Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• try taylorsville IN, really helpful. bought my rav at anderson, IN today but taylorsville was willing to match, 24,800 for rav4 4wd, 4cyl sport, extra value pkg, backup camera, cargo net, cover, mudguards
  • hi guys,
    is there anyone can tell me the dealer invoice price for 2010 rav4 base v6 awd ?
    plan to buy it soon. should i just add 2% profit for dealer ?
  • jdogg9jdogg9 Posts: 1
    Southeastern PA. Purchase at 24,300 plus TTL with 3.9 finance.
    Sport AWD 4cyl. Extra Value Package, Mag Gray Met.
  • ncalerncaler Posts: 14
    In looking at toyota.com's Side-by-Side Comparison page, it states that Climate Control comes standard for Rav4 Base by Not Available for Limited. That can't be right, can it?

I can see the Rav4 has dual temperature control for driver and passenger. I assume nothing in the back. And are they really digital climate control or just temperature setting? Can any 2010 owner comment?

Thanks,
  • I've been offered a price on a 2010 base v4 (trim 4430) with QV, TC, CF and P4

Dealer says the MSRP is $22,355, the installed options are $1,754 for a total of $24,109. They are offering a discount of $1,481 for a total of $22,628, which they say is below invoice. Is it? (With $1,640 TTL, out-the-door price comes to $24,268.)

I've tried pricing this on Edmunds, but it doesn't seem to allow me to configure CF and P4 - wthout those it shows a dealer invoice of $21,083.

I'm in Gulf States (TX).

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
  • I prefer Truecar.com for TMVs, edmunds's always missing some options. Though truecar doesnt show you the Option Code so you need to know which accessories to select by name, and be sure not to duplicate accessories ... like choosing Extra Value Package and then also selecting Roof Rails and Daytime Running, etc. and be sure to select the correct Floormat package. 4Pc carpet are for 3rdRow Models.

Im assuming it's FWD based on 22500 MSRP
    What's P4 anyway?

If you want to know what's their Invoice Price, just ask them to show it to you. They SHOULD show if asked, otherwise they're trying to slip one by you. But keep in mind their invoice price might not neccesarily be the "true dealer cost".. From what I'v read, mftrs purposely give dealers "bogus" invoice prices to show buyers and then give them extra kickbacks/bonus/commissions for every car sold.

Whats great about Truecar is they also show you the Invoice vs TMV vs MSRP for accessories.. so u know what leverage you have with extras as well, or dealer will tell you they're giving you a great quote on the car and then stick you with FULL MSRP for xtr accsr to make the money back.

But just from the looks of it 22600 does NOT look like below invoice. it anything, it seems like it's still 1000$ ABOVE Invoice. I could be wrong, depending on your added options. give truecar a try. I also use edmunds for a comparison TMV estimate. Im no expert, I've only recently purchased a 2009 RAV4 as my first car, but i think Iv done a ..fair.. amount of reading.

btw, my 2009 RAV was 22700 Invoice. BUT mine is w/ 3rdRow (+940) and 4WD (+1500??) .. AND 2010s right now are cheaper than 2009 is/was post Clunkers... so there really seems to be something wrong with the invoice price your dealer is giving you. make sure if its FWD or 4WD.. it's a 1500$ difference!!
  • ncalerncaler Posts: 14
    Are you sure it is 4430? I thought that MSRP is $21,500 and Invoice is $20,103 (on Edmunds). You might have gotten the model number wrong or it is definite not below invoice.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    I used NADA and it shows an invoice price of $22,328 so they're close on the invoice price for the Gulf States region.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    P4 is what they call Vehicle Shield Protection Package something that many of the Toyota's sold in Texas have and from what I understand common in the Gulf States region. It includes : lusterizing sealant, sound shield & sealant cleaner, rental car assistance. Invoice is $99.00 and MSRP is $349.00.
  • gorgekiter....could you please confirm your numbers. Invoice on a 27.1k Rav should be around 25.4k. If you drop that another 500 for the rebate, you should have paid around 24.9k if you bought at invoice. If you only paid 24.4k, that would be 500 under invoice. That is a smoking deal and even better than Fitzmall. I live in Bend and am suprised any dealer in the NW is going that low. I hear that Rogers Toyota in Lewiston, Id., and Magic Toyota up in Edmonds, Wa., are competitive and good to work with but it is nice to hear Vancouver and Tonkin are dealing. I bought a Corolla from Vancouver Toyota 15 years ago and didn't find it a pleasant experience. Maybe they have changed owners.
  • tarmsnt......Check out message #3094 since you are in the same area. You may save a bundle.
  • browngoat....If the true MSRP in the window stickeris $24,109, the invoice should be about $1,700 less. If they are offering a $1481 discount, that is pretty good. If there is a $500 rebate in your area, like in many areas right now, you should get the vehicle for $1981 below MSRP.
  • Hey puneecar, I am not very familiar with truecar.com but I just did a comparison between truecar and edmunds. I priced out identically optioned Rav4 Ltd and got the same MSRP from true car and edmunds but true car showed the invoice to be $594 higher than edmunds showed. Do you know why that is? I just checked some Fitzmall prices too and they seem to line up with truecar's higher invoice price. Wonder what the difference is.
  • I just bought a 2010 Basic RAV4, FWD, 4 cyl, with extra value package and floor mats

I got an internet price quote by a Toyota dealer at NC research triangle area.
    $20,286, plus
    dealer fees $499,
    tags and inspection $147,
    tax (3%) $608
    Net out-the-door=$21,541. This is cash price, cannot be combined
    with the promotional financing by Toyota.

To qualify for "college graduate $1,000 rebate" I have to finance the car. So, we worked out the following deal that I accepted.
    Net OTD=$21,483, with 0% 36-month financing (financing amount=$21,483) and I signed over the $1,000 rebate to dealer as down pay. Alternatively, I think I probably can finance $22,483 and pocket the $1,000 rebate.
  • I just got Toyota 2010 RAV4 BASE 4x4 AWD with third row seating for
    $25,370 (OTD). Wanted to know if this is a good deal in NJ area or not?

Please suggest
  • Since you have already got the car, the fairness of the price is a moot issue unless you can renegotiate the price.

OTD price is meaningless to others unless you detail the other costs, like tax, title, dealer charged fees, etc. Since I have bought cars (last one, a 07' Lexus) in NJ before, I can make a rough estimate on the deal you got. After 7% tax and options, the deal you got is a decent one, although not a steal (but who has a steal?). In general, car prices in NJ are lower than those at most mid-Atlantic and New England states.
  • My dealer is telling me I can't get QY and TH. They say Toyota won't make heated leather seats in the QY along with a third-row seat. Can only get factory fabric seats with third-row option. I see your post was in Jan '09, so maybe things have changed. Are your first two rows leather?
  • Is Toyota offering the $500 rebate on the RAV4 in TX? Thanks!!
  • Not that I've heard only incentives I've seen are 0% for 36 months, 2.9 for 48 months, and 3.9 % for 60 months.
  • Hi all:

I am hoping to purchase Rav4 Limited V6 with QY package, Backview mirror, tow package... (FE BC PC QY TO)

The port installed options include - CF BM MF (carpet mats, body molding, mudgaurd)

Questions:
    1. What does "port installed" mean? Is this something the dealer installs?
    2. The price I am quoted is $29300, while MSRP comes to $31,442. Is this a good price?

3. What does "dealer holdback" price mean, its something like $500, is this something the dealer can potentially pass onto me?
    4. How much can the dealer afford to give below invoice price? I am guessing he gets the car below invoice or there are some incentives he gets...

Your answers would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    -nikki
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,169
    1) Port-installed.. Options installed by the distributor at port... They can add them to the Monroney sticker, usually.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• 1. The port installed options are installed at the port of entry before the car is shipped to the dealer. Those options should be included on the sticker price in the window. Different ports install different options. Seems odd but that is the way it is. I have heard that if you want a car without some port installed option, you can special order the car so that when the port receives the car from Japan, they will not install the option on the car they are directing to you. It might be difficult to find a dealer who will work with you on this but it is something that can get done.

2. Your price is $2100 off MSRP and a pretty good deal. Not many will get a better price.

3. Dealer holdback is money heldback by Toyota but eventually given the dealer when the car is sold. $500 is in the ballpark. A dealer can potentiallly pass it to you but I have never known a dealer who even wants to talk about it, much less pass it on.

4. There is no answer to this question because it varies from dealer to dealer. It is also affected by a lot of different factors that frequently change. One example is when a dealer meets its quota, there may be some incentive from the factory. If a dealer has a monthly quota of 20 vehicles and the factory tells him he will get an extra $100 for each of the vehicles he sells during the month if he meets his quota, he might cut you a very nice deal if it is the last day of the month and he just needs to sell one more car to meet his quota. He could even sell the car to you for a loss just so he can collect the $2000 incentive from the factory. If he is not close to his quota, he just might try to get as much from you as he can not really caring a lot whether or not he sells you a vehicle. If it is a large dealer with a 100 car quota, he may be looking at getting an extra $10,000 for meeting his quota so he has a good reason to make you a better deal just to get the sale.
  • Live in Central Jersey and just bought the above with QY, CF, MF, and WL. Car price is 26717 (msrp 28539) plus 1870 sales tax, 299 doc fees, and 409 license plate, registration, title, etc. I visited three dealerships over 4 weeks periods to seal the deal.
    I believe I got a good bargain and would like to thank those who had given the advice.
  • I just leased a Rav 4 limited 4cylinder with extra value pack including back up camera for $268 a month 36 months 12000 miles a year with $2500 down. MSRP is $28834. How did I do.
  • cyhocyho Posts: 2
    I used this board during my buying purchase so I would like to contribute

I bought a 2010 Rav4 Base FWD, 3rd row, EVP, floor mats, side molding for 21850 after rebate. After TTL it was 24105.16. Im in N. California. I took the 500 rebate

21833 was truecar.com's great price. So 21850 is pretty good

Good luck
  • Just inked the deal in the Atlanta GA metro area on a 4 cyl. RAV4 Sport gray metallic with value package, floor mats and tonneau for invoice $21,853 and out the door at $23,822.

My insurance company has a partnership setup with Zag.com so there was no negotiating. The internet manager contacted me within the hour verifying the price and ready to setup delivery. The experience was incredible and as painless as it gets.
  • So you paid $2000 above invoice?
  • godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    He said he got it AT INVOICE plus taxes, fees, etc. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.... :confuse:
  • Im jealous

i had a tough time with dealers over 3 wks and best i managed in Sept '09 was 26.6k OTD after NYTax for 2009 base 4x4 +ThirdRow. (Dealer Cost at the time was 22.7K w a quote of 23.9 w/ minimal fees)

If only i were able to wait 2mo.s for the new wave of 2010 models. sucks to have been in the post ClunkersRebate market for 2009 vehicles.

got my best deal from Lawrence Toyota after a horrible experience at East Coast Toyota, both in NJ
  • I paid $1900 under invoice. I should have worded that differently and also failed to mention this was on a 2010 model.