Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jim42jim42 Posts: 1
    What do you think about A6 3.2 with:
    Premium
    Convenience
    NAV
    18" all season
    XM
    Parktronic
    Voice

List $50.3K
    asking $48.5
  • halofanhalofan Posts: 37
    I think that is a very fair price. I assume the 48.5K is your offer? Is that about 1250 - 1300 over invoice? In So. Cal I think this amount can be had just about anywhere in the area. It may dependant upon where you live and the dealers in the area. I'd offer it and keep your head high because I think it's very fair. I think the A6 has not been as big a seller as Audi had initially anticipated with the remodel and most dealers in my area have a pretty decent inventory.

Good luck and let me know what happens!
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    Comparing 3 month sales figures for the A6 from Autosite:

Jan Thru March 2004: 2405 Cars
    Jan Thru March 2005: 4149 Cars

I would say that Audi is pretty happy with those numbers so far.
  • halofanhalofan Posts: 37
    Good to see, I certainly didn't have any data to support the statement I made other than the fact the dealers in this area seemed quick to move off MSRP, which to me is a sign that sales are slower than anticipated. Infiniti isn't budging (yet) off MSRP on the M, at least they weren't a month ago before I bought my A6.
  • florida1florida1 Posts: 42
    It is a "sign" you're right

You make a valid point about A6 sales - No doubt. Audi had higher sales forecasts for their heavily anticipated 2005 A6---sure 4149 trumps 2405---Any gap less than this would be worrisome to Audi----A 2004 model in the very last months of its life span should sell far less than a new interation in it's first few heavily marketed months of sales----The US dealerships are starting to accumulate inventory and leases are way down --- Trust Audi will be promoting much better A6 leases soon!
  • liferulesliferules Posts: 531
    Based on the last 3 months of AOA numbers, Audi is on track to sell appx. 16-17K vehicles for the year. It may well do better given that the numbers are getting better each month.

Overall, they appear to be doing fairly well, and they don't currently have to worry as much as BMW about losing money with the underpriced leases coming back in 36 months biting the manufacturer's profits. I agree that their lease rates are absolutely not as attractive as BMW, or even Infinit for that matter, but overall the sales aren't doing too bad, and AOA may be in a better position down the road...
    I guess the whole point is that you only "must" do certain things if your product isn't selling. The lease rates may come down a bit on the A6, but I doubt it will be much if people keep buying A6's at a fairly brisk pace like they are for the 1st quarter of the year. Right now Audi has $1500 lease cash for current Audi owners, and 2.9% for 60 months available for all customers on the 05 A6.
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Posts: 228
    I am currently driving a 2002 3.0 CVT A6. I love the car and have had no problems but my lease is up end of June. I was negotiating a deal on a new A6. Can anyone tell me if this sounds good.

Car has: Sirius Radio Installed
    Wireless Key Entry/Pushbutton Start
    Luxury Pkg
    Voice Command (which I don' t care for without NAV)
    Convenience Pkg
    Premium Package

For a 36 month lease, with 15K miles annually with only giving them $1900 total at start including first month, tax, tag etc..., my payment was $621 + tax a month.
    Does this sound like a good deal?
    Salesman told me the car listed for $48,020 and he was leasing it to me at $45,236

Let me know...by the way, I was looking in other markets for deals on Audi's. In the Atlanta market, you can lease an A8 L model for 36 months for only $999/month plus tax...That's it...No money down at start except $999...Total due at start is $999. What a car!!!!!
  • pe72pepe72pe Posts: 7
    I have the opportunity to purchase a 2002 A6 4.2 fully loaded that just came off lease. It is certified and is beautiful. Cost is $31,900 and only has 27,000 miles. I know the previous owner and I basically paid for certification and of course the dealer had to make a few bucks. Any thoughts on the car, pricing, etc.? The price looks great relative to blue book and I don;t think i can pick up a comparable car for the same money. I've never oened an Audi before so any comments are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • revrasrevras Posts: 59
    I recently test drove both the Audi and Mercedes and to my suprise for a comparable equipped car, the lease price on the Mercedes was much less. I handn't seriously considered the E class as an option but with a new more powerful engine and a favorable lease deal I am giving it serious thought.I loved the A6 as well but found lease prices to be too high. I also thought the E class had a more comfortable ride, precise but smooth..
  • florida1florida1 Posts: 42
    I'm buying a GS 430 because the Audi leases are a joke--Their lease rates are so out of touch from ALL the others it's hard to believe---It's a sign that the re-sale of the Audi's pales in comparison to the others---I've owned two Audi's in the past and liked them both---but way off-base with the new A6's ; this is why they are hardly leaseing them at all----Audi gave away leases in years past and dug themselves in a hole----prospective new buyers are paying the price for it now---

I'll lease the very hot and rare GS430 v8 for less than Audi will lease me a A6 (v6)---
    As for lease rates on the new E class vs the A6, Mercedes is advertising a $599 a month deal with 4 grand down on their new E class.

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/E350W.jsp

But if you look at the fine print, that's a base 52-53k or so car. Buy the time you add some options and get xenons. a 6 CD changer with upgraded stereo, heated seats, and a few other options, add another 5-6 grand to the price and more $$$ to that lease payment. Not bad, but you'll be pushing $700 a month with $4,000 cash out of pocket. Can't say that's any bettter that a similar equipped AUDI. And your driving a 2WD vehicle vs a Quattro.

And just remeber that Mercedes IS NOT paying for free maintenace any more. How much will it cost to keep your BENZ running for 50k miles?
  • marialmarial Posts: 1
    In 2001, my husband and I ballooned a year-old A6 2.7T (we originally wanted to buy it but the salesman convinced us to lease it instead). It had about 27,000 Miles on it and we got it for 34,5. It had a 17K risidual at the end of 4 years and a $530 monthly payment, 15,000 miles per year. A couple days after we signed that agreement, they called us back and told us they gave us the wrong risidual, it was supposed to be 16k, so this made our payment about $16 more a month. Fast forward to four years (I still have the originally signed lease and that's what I've been looking at for the end of lease documentation) but I asked for a copy of the newer lease, and noticed (in the teeny print) they slid us into 12k miles per year instead of the 15k on the first lease.

I'm not at all happy about this situation and I'm amazed that a reputable Audi dealership would do something like that - especially when there's absolutely no way we'll ever return to that dealership after that (this was our first car buying experience since we were just out of college).

Anyways, just a head's up for anyone who's leasing- never go back to resign the lease and if you ever do - double-check absolutely everything. Not only would we have paid less to lease a brand new A6, but wouldn't have had to pay for all the out of warranty fixes.
  • revrasrevras Posts: 59
    The E class is available w all wheel drive as well. Not saying it is a better car for you, but it's certainly worth checking out since on the A6 they are not discounting leases and on the Mercedes they are offering incentives currently.
    I posted message #201 above. I am considering leasing another Audi A6. This time the 3.2 All Wheel Drive. I am also considering an Infinity M35 Sport w/ Journey package (rear-view camera, homelink, Bose Stereo, etc...). I can lease one w/ 15K miles annually and 39 month lease with total due at start including all taxes, fees and 1st months payment of $1400 and then $598/month plus tax. The Audi will cost me much more than this. Also, dealer called me yesterday and let me know they extended owner loyalty ($1500) until May 15th. Anybody out there know if this is a real thing or will they have this money available to me next month too? What are you seeing out there for lease prices on 36 or 39 month A6 leases?
  • samusamu Posts: 8
    I am looking for an audi a6 3.2 but dont really know what other people are offering or being quoted. There fore i was just wondering what kind of deals you guys got on this car for purchase, thanks.
  • kgarykgary Posts: 180
    I got a 4.2 for $50 under dealer cost. I was lucky enough to order it before the price increase and the car arrived after the price increase. Otherwise, I would have paid about $900 over dealer cost.
    That's amazing! I haven't heard of anyone getting anything more than $1-2K off MSRP! And that was for 3.2's. The 4.2's are more difficult to obtain as they share the engine, etc... Truly incredible!
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Posts: 139
    They did extend owner loyalty to the 16th actually, and the lease program is pretty good for 36 months. Will it be more expensive than the Infiniti? Yes. Is the M35 the World Car of the Year? No. Slam the door on both cars parked next to each other and then tell me which is built better.
    Am I to assume that after the 16th of May, the deals will be worse than if I act before. I am probably going to go with the Audi...it's more a world class car t that's proven itself whereas the Infiniti is probably a reliable car, not in the same league. Also, I was thinking of getting the Amaretto Interior w/ the Black exterior. I haven't seen an Amaretto interior other than the sample in the book. Is it good looking or is it too orange?
  • gregaudia6gregaudia6 Posts: 7
    I have the Amaretto with Oyster Grey - very rich interior, not too orange - remember you sit in the car - looking thru the windows (tinted) at first appeared oranger but not when you sit in the car - the best color combo (imho) of all the available interiors for the 2005 A6 - I absolutely love this car - voice recognition is great, keyless a must - NAV - bluetooth with Cellular ONE. motorola v551 (no problems in chiagoland)
    I spoke to a dealer today. I have one months payment left on my 02' A6 3.0
    My payment is $499 + tax. I am over by about 2500 miles now with a month and a half to go on lease @ .20c/mile (roughly $500 dollars right not). The dealer offered to buy my car which means the overage mile charge goes away, my last payment of $499 goes away and I can get into a new A6 3.2 w/ the following options:

Black Car w/ Amaretto Interior
    Premium Pkg
    Luxury Pkg
    Convenience Group
    18" wheels (not sport pkg but only wheels)
    Cold Weather Pkg (which I don't care about in Florida)
    Keyless Start (I think it's called Smart Key)

Basically, the car lists for $50,900

He told me come up with $1500 including everything at start (1rst payment, tax, etc). It is a 36 month lease so 35 remaining payments of $640 + tax. This includes 15K miles a year. But he told me it's a purchase option deal. It's not a lease...I've never heard of this type of deal before but he told me there would be not dispositon at lease end; also, because I'm actually trading my car in, there would be a huge discount on tax for new vehicle. I could buy the new car after the 36 months are up for like $27K or walk away and lease/purchase is over. Has anybody out there heard of this kind of deal before. I always get scared with anything that smells of a "balloon" payment at the end. Also, I am saving the money up front because of the over miles and last payment. He is basically ending my lease a month early. He told me he's giving me about $4000 dollars off the new car ( I think that includes my $1500 loyalty reduction for being a current Audi lessor). If you have an y information on this type of deal or if this sounds like a good deal let me know ASAP as loyalty runs out in a few days and I might have to act on this sooner than later. Thanks in advance,

DBW

Also, if this car lists for about $51,000, would I be able to do the same kind of a deal on an A6 4.2 with little equipment because w/ very little extra equipment, the 4.2 lists for around $51,000...The only thing I really care about is Xenon Headlamps which come standard on 4.2 and the keyless start system. Shouldn't the same price work and is it worth it to get a 4.2 for the same money as a more loaded up 3.2?
    I think I got a great deal:

2005 A6 3.2 Quattro
    Premium Package
    Convenience Package
    DVD Navigation System
    Advanced Key
    Voice Command
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Premium Leather (Amaretto)
    Brilliant Black Exterior
    18" Wheels

List price on car was $51,770

Leased it for:
    Total due at start including 1st month, tax,tag complete out of pocket of $1,500
    36 month lease w/ an allowance of 15K miles annually
    35 remaining payments of $625 + tax

Picking the car up tomorrow...YEAH
    Bondguy,

I missed it, what was your OTD price? You mentioned MSRP, but didn't tell the total you negotiated...

Congrats on the car, I'm sure you're going to love it.
    The price I leased the car at was $48,001. Almost a four thousand dollar savings off of list. I wasn' t sure about getting Brilliant Black outside or the really dark blue color (both with Amaretto inside) but I went with the Black. This deal I got was better than three other dealers quoted me on a much less equipped car. Cars without Satellite Radio, Navigation and no voice command and standard 17" wheels were quoted to me with same money due at start of $650+tax.
    Sounds like a really good deal. Congrats! The black looks really nice, especially in the sun.
  • jeqqjeqq Posts: 216
    Sounds good to me. I was one of the earlier buyers/leasers and I had a pretty good deal. Yours is even a little sweeter. I had 2 months rebated on my previous Audi lease, which helped sweeten the pot.

It looks likes Audi Financial moved around the resids and money factor. Do you know what they are?
  • Audi is apparently now offering much better terms - but doing it quietly. I haven't seen any ads for special lease rates, but I am seeing new A6s everywhere around here (NJ-NYC). I saw 3 this morning, all with the dealer temporary plates, within 1/2 mile.
    Your deal sounds excellent - that included the $1,500 owner loyalty?
    Yes. That did include the loyalty. I had a deal for a car with similar equipment from a closer dealer to my house where I leased my current 02 A6 from but it had the full sports package, no voice command, no navigation and no sirius satellite radio. He wanted w/ $1,500 at start 619/month. I have one $499 payment left on my current car but I am over miles by 2500 @ 20cents/mile. I told him to eat the mileage charge and I would cover the last payment. He said he was already at a zero deal (I feel sooooo sorry that car dealers aren't making any money.heh,heh,heh). I told him I would look to do business elsewhere. He told me nobody's going to do that deal. Well, apparently, he was wrong. They offered me w/ $1,500 at start $604/month or with $1,000 at start, $619. I figured this $500 would cover my miles. Then he told me about the car I am getting for only $20 more a month on lease with a retail list price of $2,200 more car. Sounded good to me. And, all this was done on the telephone...never been to that dealership before. I thing with Infinity and Lexus and some other newer models coming out, Audi will have to get more competitive. Can't wait to drive this new bad boy...wish it were the 4.2 but maybe next lease!!!
    This car is great. I only took it on a short test drive and never really opened it up. I picked mine up yesterday. First of all, the Amaretto interior is really rich looking. Paired w/ the black exterior it's a great combination. Even the sound of the exhaust when you step on the gas is different than my 02' Audi 3.0. Maybe it's the dual exaust. I never drove the 4.2 but it must be an incredible drive. I also never had quattro on my last car and this one corners like it's on rails. What a car!!!