Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vliu13vliu13 Posts: 33
    I didn't test drive the car a second time. The mileage is around 95 from the first time I drove it. I think the engine should be the same since it is new? I will test drive it again when I get there (probably on friday night). Its going to be a pain getting there after work (subway, NJ train, walk to dealer).

What I would for this car... :)
  • FITZMALL in Maryland said salesperson would pick me up at train station Ask them to send someone to pick you up.
    Where do you live. I am in manhattan
  • TsarTsar Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for a 4cyl 4wd 2009 RAV4 and learnt today that Toyota is now offering a $500 cashback? This has been verified by a number of dealers but I can't seem to find any information on dealer incentives other than a ConsumerReports pricing from a few days ago that lists the DLR incentive at a shade under $600. Yet Edmunds shows no DLR incentives. Any clues? I need to get my math right before I start negotiating tomorrow.

Also, if anybody recently bought with similar specs, what did it cost you?

thanks in advance ...
    I live in Brooklyn, but work in midtown manhattan. I will ask them to pick me up at the station. Thanks for the tip.

Any luck in finding your car?
  • Actually the car you found is exactly what I wanted.
    But since you found it first it would not be right to go buy it out from under you. I found one without the BC MF CF-R ( backup Camera) and made them an offer using the Hudson one as a reference . THe MF CF_R can be added later .

The hudson one has a MSRP of 30,858. This one has a MSRP of $30,075 so I reduced it by $550 ( approx invoice versus MSRP) and bid 27,200 for this one .
    The sales manager got on the phone and told me if you get that car for that price $27,750 he wants me to prove it to him and he will match the price for the one that I want. He says at $27,200 for the car I want he is looseing money. I dont believe that and secondly I dont care. I am not his partner. People loose money all the time in this present economy I told him and companys are going out of business and firing people every day

So I am waiting for you to get yours, and then maybe you can do me a favor and fax the Bill of Sale to where I am looking.
    Do not let them sell you any other options etc. Also sharing a $275 BS ducumentation fee you should tell them is like giving the a $137 tip for picking you up. Stick to your guns .

Did you notice what I mentioned about the car being swapped out from Smithtown L.I. dealer ?

If you tell them that , they will think this guy really did his research and where did he find that out ? The more you know the better off you are IMHO

I am counting on you . Let me know :)
    His email:

Price of the vehicle is $27,840.00, Motor Vehicle is $205.00, New York Tax is $2,331.60, Title is $138.00. Your Total is $30,514.60.

I will most likely take it at this price.

Thanks for not buying this car before me, even though technically you did direct me to this dealer.

The dealer just responded to me saying their "sister store Westbury Toyota and it was a swap car. They needed a car we had and we needed a Rav4 built this way for our inventory. at the time we didnt have anything else like this one."
    I guess its sounds legit enough.

That kind of tip, they should pick me up at work.
    I will send you the bill of sale as soon as I can. The least I can do for you.
    Got my car! I paid OTD price of $30,131.32. They actually waived the fees.
  • Congrats on getting your new car. I have Emailed a dealer with a similar car ( really not as well equipped) what has transpired with your deal .
    I may need to contact you if they want you to fax a copy of your bill to them.
    Please stay in touch and we can figure out a way to speak,(Email or something) to follow up on you helping me get my deal
    Thx
    Peter :)
  • KamryKamry Posts: 18
    I am looking for a price on a 2009 V6 Rav 4, leather, moonroof, extra tow pkg.,backup camera, I think everything except the navigation system. Can you help me out. Thanks in advance.
  • Anywhere between $27,800 and $24,400 plus tax title license etc Read back a few pages and learn a little .
    Go to Fitzmall
    http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/resultsa.asp
    for a reference point also Edmunds .com

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/rav4/2009/index.html
    pricing for 2009 Rav4 .
    Rav come in Base Sport and Limited editions. Need more info
  • If somebody could please help me.

I just recently got a quote for a 09 RAV4 V6 4x2 Sport for $29,397.64 with the LA, QX, TO, and BC packages. This price includes all taxes and fees.

Now I checked Edmunds total Invoice and total TMV which is $26,715 and $27,255 respectively. Just not sure if this include TTL.

Can anybody tell me if this is a good price? I live in San Bernardino CA so I know my tax is high 7.75% .

Please respond if you had the same situation or have an idea on what a good price for this should be.

Thanks in advance...
  • KamryKamry Posts: 18
    This price is for an 09 Rav 4 Limited, extra tow package,back up camera,moonroof,leather heated seats, I think everything but the Navigation system,$28,100.00.plus tax plates. Reasonable price? I am trying real hard to pull the trigger, what do you think about the price? Thanks.
    I would suggest $200-300 over invoice for everyone who wants the 2009 RAV4. This does not include TTL.GOOD LUCK!
  • $200-$300 Over invoice??
    Does that include the rebate they offer???

One more Question I have for you is does the FitzMall reduces their prices from what they show online?
    Or no negotiation with them???
    The rebate will not be valid in case of the $200-300 over invoice. I believe the rebate is from the MRSP price, which would make it higher than the price I suggested.

Fitzmall'ss prices most likely can be negotiated (but I havent tried). There are two options for either buying it at the price or naming your price (if they accept).
  • Vliu
    I am confused ?
    You said in an earlier post:

"Got my car! I paid OTD price of $30,131.32. They actually waived the fees."

The dealers invoice for the $30848 MSRP is $28,437.
    They all say to ignore the Edmunds invoice. I have an offer of $100 under this invoice that I beleive is not a bait and switch offer plus TTLD from one dealer whom I am going to see in 2 hours.

I also have an offer of $450 under invoice that I am not certain is a real, not a BS offer that I will look at friday .

VLIU did you buy the car from Hudson or not ??
    I bought the car from Hudson for OTD $30,131.32. The confusing part is the breakdown, which I dont completely understand. I dealt with three guys that day, one guy had a different price from the other two.

The first guy told me that the fees were waived and it will be car price plus tax. He must have been confused with another customer. He wrote down the price on paper ($30,131.32).

The second guy (internet salesperson) had the fees added to the price, but the title fee was half ($138) totaling my previous internet quote $30,417.06.

Now the finance guy, who drew up the bill of sale, has a different breakdown of the price. His calculation is as follows: $27,359 for the car, plus tax $2,291.32, registeration fee of $10, title fee of $195, net trade-in of $276 (not sure where that came from but it lowered the price, so why not), cash down of $3,500 with $26,631.32 balance. That totaled $30,131.32.

The final price of the car is $30,131.32.

Hope this helps and not confuse you.
  • What options do you have on your car?
  • Well its not 100% clear but since I had not heard from you I went out and bought the MSRP $30,929 RAV 4 V5 with BC CF-R FE MF QY TO AND WL ) WHEEL LOCKS for $250 below invoice which is $28,437 plus he threw in the wheel locks .
    So my final price was $28,187 plus tax $2360.66 and $217.50 for an OTD price of $30,765.16.
    I would not say it was a rock bottom price but $250 below their invoice plus WHEEL LOCKS thrown in was fair for a car that I drove and bought on the spot , as opposed to giving a dealer $$ and waiting for them to grab the car elsewhere.
    Did you trade something in on it? I did not .Did you get the car permanent plates and all yet ?
    For me,bottom line $30765.16 OTD N.Y.STATE WITH BRAND NEW LICENSE PLATES

Congrats to both of us :)

P.S. I got the black with sand beige interior I like the look
    Congrats! The black and sand beige probably looks better.

I didnt trade in anything. They said the license plates will take one or two weeks.
    I am taking the car to the dealer near me because the tire pressure warning light is on. It was like that one I got it. Hopefully its nothing big.

I will buy the wheel locks from the dealer, I have a 10% coupon, woohoo!

Did the dealer try to sell you the tire program? Its $350 for 5 years. I didnt take it.
    Are you getting an alarm system? I am getting the Viper 5901.