve cover gasket, emerg flasher switch, battery (2nd x) and brake light switch].
    ~$6300 + tx in ADDITIONAL repairs "recommended" Dec '11 but now deferred [including replacing fr brake pads/rotors (2nd x)), pan gasket and engine rr main seal, lt fr drive axle & CV boot (2nd boot), rt ft axle shaft seal, shifter assembly for reverse light, and rr rotors].
    ~$3000 + tx in MORE ADDITIONAL repair (dealer's analysis but not currently "recommended") : replace valve seal guides (after 2 induction services for exhaust smoke on startup). Therefore, ~$10,000 imminent/future repairs!!!
    Thank you for any feedback esp re strategy/tactic questions, such as e.g. :
    1) what top dollar could be demanded back from dealer if assume car were in excellent condition so p's weren't punished for car's lemony history?
    2) do you agree the repair history/imminent future is outrageous given mileage (used in se-sw US)?
    (3) Using the purchase price paid & repairs paid/to be paid over 9 years, the car's monthly "lease" rate would've been ~$460/mo. Do you know how that would compare with a real lease rate (eg for 5 years, no loan, most favorable terms for lessee)?
    (4) Would it be better to use for trade-in for new Lexus from this dealer which, with clean slate & no exhaust smoke, could be further traded for a CR-reliable/safe, etc car like Honda? Thanx for help.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Posts: 69
    You should be thanking your lucky stars that you have a 10 year old auto with $170K miles and 'ONLY" spent $5K for repairs/maintenance.

You can spend $5K on just 10K, 15K and 25K scheduled maintenance and forget about the cost on maintenance once you get over 40-50K.

If you think that it's a "moneypit", then use it for a trade and take your $1K (maybe) and get another car.

Just MHO.
  • 4moneypit4moneypit Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Just to clarify -- the car has only 39,000 mi on it now (there is only one dealer w/in ~170,000 mi radius). The nature of the repairs already paid for (~$5000), together with the nature of the impending repairs (~$10,000) is the nub of the question. But thank you.

BTW, comparing Audi repair mileage to our '93 Honda Accord Ex manual, on several repairs, so much for Audi's high performance:

New battery Audi @ 16K & 39K but Honda @ 46K and 94K.
    New rear brake pads Audi @ 18K & 37K but Honda @ 76K
    New front brake pads Audi @ 20K & 39K but Honda @ 88K
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Posts: 69
    170 miles would force me to find a dealer that repairs Audi's. There has to one close unless you live in the woods or desert......:-)

But, even with 39K, $5K on expense's is cheap for an A6, especially 10 years old. There is something called yearly maintenance that should be done no matter the mileage.

But it's your car.....I do not put Audi's and Honda's in the same class but that is just me.
  • ebodebod Posts: 2
    I'm wondering what the Money Factor and the Residual are for: (i) 36mo lease at 12k miles/year; and (ii) 42mo lease at 12k miles/year. My credit would be top tier.

I'd lease by the end of this month 2/13, if they can find the build out that I want.

Thanks in advance.
  • medmdmdmedmdmd Posts: 41
    I think you have the wrong thread.
    This question probably belongs in leasing an A6 even though the first requirement to getting a good lease is agreeing to the best purchase price for the car.

I am surprised that there is not too much feedback in this thread on recent prices paid on A6s.
  • njcar2njcar2 Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase the A6 Prem Plus model. The MSRP is $57,020 and two dealers have quoted me $52,500 including the $1,500 conquest money. That discount is 7.9%. What are you finding?
  • mnmwyomnmwyo Posts: 1
    I am buying a 2010 A6 Premium Package plus cold weather package. It has just under 24k miles. The dealer is asking $34,995. This is close to what Edmunds calculates for a CPO at $34,591.

I know there must be a few thousand dollars in profit for the dealer built into the price.

How much room should there be for negotiation?