Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Well I'm no expert but Toyota has been working the issue hard and from everything I've read they seem to have addressed the problem pretty well. Some have complained about the shims installed and then didn't like the way the pedal felt so they requested the pedal be replaced and that seemed to correct the problem.
    Have you noticed anything unusual with the accelerator feeling? If so I'd have them check to see if a new pedal was installed or just the shims. Hopefully by now the problem has been fixed at the dealership already.
  • Haven't noticed anything odd in the accelerator. I do think the brake pedal is mushy and travels to far before engaging. I read on one of these forums that is a possible side effect of the changed accelerator pedal - don't know why one would affect the other. But I have a Denso pedal, which I thought was excluded from the recall/fix?
  • maq4463maq4463 Posts: 45
    Helped my sister last night in buying her new Rav4..ironically she went in to buy Camry..I asked her to looked into Rav4 also..she loved it...and decided to buy it instead of Camry...she had 2005 Honda Ody with 87K to trade...she bought from Koons Toyota in Fairfax...

Here's her deal...
    2010 Rav4 Base FWD Final price 21,000 + Dest+TTL
    Trade in 10,850
    She financed at 2.9 for 60 months from Toyota Financial

They tried to sell her usual GAP ins, Extended warranty, 4 year oil change blah, blah, blah...but I shot them down pretty quickly...overall good experience...sales person was very nice and courteous...took too long in the Finance dept...I guess it was late Sunday evening...

We insisted on getting the "J Vin" because the excellent quality was so evident (specially in interior trim) that it was a no brainer...was the last on on the lot with J vin...had small scratch that they will fix ...but we still got the "J"

The most appalling part was the quality of Camry..I was Shocked at the trim and fit and finish on Camry...test drove a fully loaded V6 SE.. the top of dash was all crocked over the clock....plastic trim(where the center column meets the center bin) miss-aligned and sharp edges...sticker MSRP over 31K..what a piece of crap....I rented a 2011 Hyundai Sonata last month and it was sooo much better than Camry..top class...
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    I've read in places where they mentioned a brake override system being installed in some of the higher end Toyota's but didn't see it mentioned for the RAV4's. I sometimes wonder just how closely the software issue was looked at and whether that played any part with the problems encountered.
  • lyndamdlyndamd Posts: 10
    I am in the Baltimore/DC market and looking to buy a RAV4 by this weekend. Got a high bid from a dealer in Baltimore (compared to what I'm reading on here, $2K higher) but sent out Internet quote requests and am awaiting some reponses. Looking for a 2010 base model fwd with value package. What model did you purchase? If you wouldn't mind passing on who you bought your car from or who ended up contacting you after you purchased your car, that would be great. Thanks.
  • Too bad you're not in S. Florida. I got a super deal from Delray Toyota. My salesman was helpful, courteous and sincere. Believe me, I spoke with different salesmen at various dealerships for over 4 weeks. This guy, although young and new to the sales game (or maybe because of it) was a class act, as were all of the people that I dealt with at Delray Toyota. I am not easy to please, am a cynic and will walk out the door and never look back if I'm displeased. This was a very easy & pleasant experience, although it took a long time on a Sat. evening. The sales manager was helpful but not in my face or pushy in the least. Not patronizing, not annoying, just darned good. So I bought the car, after hedging and hesitating at every other dealership that I visited.
  • ram12345ram12345 Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Experts,

Is this a good price to pay for Toyota RAV4 LTD 4X2 (Model No 4450C) with the Extra value package, That includes Daytime Running Lights, Power Moonroof with Sunshade, JBL AM/FM 6-Disc CD Changer / Integrated XM Satellite Radio. (Includes a 90 Day Trial Subscription. At End of 90 Day
    Period, Requires XM Radio Subscription) / MP3/WMA Playback Capability / Hands-Free Phone Capability Via Bluetooth and 9 Speakers (Includes subwoofer) in 7 Locations, Premium Package. (Includes Leather Seating Surfaces / 8-Way. Adjustable Power Driver''s Seat with Power Lumbar Support / Driver and Front Passenger Heated Seats / 120V AC Power Outlet)

Dealer is asking $25,026 plus ttl&f. This includes a $750 rebate which I have to give up for 0% for 36 months,1.9% for 48 months or 2.9% for 60 months.

I specifically did not want the GPS system,because, it would not come with bluetooth capability and no 6 CD changes as well as no sub woofer speakers, which is odd with Toyota.

Also, please suggest me if I should go with any other model if there is any issue with this particular one.
  • funguy123funguy123 Posts: 92
    I heard Toyota will redesign 2011 RAV4, is that true? I know it comes out in Aug/Sept time frame, in that case I might just wait for 2011. Hopefully Toyota will put 5 or 6 speed trans instead of just 4 they have now. I can't believe they still have only 4. All of the comparable cars have either 5 or 6, it's about time Toyotaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Other then that i like RAV4.
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    hopefully also they'll move the spare tire to hidden location like the cr-v, which is now a much nicer looking vehicle becuase of that, imho.
  • acehawkacehawk Posts: 20
    Looking for a v6 sport 4wd. What kind of pricing are you guys seeing lately?
  • It's not bad. I paid $26,300 for the same model in NC about 4 months ago. I got the Extra Value Package with GPS instead of the JBL. I agree with you about the oddness of the packages Toyota offers. it's pretty lame. but the car drives nice. I thought I'd miss the V6 but even the 4-cylinder is pretty peppy.
  • m3nphlsm3nphls Posts: 4
    Hi, I was looking to buy a Rav4 Sport 4 cylinder 4x4 with the Sport Extra Value Package ($470).

MSRP is $26,055 after delivery, processing & handling fee. I just needed someone who recently purchased it around NYC area to see what was the best price you got it for out the door.
  • chrisnj3chrisnj3 Posts: 1
    Just bought the 4x2 Base Model yesterday and are very happy with our purchase. We were debating the Honda CRV or Rav 4. CRV felt like I was driving a bigger version of my civic. It wasn't bad, but we felt the Rav 4 handled better and had more space.

After a lot of back and forth we got $22,500 out the door, in NJ. That includes tax, title, etc... We saved $1,000 thanks to the "Recent College Grad" (I just got a masters), then pushed hard to get them under invoice.

Curious to hear others out the door price for 4x2, if we got a great deal or just a good deal. Either way, we are very satisfied with our purchase.
  • jsetoxjsetox Posts: 10
    I have negotiated the OTD of this Rav4 as $29,650 (not including tax, title, etc) with my local dealer Millennium Toyota in Hempstead, NY.
    Do you think this is a good deal or can I go lower with the dealer?

RAV4 4WD LTD V-4 with the below options and packages:
    (QZ) Extra value pkg with Nav
    (BC) Back up camera
    (CF) Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mats
    (TO) Tow prep package
    (WL) Wheel locks
  • dealovedealove Posts: 6
    I just built the car with the configuration you mentioned above in the Toyota website. Assuming that you are going for a 4 cylinder engine, the MSRP came out to $29,056 (after delivery). So the price you mentioned is really high.

Remember, MSRP is only suggested retail price and actual sale value is far less. Go to edmunds.com ($25,590 for your configuration) or other websites to see what others are paying for your configuration. Usually you can get the car for even lower price than that is mentioned in these websites (I did on my Hyundai Santa Fe). The dealer may bring a piece of paper during negotiation showing his "invoice" price and may try to sell the car at this price. Remember that this invoice does not mean anything and you can ask for a lower selling price. All these prices do not include tax or title charges.

If the dealer does not want to lower the price to a reasonable point, just walk away from the deal. You will always find another dealer who is willing to. Do not sign any documents during negotiation (saying you would like to commit to buying etc). The dealer may force you to sell the vehicle they have in the lot. Unless it is the vehicle you want, tell the dealer you do not want it.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/toyota/rav4/101201396/optionsresults.html?action- =2
    I just realized I forgot to list the transmission type in my orig posting. It's for the V6 on the Limited with Nav. He showed me his invoice as $29,650 (after delivery) and was willing to sell the vehicle for that price while waiving the $374 "admin fee" I had tried to go lower than that price but he wasn't willing to budge.
    What are your thoughts on the price?
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    why not save us some time and tell us what the msrp was, and then we can compare it with the price you got. Simple.
    The MSRP was $31,720.
  • dealovedealove Posts: 6
    The invoice he showed you means nothing. Edmunds is showing the total price of your configuration (V6, Limited, 4X4 with Nav. package) around 29,407. My Santa Fe's edmund's price was 29,432 and I got it for around 26,000 (Ofcourse it depends on the current offers on the vehicle etc).There is no "admin fee" that they are supposed to charge. I bought my car on 24th June and looked into Rav4 along with many other similar category vehicles. Toyota dealer was the most difficult to deal with (Fort Wayne,IN).

I did walk away from the dealerships as soon as they started saying "admin fee", "sign the commitment form", "buy the car that is in the lot" etc.

Not to discourage you from buying a Rav4 but have you sat in the rear seats to see if they are comfortable? I actually went to buy a Rav4 (I am a Toyota fan, ex camry owner) but after sitting in the rear seat, I noticed that the rear seat bottom cushion is really small and very uncomfortable even to sit for 5 minutes (I am not that tall - 5ft 7in with low BMI). The front and rear seat bottom cushions were criticized by many reviewers.
  • jowblowjowblow Posts: 1
    2010 RAV4 Base model
    4WD
    4-Cylinder
    Extra Value Package
    TC Tonneau Cover

Out the door price including all taxes (5.5%), license transfer, etc is $23,831. By my calculations, that means the car costs about $22,350. Good or bad?
  • Bought my 2010 Black Limited V6 4WD new on March 30th, 2010. It has EVP1 (leather, DRLs, moonroof, JBL sound, bluetooth, power seat and 120V AC outlet), tow prep package, rear back-up camera and floor mats (incl cargo mat). MSRP $31,099...

$27,752.00 negotiated selling price
    $499.00 GAP insurance
    $299.00 processing fee
    $841.55 3% VA Sales Tax
    $10.00 online filing fee
    $12.00 registration fee
    ---------
    $29,414 OTD
  • amingo86amingo86 Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    I got my RAV4 today (08/06/2010)
    RVA4 Ltd 4x2 V4 Blizzard Pearl
    Extra Value Package #1
    Mudguard
    Floor Mats
    MSRP $27473
    Out of door price: 24900 (including $750 rebate & document fee, etc)
    Can anyone tell me is this a good price?
    Thanks a lot!! :confuse:
  • What is your tax, doc fee? Can you give breakdown of the price you paid and other stuff?
  • amingo - that looks like a great deal to me
    I am in Georgia

RAV4 Limited 4 x 2 Barcelona Red
    Extra Value Package 1
    Floor Mats

399 foor mats
    382 doc fee

Sign and Drive

Money Factor .0013
    36 Months 12K - Monthly Payment 298.00 ( No Tax)
    Residual 18,524

have not inked it yet - Think I am leaving money on the table here
  • RVA4 Ltd 4x2 V4 Blizzard Pearl
    Extra Value Package #1
    Mudguard
    Floor Mats
    MSRP $27473
    Out of door price: $24900 (not include sale tax and title registration)

Here is my experience. I did my homework and set up a number I think is reasonable, and then called several dealers (8+) in town and see if they can beat the price. Only one dealer accept my offer which is $24900 including $750 rebate, document fee $200, destination $810, and whatever their profit is. I hope this is a good price!!
  • seancamryseancamry Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    Prime Toyota - Saco, ME

2010 RAV4 4x4 2.5L (Black Forest Pearl)
    Extra Value Package
    Preferred Premium Accessory Package
    Mudguards
    MSRP: $24,383
    Toyota Rebate: $750
    Negotiated price: $20,240
    OTD price: $21,668.95 (includes TTL, 5% sales tax in ME)

Also included Toyota's Free 2 yr maintenance which is basically oil & filter changes, tire rotations, fluids, etc. Unbelievably smooth transaction at Prime as she was able to drive the car home within a couple of hours after arriving at the dealership.
  • WoW so you got $4000 off MSRP? That is a great deal, probably best we have seen so far. Great Work. Enjoy your new RAV4!!
  • Thanks for the kudos. Obviously, we were extremely excited to get this kind of price and, the way I see it, there are a few factors that created the situation. Prime Auto Group is growing and in the process of expanding their market reach. By lowering prices to increase leverage, they are able to pull in buyers from other local/regional markets which increases volume. Volume driven sales creates an extremely competitive scenario, it's a classic move to capture market share.

Of course, current economic factors played a role as well as Toyota having to compensate for negative press over the last 12-18 months. Not only are they offering rebates, aggressive financing, and competitive prices, but this has got to be a first for Toyota to offer complimentary maintenance. Additionally, I believe this is the best time of the year to buy as the new 2011 models are filling up the lots and 2010 models must be sold in order for the dealers to turn inventory and bring in additional 2011 models.
  • guy30guy30 Posts: 3
    I have recently purchased a Rav4 FWD base model for 22,800 using 1.9% financing for 60 months (it would have been 21,800 without financing after $1000 rebate in TX). This car has some additional options like Windows Tint, Tonneau cover, extra value package, premium mats, mudgaurds etc.. Also it has been factory installed with leather. Total OTD price was 24,100$. Could you please let me know if this a reasonable deal?