Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Service and a Surprise - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Acura
imageService and a Surprise - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

At just over 6,000 miles our 2015 Acura TLX was due for its first A1 service. There was also a surprise recall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    "I haven't seen this one before,"

That means they aren't selling many V6 9-speed models. Recall should only apply to the 9-speed version.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Oh, okay. $80. In California, you probably find $100 bills laying on the road and tip your doorman that everyday for opening your door, but for the rest of us, that's not an inconsequential amount, especially for just a basic oil change. Was that for full synthetic, I hope? $45 for a tire rotation I guess? Seems excessive either way.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    That is big money for an oil change and rotation. Sounds like that service advisor had a nice day.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    From a dealer, $80 for oil/filter change and tire rotation seems reasonable to me. Have you forgotten what the German dealers charge?
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Seems like a good price for a full synthetic oil change on a "premium brand" to me.
  • Options
    moparfoolmoparfool Member Posts: 8
    Those nine speeds, if that's what it is, have software issues in most model cars. I change oil and filter myself in my 2014 Toyota RAV4 for about $35 or less, which includes five quarts of 0-20W synthetic. So maybe $80 from a dealer with tire rotation isn't so bad.
  • Options
    mrvtecskimrvtecski Member Posts: 46
    I get my (dino) oil changed, car washed, and vacuumed at my Acura dealer for $27 out the door. Oh and they have free fivebucks and wi-fi in their lounge.