Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I got two calls and 3 emails from different dealers all stating that they are able to take another $1000 off in addition to the cutrrent $1000 customer cash rebate. This was good through 3/1/10. I'm in Ohio. So now there is $2000 total customer cash on RAV4's. Good time to purchase... BUT... Is there something better coming in March? Hmmmmm... decisions.. decisions...

Also one dealer said this applies to a lease as well. So maybe it is combinable with all finance specials.

Has anyone else heard about this new $1000?
  • May be a regional thing, here the only things available are the low APR, $1000.00 owner loyalty rebate, $1000.00 college cash rebate, and the $500.00 military bonus cash.
  • cyrusdcyrusd Posts: 25
    I heard that too, but couldn't verify it from Toyota. But this is true: some dealers may match the $1,000 Loyalty rebate from Toyota which means the total rebate could be up to $2,000. But it is from particular dealers (thus their deadlines vary also), not a Toyota's promotion.
  • I just got back from my local Toyota dealer here in Oregon. The sales guy I talked with had only been there a month so was not up to speed. They had 10 RAV4s in inventory and most had a $570 rebate listed on the window sticker. It didn't actually say rebate but I can't remember the exact words. There was one Limited model that had just come off the truck and it had a $2000 figure in place of the $570 figure on the others(some were Limited models too.) So maybe this is something new for March. If I can get them to give me the Fitzmall price, less $2000 in rebates, I think I will be driving a new RAV4 soon. Of course they will have to let me order it the way I want it with the right colors and options. Maybe too much to ask. Time will tell.
    I pulled the trigger this afternoon on a 2010 RAV4 4Cyl LTD FWD. The deal includes $1000 Loyalty and $1000 College Grad Rebates. Here are the details:

Sales price: $25,945
    Rebate: $2,000
    Final price: $23,945
    Sales tax (6.25% in TX): $1,497
    Doc fee and license: $324

OTD price: $25,766

This vehicle was installed these packages: BC (backup camera), QY (extra value package) and special color (i chose the Blizzard Pearl). This car is awesome! My wife totally loves it.

Thank you for all of your contributions in this thread. This forum, especially this thread, helped me a lot.
  • We are looking at buying a Toyota RAV4 4-Cyl FWD Limited in Sacaramento CA area w/backup camera (BC),and QY(Extra value). We would like to get factory rebates. Not a lot available w/backup camera in N. CA. Also, CA doesn't seem to be offering those great $1000 rebates that some bloggers are talking about. How about if I take a Southwest airlines flight (cheap) and fly to one of the other states, like Oregon or Texas?
  • evergreenevergreen Posts: 208
    Cherelle, I would wait until this coming week to see what Toyota has up their sleeve in terms of rebates. I think $500 rebates have been the norm all over the country, not counting any loyalty, college, or military rebates. I don't know what the rules are for them.
    Gads, you can't be too careful. I went back to the Toyota dealer to check out that window sticker that had the $2000 deduction from the MSRP at the bottom of the window sticker. One of the options was the QY Extra Value Package which was listed as having an MSRP of $3480. According to Edmunds, the MSRP is actually $1480. So then they deduct $2000 at the bottom of the window sticker and call it an Extra Value Package bonus or something which leads one to believe that they are saving $2000 of MSRP because of they are selling a particular option at a discount. Seems like this should be labeled false and misleading. Your average buyer would never think to check the actual MSRP of the options listed. I can't believe this is legal. Is this common at other dealers?
  • galevergalever Posts: 7
    I have been talking to a dealer on and off for the last 2 weeks. He can't seem to get that I won't be buying a car unless the price drops. All dealers are like that though I guess.
  • 4X4 v6

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 25110.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    17" 5-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels .......... 440.00
    Extra Value Package ........................840.00
    V6 Tow Prep Pkg - 3,500lbs ................. 160.00
    Bluetooth Handsfree ........................ 299.00
    Mudguard ................................... 99.00
    Carpet Floor Mats .......................... 109.00

Total MSRP...................................:$ 27857.00

Dealer offers $25619 plus tax

How much can I still haggle for a better price? thanks
    That looks like a very good price. Be sure to take advantage of the new incentive for March. You can finance it all with 0% interest. That is like getting a $2000 rebate.
  • jilebijilebi Posts: 2
    I have the following quote for a 2010 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD with Limited Extra Value Package, Tow Prep Package, Rearview Parking Display, 5-piece Carpet Floors and Cargo mats

MSRP - $31,099

OTD price(including all rebates) - $25,600+tax, title, documentation.

Is the above a good price? Also the title fees are $30 and documentation fees are $250. Is that reasonable?

Thanks.
    There are no rebates right now except for the college and military rebates. If you don't qualify for either of them, your OTD price is a couple of thousand below the dealers cost. There must be something wrong with the car or the dealer. No dealer will stay in business very long selling at such a large loss. The title and documentation fees vary from state to state but the numbers you mentioned sound reasonable.
  • yeah. they start giving this 0APR yesterday. I also need to add 500 dollars for the D&H fees. Still not sure if this is a good deal though. Maybe I should ask for a 500 off the OTD price?
  • jjjstcjjjstc Posts: 1
    dealer offered $21700 OTD for FWD base model with value package ($1000 graduate discount), 0% APR

the sale tax is 6% in my state.

Can I ask for a lower OTD price?
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Sounds like it's close to the true average price of $20,366 when factoring the graduate discount. You can try to shoot for less but with the interest rate at 0% you may not be able to.
  • jilebijilebi Posts: 2
    Hi evergreen,

The price of $25,600 includes 2 rebates - $1000 college grad rebate and $1000 Toyota rebate ( in lieu of 0% financing). Also this price is not limited to just one specific vehicle. The dealer is offering similar price for other vehicles on the lot, with different options at slightly different prices. So it can't be that something is wrong with *all* the vehicles!

I am guessing your recommendation is that this is too good of a deal to pass?
  • stripe1stripe1 Posts: 72
    Jilebi: Give me your dealer's name. The best price that I received in PA is $28,203, (MSRP $31,300) for the exact vehicle. The price includes extra charge for their pearl white. I'll travel that extra mileage to buy it.
    Yes, that is a very good deal. You might crunch some numbers to determine whether or not the $1000 rebate in lieu of 0% financing is better for you. If you finance $26k for five years at 0%, that is probably going to be more money in your pocket than the $1000 rebate.
  • jilebi, could you let us know the location of this dealer? this price seems very good.
    edited March 2010
    Rav4x4 limited 4 cylinder
    Extra val package 1480.00
    floor mats 199
    Mudguard 99
    Wheel Locks 81
    Destination fee 800

-814 savings
    so adjusted price is now 27900

The weird thing is he gave me a sheet with the retail base price and dealer price. The math does not add up.....especially since on the receipt he has TDA 429, Gas 10.3, dealer holdback 521 and whsl Financial Reserve at 260.

The Final total with Tax, tags, and document/tire fee comes to $29869.75.

It just seems high to me, but it's been awhile since I purchased a car.

Any help is appreciated.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    That price is way too high, you should be targeting somewhere between $26,181 and $26,847.
    galever....Assuming you are talking FWD and not 4WD, the sticker price is $27,324. The invoice should be $25,962. Both these numbers could be a hundred or so higher or lower depending on the area of the country. The regional ad fee varies from one region to another. I would first agree to some amount relative to the invoice price, e.g., $100 over invoice. If the dealer goes for that (25,962 + 100 = 26,062), then subtract any rebates. We have no rebates now in my area, only the 0% 5 year financing. Add in the tax, tags, fees and that should be your offer. Just be careful they don't rip you on the fees. Zero percent financing is the same as a huge rebate so take it if you can. If you can't take advantgage of the financing because of a credit problem, I would just wait a month or two until they start offering a rebate again. Last month there was a $500 rebate and it should only get bigger as the year progresses. Here is a website where you can check out these numbers.
    http://www.truecar.com/Toyota/RAV4/2010/best-price-report-0DA7C769.html?colorInf- o=Classic Silver Metallic,Ash,6088_001_1F7.jpg&optionInfo=6381543,-6381534,-6381542,6327962,63279- 30,6327932,-6381548,-6381530,-6381547,6498174,6544021,6544026,6327957&incentiveI- ds=0&trimId=316674&modelId=19457&zipcode=97701
    edited March 2010
    Sorry i should have said it's a 4WD.

I checked out that website thanks for the info!
    Ok, the MSRP would be $1390 more for the 4WD. Just go to that website I mentioned and build it yourself.
  • for the graduate discount, what proof should i bring to the dealer? my diploma?
    College Bonus Cash offer is available to customers who have graduated from an accredited 4-yr college, university, or registered nursing program (or will graduate within the next 6 months), graduated from an accredited 2-yr college, or currently enrolled/have graduated from graduate program. Graduation must be within the last 2 years. See your dealer for details.
    A diploma is enough. If you've not received your diploma yet, some dealers still accept the official congratulations letter from your college saying something like "the final audit was completed and your diploma is on the way."
  • Thanks! I will bring a copy of my diploma.
  • salzosalzo Posts: 9
    MSRP: 24,383
    OTD: 21,300 (includes 1000 dollar graduate rebate).
    February pricing - 2.9% :cry: