Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• galevergalever Posts: 7
    edited March 2010
    Rav4x4 limited 4 cylinder
    Extra val package 1480.00
    floor mats 199
    Mudguard 99
    Wheel Locks 81
    Destination fee 800

-814 savings
    so adjusted price is now 27900

The weird thing is he gave me a sheet with the retail base price and dealer price. The math does not add up.....especially since on the receipt he has TDA 429, Gas 10.3, dealer holdback 521 and whsl Financial Reserve at 260.

The Final total with Tax, tags, and document/tire fee comes to $29869.75.

It just seems high to me, but it's been awhile since I purchased a car.

Any help is appreciated.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    That price is way too high, you should be targeting somewhere between $26,181 and $26,847.
  • evergreenevergreen Posts: 208
    galever....Assuming you are talking FWD and not 4WD, the sticker price is $27,324. The invoice should be $25,962. Both these numbers could be a hundred or so higher or lower depending on the area of the country. The regional ad fee varies from one region to another. I would first agree to some amount relative to the invoice price, e.g., $100 over invoice. If the dealer goes for that (25,962 + 100 = 26,062), then subtract any rebates. We have no rebates now in my area, only the 0% 5 year financing. Add in the tax, tags, fees and that should be your offer. Just be careful they don't rip you on the fees. Zero percent financing is the same as a huge rebate so take it if you can. If you can't take advantgage of the financing because of a credit problem, I would just wait a month or two until they start offering a rebate again. Last month there was a $500 rebate and it should only get bigger as the year progresses. Here is a website where you can check out these numbers.
    http://www.truecar.com/Toyota/RAV4/2010/best-price-report-0DA7C769.html?colorInf- o=Classic Silver Metallic,Ash,6088_001_1F7.jpg&optionInfo=6381543,-6381534,-6381542,6327962,63279- 30,6327932,-6381548,-6381530,-6381547,6498174,6544021,6544026,6327957&incentiveI- ds=0&trimId=316674&modelId=19457&zipcode=97701
  • galevergalever Posts: 7
    edited March 2010
    Sorry i should have said it's a 4WD.

I checked out that website thanks for the info!
    Ok, the MSRP would be $1390 more for the 4WD. Just go to that website I mentioned and build it yourself.
  • for the graduate discount, what proof should i bring to the dealer? my diploma?
    College Bonus Cash offer is available to customers who have graduated from an accredited 4-yr college, university, or registered nursing program (or will graduate within the next 6 months), graduated from an accredited 2-yr college, or currently enrolled/have graduated from graduate program. Graduation must be within the last 2 years. See your dealer for details.
  • cyrusdcyrusd Posts: 25
    A diploma is enough. If you've not received your diploma yet, some dealers still accept the official congratulations letter from your college saying something like "the final audit was completed and your diploma is on the way."
  • Thanks! I will bring a copy of my diploma.
  • salzosalzo Posts: 9
    MSRP: 24,383
    OTD: 21,300 (includes 1000 dollar graduate rebate).
    February pricing - 2.9% :cry:
  • That sounds like a great price. Where is the dealer located?
  • Here is my recent deal in MA:

Base 4WD
    Options: Mud guard, Value Package & Phone bluetooth

Price$21,500
    less $1,000 (Graduate program)

Total $20,500
  • dieuwerdieuwer Posts: 8
    mud guard, Bluetooth? Never heard of these options for the base model
  • dturrdturr Posts: 70
    There is a saying that is common in Europe.

Toyota as a corporation is acting like a common criminal, they only admit to 20% of the truth.
    If you are thinking of making a purchase remember these words Let The Buyer Beware.
  • legalmanlegalman Posts: 6
    Toyota has been forced to hand a 'smoking gun' memo produced by its own factory workers to US investigators probing a spate of system faults.
    The two-page document, sent to president of the company Katsuaki Watanabe in 2006, warned of systematic threats to car safety.
    Damningly

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1257161/Toyota-smoking-gun-mem- o-staff-warned-safety-issues-FOUR-years-ago.html#ixzz0hsGpWQFW
    Toyota may have blown big time how they handled these problems but you have to give them a break. Historically, their cars have been the most reliable, and still are. They just don't have a lot of experience in dealing with manufacturing flaws. Besides, most of the problems are on the products made in North America. I recently bought a new RAV4 made in Japan and I expect many, many years of reliable transportation.
  • evergreen, how to you tell if a Rav is built in Japan or US? Thanks.
  • puneecarpuneecar Posts: 17
    edited March 2010
    code sheet to your VIN number
    http://www.vehicleidentificationnumber.com/vin-decoder/toyota-car.html

there's a automatic decoder Iv found in the past just by entering in your VIN, not exactly this site, but similar
    http://www.decodethis.com/Decoder/YourOwnVINDecoder/tabid/76/Default.aspx

Im very glad that my dealer happen to get me a Japanese Build, hopefully that means Im exempt from these recent major issues. Leave it to the corporate americans to cut corners and F*q things up..

It's funny in an article i read about Japan's corporate heads recently visitng US to discuss the issues and after being badgered aggresively by US interrogaters referencing a defective Prius, the [non-permissible content removed] Representative snapped "These are NOT Japanese cars! that is an american car! The parts are american and it is built in america" .. not exact quote but pretty much to that effect.
  • Thanks! This is very helpful. Also, does anyone know what the d& h fee includes? My dealer adds $499 as d&h fee to the final price. Not sure if this is common.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    In this case, it includes $499 extra profit for the dealer.... ;)

It's common everywhere they can get away with it...

On another note.. all Japanese assembled vehicle VINs start with a J!

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs