Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• micro44444micro44444 Posts: 2
    Congrats swat123. May I ask which dealer in CA you got this price from? Also, can you list the best quotes that you received from other dealers in Northern CA. I am in the market for a LX 2WD RAV4 and the best I have received so far is 23092$ after the 1000$ rebate. Thanks!!
  • jliubicjliubic Posts: 1
    I got the 2012 RAV4 Sport 4x2 6 cyl (with sunroof, roofrack, etc for 25,600 + t&l) minus the rebate and my cost was 24,850. did you also get the $750 rebate from Toyota thru Edmunds.com?
  • hattrickhattrick Posts: 2
    Bought a V4 4WD base model with the value package in Northern Virginia. Out the door price (includin tax title tags and all rebates applied) was $23,000. Was this a good deal??
  • It is definately better than our deal.. Did you also get the $1000 graduation Rebate..??

Congratulations on your new RAV4..... :)
  • lanpingdlanpingd Posts: 3
    Great price, can you share the dealer information? :)
  • May 31st... end of the month.. is actually a good day to get bargains...
    Many dealers are trying to reach their monthly sales target...

Enjoy your car buying experience...
  • swat123swat123 Posts: 9
    micro44444, most of the south bay dealer are at cloud 9 as there is lot of demand of toyota here.. the sales folks are arrogant and not willing to work with you... But, you can try to negotiate via email first then by phone. I went as far as Merced while making an inquiry. The palo alto and stevens guys were particularly rude and so was dublin.
    The fremont guy (Jay) was reasonable to deal with and should be able to give you the deals I mentioned (or at least will work with you to come close to it). Though I bought from another dealer as fremont didn't have the car I wanted. I bought from stockton but he went back on his word for couple of things and I had a bad experience just dealing with him. Ultimately, I got the car I wanted but I would not recommend that dealership to anyone for any purchase, very rude and zero customer service, they trap you to visit and they play games. Sales person I dealt was nice and she went out of her way to personally help where she could.

Good luck.
  • Went in to sign the paperwork last night and they tried a financing trick saying I couldn't get the Toyota no interest financing but got me some other at 1.5% trying to make a few hundred off me. I then said that should make me eligible for the $1000 customer cash back. They tried to say no but ultimately caved.

2012 Toyota RAV4 2WD with moonroof upgrade package
    $20898 plus tax, title, fees, and the paltry interest=roughly 22,500 OTD take off another 750 Edmunds equals about 21750 OTD.
  • practicalbuypracticalbuy Posts: 72
    edited June 2012
    So I guess.. you have got $1000 customer cash back .. and loan for only 1.5% interest rate... that is awesome ...

We went for the $1000 rebate.. and they gave us loan at 3.99 %.

Congratulations. Enjoy your RAV4 :)
  • psk3psk3 Posts: 6
    Purchased Base RAV4 four cylinder, two wheel drive, with third row seat option in DC metro area today (5/31). Went with my own financing from credit union for 1.99% (72 Mos) and received $1500 discount from the dealer.

Price break down:
    20283 + Tax, Tags, Fee= $21500
    Edmunds Discount = $750

OTD Price = $20750
    edited June 2012
    Looks like a very good deal.... (compared to edmunds pricing.. I think your discount from dealer is more than $1500)

I was reading some place that now credit union financing is available from the dealers too. BUT.... Got to do more research on it.

Congratulations on your purchase of your new RAV4 :)
    psk3, you have beaten me by $300 on base price for this same deal! Congrats! I wish there were more 3rd row inventory available in northern CA.
  • Thanks swat123!! You are true about dealers here being rude ..
  • chopperkid2000chopperkid2000 Posts: 4
    edited June 2012
    27k with all fees and taxes.
    Mine is a limited 2wd with premium plus package and carpet mats.
    This is no rebates etc. included. I also got o% apr for 5 years!! I will put a break down later.
    It was like 24496.
    with like 1765 in taxes
    I want to say 600 in dealer fees yada yada yada
    Anyway out the door price was 27k on the nose.
    I put 3 k down and payments are 400 a month for 60 months.
  • chopperkid,
    In my opinion you got around invoice price... plus zero percent financing.

Are you applying for the $750 rebate.

I believe your deal is very much comparable to our RAV4 deall :)
  • Kind of a mood point. But is that a decent price?
    I think sticker was like 27683 or something.
    Yes I have applied for the edmunds rebate but I didn't include that in the above. Just trying to post apples to apples..
    Thx for the reply!
    Did you get 0% finance from Toyota? My financing is from credit union, that is the reason I got 500 additional discount.

You are correct from your post low inventory with third row seat. I could not get the color I wanted and have to compromise with the blue color which is in dealers hand.
    edited June 2012
    Under the circumstances WE purchased... I consider it decent..

I had visited this forum then... and there were hardly any entries from buyers. In fact I remember wondering.. if there were anybody even buying Toyota RAV4... Comparatively.. the Honda CRV forum was much more active.
    We wanted Toyota RAV4 because we wanted something that did not look like the current SUV's i.e. (like a wagon). Therefore the WHEEL and door behind this RAV4 was appealing to us.

Our buying RAV4 was like jumping into an ocean... not knowing the depth of the water.. There were hardly any clues.

Check my very very FIRST entry in this forum and you will know what I am talking about. It is heartening to see that this forum has become very active now and each one is helping the other like a great Team Work.. trying to swim together.. :)

Yes under the circumstances I believe it is a decent deal. Your deal is very much comparable with MY deal for Toyota.. rav4 :). And we too have applied for the rebate from Edmunds.. and still awaiting the money.
  • grgpgrgp Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum. I am wondering what is $750 Edmunds rebate ?
    If you can give some information on that it would be great.

Thanks!
  • pointx2ypointx2y Posts: 4
    Price paid $28k - $2500 rebates ($500+$1000+grad rbt $1000) = $25,500. Tax Tag title OTD Price $27,500. 2.25% TFS finance. The usual premium and premium plus packages.
    MSRP $31679, Invoice (as posted by dealer) $30101. There was some more room to negotiate but missed!

Submitting $750 edmunds rebate tomorrow!

Hope this info helps.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,901
    Please note that the sponsors of these sorts of incentives do not allow us to publish specific details about how they can be accessed.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host - Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Got ya. didn't know that.
    psk3, my focus was base price (i.e. dealer price, before fees, taxes, rebates, financing, etc). Did not consider Financing as I was taking $1000 rebate so I could do cash down or take available financing rate. At this time I took ~2.9% but I will refinance soon..
    Hi Swat123,

I did not get Mud guards included in my vehicle, how about yours? Looks like this is additional purchase for third row RAV4s. I haven't purchased them yet.
  • kksmom001kksmom001 Posts: 17
    I live in the DC area and are looking for the same which dealership did you use? How is the 3rd row seat? Is it easy to access by 7yr olds?

Is yours four wheel or front wheel drive?
    edited June 2012
    My Rav4 is Front wheel drive and Dealer, Leesburg Toyota in Virginia.

Third row is just OK for a 7year old during short trips but definitely not comfortable for teens and beyond. Kid can sleep in entire third row during long journeys.
  • pjnitpjnit Posts: 1
    Got a RAV4 Base I4 AWD today for

$23,450 base cost
    $150 Doc
    $200 Registration
    $2298 Ridiculous 9.8% WA State Tax
    -$1000 Grad rebate

OTD for $25,100 with 0% financing, sending in the Edmunds rebate this week.
  • hattrickhattrick Posts: 2
    Dont bother with rebate -- its a big scam. They will notify you the rebate invalid and when you contact the call center to discuss it they blow you off. Toyota would be better served by having a different process for a rebate. They are just upsetting their customer base when the rebate is denied. This promotion is back firing.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the rebate process. Please note that these offers are only available to buyers who register for them prior to purchasing a vehicle. See our related FAQ for more details.

If you feel that your case hasn't been handled properly, please email us via our Contact Us form so that we can investigate and respond. Or if you prefer, you may contact me directly, karen@edmunds.com.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

edited June 2012
    Hello friends..

We did receive our $750 Rebate.

We followed all the guidelines.. and applied for the $750 rebate BEFORE our Toyota RAV4 purchase.

This rebate is a consolation because our toyota purchase price (deal) was not as extraordinary as claimed by many of our friends over here... as at the time there were not enough clues on price negotiatons.

Check my very first message no. 3669 and 3670 , posted on April 30, 2012.

Hoping to hear similar good news from many of our other fellow Toyota RAV4 purchasers too.