Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Malibu Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1202122232426»

Comments

• mddj4mddj4 Posts: 5
    These are the dealer fee for the invoice prices below.

$22,589 Dealer fee $789.00

$21,988 Dealer fee $699.99

$22,688 Dealer fee $699.99

Should I be able to buy a Malibu Invoice less the rebates and dealer fees? How do you determine what's a fair deal?

Thank again for your insight.

Michael G
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,302
    Should I be able to buy a Malibu Invoice less the rebates and dealer fees? How do you determine what's a fair deal?

Should you? Perhaps .. you can approach the dealers and make them an offer of invoice minus the dealer fee and see how they respond.

Though I've never used Truecar, I've heard through others on this board that individuals can negotiate better deals.

Good luck!

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• My 2013 Malibu Eco purchase (Oct 15, 2013) was within $50 of the True Car pricing (over $7K discount from my $30,625 MSRP incls rebates). The dealer overcharged a bit for his fees, and attempted to load on a VIN etch, though we got that corrected.

Be careful with the Eco. There are still cars in dealer stock that are over 1 /12 years old. These do not have 10 airbags nor the MyLink radio. Also, the old MSRP price has dropped, since Chevy lowered the price on this car during the past year.