Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Malibu Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• After months of research and waiting I just purchased a 2009 Malibu LTZ w/ V6 fully loaded. Previous rental car with 5.6k miles for only $21k. Best car I have ever owned....so far. Love driving it. Red Jewel w/ cocoa/cashmere interior, sun roof, heated seats, etc.
  • Is the $21K OTD or plus TTL? That is a really good deal! I have got some quote for a new 2009 Chevy Malibu 4 cylinder LT1 with 6 speed automatic for around $22K OTD. You did very well. 5.6K miles is still new. Congrats on a getting a great car.
  • 09 LT2 sunroof 24 OTD with 0% over five years. Was checking out the Saturn Aura as well and Chevy was able to beat them for almost same car. I think the Malibu has better lines than the Aura but just my opinion, also like the sueded leather on the malibu just like the saturn red line leather. Little differences as well as the leather around the shifter and a little more chrome tipped the scale for the Malibu. Other thing I considered was resale value, not because I would sell this car but just in case for insurance purposes the Chevy will stand up better if Saturn goes under first. Only bad thing about this car is I don't like the chevy emblem otherwise one of the best drives out there, smooth as silk, great on gas for size, luxurious silent interior, and one of the biggest trunks you will ever see. I will purchase the trunk liner cargo net, can be purchased for cheaper than $185 on sticker.
  • Well looks like we go buy in the am here's my deal
    09 malibu ltz v6 silver with ebony and brick interior sunroof and power
    pkg
    22850 plus tax title and minus a few hundred i have on my GM card rewards.
    seems to be as low as i can get in this area tried 5 dealers and costco/sams club prices
    so end up at 23465 otd or so, will update tomorrow if it all works out
  • Well looks like we go buy in the am here's my deal
    09 malibu ltz v6 silver with ebony and brick interior sunroof and power
    pkg
    22850 plus tax title and minus a few hundred i have on my GM card rewards.
    seems to be as low as i can get in this area tried 5 dealers and costco/sams club prices
    so end up at 23465 otd or so, will update tomorrow if it all works out

picked it up today 23448 otd (included 300 gm card cash) very nice car included 2yr xm 2ys maint and 2 yrs onstar
  • rik4rik4 Posts: 90
    seems like you did well surf.
  • I think so really was going for a camry xle but we were at a 4500$ diff and the colors on the xle were awful light grey or light camel carpet prob would be clean for 10 maybe 15 mins lol what was strange around here was the 1500 $ diff on the same car from 5 dealers
  • That is a great price on a 09 LTZ v6. Congrats on purchasing a great car.
  • fpinhofpinho Posts: 43
    Hi surfgermany,

Could you send me the numbers from your sales receipt as I am in the market for the same car. If need be I would drive to Vriginia to pick it up if they give me the same price. I just want to see what the Sales receipt looks like. Did you price the 4 cylinder version as well and if so what price were you able to negotiate for the 4 cyl. I drove the 4 and 6 and there is a huge difference ... the 6 sounds so much better ... Please send the info for the sales receipt if you dont mind to frankp118@yahoo.com

Thanks, Frank
  • Hi there. I am new to this forum but I have been reading a lot of it lately. I am currently looking at a 2008 Chevy Malibu. It is one of the last one left in the area. It is a white LT 1LT with mats, boding molding, and convience package. They are giving me the $2750 rebate right now. Do you think that if I can get this car at Invoice ($21816) that I should take it? The MSRP is $22,658. Should I try to get a lower price? What is everybody's thought? If I don't go with this then I will be paying $1,500 more to get an 2009 model.
    you should get around 5K to 6K off closer to 6K to be a good deal. you can buy a new 2009 ls for 16.8K check out www.fitzmall.com and blaiselexander.com they list their prices they ware willing to sell for right on the net. if they can do so can others. remember an 08 is one year old already whether it is unsold or not. look at the used value of an 08 her are edmunds or elswhere. type in 12 miles for the mileage you will still notice a significant hit. so you take a big hit and you did not even get to drive one time during 08. what do you think that same dealer would give you for an 09 if you bring it back two weeks later to trade in ... then it will be a diffferent story. fitzmall. has an 08 ltx with 320 miles for 22.8.
  • Sorry didnt look at a 4cyl ltz did drive a lt2 with the 4 and have to say i was impressed how far the 4's have come in the 10 yrs since i had a 4 cyl

26220 credit union price(go to gm web and look for it)
    plus 389 process
    plus 798 tax
    plus 107 title/lic fee
    = 27515
    -4065 rebates/credits (1250 1500 500 and 500) 315 gm credits

the second 500 was auto show and that only runs till the 2nd of march the others were available everywhere in the mid atl region

gives otd of 23448 (rounded numbers)
  • Hi New guy here I just got my leftover L T Z 08 OTD $23000
    down here in fl. I hope i got a good price I have been shopping for a good two month. :shades:
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    Am looking at an LT2--

1) Does blue tooth work pretty well with a verizon phone?
    2) The radio isn't the upgraded 6 disc. How is the sound from the standard radio?

Any one suggest a decent price for, say, an LT2 with an MSRP of $26,500 or so with options/destination included?

I'd go for the LTZ but find the shiny wheels repulsive.
  • ebz06ebz06 Posts: 1
    In January, after negotiating with 4 dealers for a V6 LTZ (MSRP $30,249)with varying degrees of success, I finally settled on a deal for $21,722. That included a dealer discount plus GM Cashback ($1250), Loyalty ($1000), Lessee ($2000) and a GM Card top-off ($2000). As the wife would say: "I couldn't leave it there". Further, the dealer in Port Jervis, NY gave me $1000 more than any other for my trade-in. The entire process was absolutely PAINLESS (as it should be-but never is).

We left completely satisfied with the deal and even more so with the car itself. GM-loyal all my life, I have to say this is one terrific automobile. :)
  • gussguss Posts: 1,181
    Any one suggest a decent price for, say, an LT2 with an MSRP of $26,500 or so with options/destination included?

My first offer would be $21,500, but would settle at $22,500. Good luck.
    would that include a $2000 rebate I am eligible for due to ending a lease? I understand there is a 3250 rebate plus the 2000 lease ending rebate, if I don't take the 0% financing.
    if you have the lease return then shoot for 19500. do you have gm mastercard pts too.
  • fuzzyb18fuzzyb18 Posts: 2
    Just received a dealer quote on a 2009 Malibu LT2 with sunroof and mat package for $21,307 + TTL. Price includes $2750 in rebates. How far down do you think I could push this price?
  • fpinhofpinho Posts: 43
    what part of the country do you live in (State)?
  • fuzzyb18fuzzyb18 Posts: 2
    I live in Wisconsin.
    fuzzy that might be all she wrote. gm has not produced many cars in two months inventory on the good sellers is very low.
  • icedog97icedog97 Posts: 141
    I am looking at a base LS...MSRP of $21,715

Dealer offered me $16,711 + ttl

I am thinking this is a pretty good deal...there probably isn't much more room to move $ wise in the base model. Any thoughts?
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Posts: 283
    The lowest I have seen for a LS is $16,999, so you are getting a really good deal for a base LS. I say go for it.
  • famusfamus Posts: 9
    Which state are you in? The price I got this month was $1.5K higher then Jan.
    I am in PA.

I have a good relationship with my dealer (3rd car there) and they came thru for me in a big way (I think).

They had 5 LS/LTs that they were willing to deal on.

I ended up with a 1LT (4cyl), black granite with ebony interior plus the power package that gives you 6 way power driver seat and remote starter...

Sticker: $23,175
    After rebates: $16,438 ($265 was from my GM card)
    OTD: ~ $17,477

Plus, they matched the rate my credit union would give me for financing...5.5%

I am very happy with this deal!

The Malibu has a nice smooth and quite ride and if it holds up well, it will make a great first car for my daughter in 6 years or so.
    did you pay state tax prior to rebate, or after rebate is deducted? in ohio, you pay tax on the sale price of the car, and then the rebate is deducted. i'd buy a 4 cylinder LTZ tomorrow, but even with $5250 in total rebates, I'm still being quoted in the mid $23000 after taxes.
    Taxes are calculated on the $16,438.

I'm not sure I understand how they can have a state tax on an amount you did not pay??!!

I always thought you pay the tax on what the car actually cost you.

Could it be that they pocket the difference?
    In Ohio if the sale price on the malibu is, say $25,000 and the total rebate is $4750, I pay tax on the 25,000 (6.5% in my county) , so the price of the car is $26,625, and then I deduct the rebate to get to 21875 OTD.

I'd like to deduct the rebate first and get the sale price of the car to $20250 to $21515. Not a huge difference, but still.
  • Hey all,

I've been looking for an 09 Malibu for my mother, but I'm a bit confused by the current rebates out there.

Dealers have been offering some pretty decent MFR rebates by themselves. I got one quote with a rebate amount of around $5,250 and there was recently a fatwallet.com story about a dealer up in new york offering 25% off of MSRP (which equates to around a discount of $6,000, so thats pretty equal.

Now, I went on the edmunds website, and saw several rebates. One was 1250 customer cash, one was 1500 customer cash (I think), one was 2000 lease savings (I guess if you were turning in a lease vehicle early), and one was 1000 marketing incentive to dealers.

But, when I priced the car out on edmunds, it showed the price as MSRP - "incentives" of 2750, which means it added the 1250 and 1500 one together and didn't show the other two.

for a discount of $5250, I don't see any combination of those 4 numbers that gives me 5,250 (sounds like a math problem from elementary school....). So, any idea what the real rebates are? BTW, we are not turning in a lease.

FWIW, we're looking for an imperial blue 2LT with tan interior.

Sorry, I tried to cut it short. Let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks!