Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• huffyhuffy Posts: 10
    RAV4 Limited V6 2WD with Extra Value Pkg #1 + carpet mats + tow prep.

MSRP = $29,539 with sale price quote of $27,656.

In NC. Good deal or can I do better?
  • evergreenevergreen Posts: 208
    Seems like a good price to me. You might check it with this website to see how it stacks up against other dealers in your area. http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html
  • huffyhuffy Posts: 10
    That website is awesome. Unfortunately, I'm not an AMEX cardholder - but I can become one real quick. The price quote on the website is about $1,000 less than the quote I got from the dealer.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    Are the Toyota incentives tempting you? A reporter wants to know. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com with your thoughts no later than Tuesday, March 23, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ross77ross77 Posts: 1
    Hi guys. I am new here and I am thankful in advance for your help. Below is the quote I got from a dealer - would you consider it a bad, Ok or good deal? How far lower can I push? Thank you!

2010 Toyota RAV4

Base V6 5-Speed Automatic 4dr 4x4

Manufacturer Code: 4433

MSRP: $27,118
    Dealer Invoice: $25,197
    Balise Toyota's Price: $24,897
    Your Final Price: $24,897*

CT Carpet Floor Mats (4-Piece Set) w/3rd Row
    MF Mudguards
    QW Base V6 EVP Package includes: Roof Rack w/Cross Bar Roof Rail, Daytime Running Lights, Privacy Glass
    TH Third Row 50/50 Split Seat
    TO Tow Prep Package

Special financing is available for all 2010 Toyota RAV4 purchasers who qualify with approved credit (available through 04/05/2010). 0% for 36 months, 0% for 48 months, 0% for 60 months.
  • lvmlvm Posts: 6
    I was disappointed that Toyota declined to offer me 0% financing. I bought my new vehicle in mid-February, which was after the acceleration issues made the news, but before they offered 0%. I feel they should have offered it to those who believed in the company enough to buy a new car in that time span.
  • sam1978sam1978 Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    Toyota Dealer in Boston, MA is offering:

RAV4 Base 4cyl 4WD Forest Black Pearl with Extra Value Package (17inch Wheels, Roof Rails, Privacy Glass etc); Tonneau Cover; Floor Mats

MSRP: 24,284 + 6.25% Tax
    Sticker: $22000 (approx)
    Residual: $16,000
    Money Factor: 0.00002 (0.48%)

Lease: They are offering sign and drive out the door for $0 (no fees, registration, title etc, first month payment etc) then $199/month (inc tax) for 35 Months. They are also throwing in first service @ 5000 miles

This includes $1000 college discount

I've done a lot of research and visited a number of dealers, but this seems like a no-brainer?

Anyone have any thoughts?
    As the great philanderer once said, "I feel your pain." Realistically, I can't imagine how any car manufacturer could make that kind of incentive retroactive. I have read that Toyota loses $4800 for every buyer who takes advantage of the 0% five year financing. Even with the recalls, Toyota still sells a lot of cars and a $4800 hit on every car they sold last month, the last two months, the last 6 months, etc., really adds up fast. You still have a great car with a good warranty and if you have any problems I am sure Toyota will take care of you. That is what you counted on when you bought your Toyota and nothing has changed. Enjoy your new car.
  • kelfkelf Posts: 83
    Can you get both the 0% financing and the discounted loss leader type of price? Have you ?
    edited March 2010
    Yes, they are separate issues. I bought my RAV4 a few weeks ago and followed this process.
    1. We agreed on a price for the RAV4 which was $1900 below MSRP. I live in a small town with only one Toyota dealer and I am sure I could have done better in some other areas of the country.
    2. I told them what I wanted for my trade in. They offered less but I held firm saying that I would sell it myself if they didn't want it at my price. They finally agreed with my price.
    3. Lastly, I told them that I wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing. At this point they can hardly refuse as it is something offered by Toyota and not the dealer.

If they try to use any rebate or financing program offered by Toyota to jack up the price, they are just screwing you.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    The $4800 is pretty high interest on a sub $30,000 vehicle. Considering the Prime is pretty low these days, I would say that Toyota may be losing $1500 per vehicle in finance cost, but chances are they are not borrowing the money from the Fed, or the bank, but are financing these internally.

We are still waiting for better deals on RAV4. In particular, $2,000-$4,000 off. Finance offers are OK, but we can just pay cash, so rebates are more important.
  • vjinvjin Posts: 2
    RAV4 4WD LTD V-4 with Nav
    Extra value pkg with Nav
    Back up camera
    Mud guard
    Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mats
    Total without taxes and fees: 27,713.30
    OTD Price (7% taxes, Indiana) : $29,540.74

Thanks
    VJIN
    I read the $4800 figure somewhere but I figure it would only be true if Toyota was normally financing at 6.4%. Under normal circumstances, I have no idea what rate Toyota charges.

I was going to pay cash, too, but the money I was going to use was earning me 3.5%. I would rather have that interest going into my pocket than Toyota's. Toyota would have to give me a $2625 rebate to make me as much money at the 0% financing.
  • vjinvjin Posts: 2
    I have negotiated the OTD of this Rav4 as $29,300. Hope this was a good deal.
    RAV4 4WD LTD V-4 with Nav
    Extra value pkg with Nav
    Back up camera
    Mud guard
    Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mats
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    I read the $4800 figure somewhere but I figure it would only be true if Toyota was normally financing at 6.4%. Under normal circumstances, I have no idea what rate Toyota charges.

I was going to pay cash, too, but the money I was going to use was earning me 3.5%. I would rather have that interest going into my pocket than Toyota's. Toyota would have to give me a $2625 rebate to make me as much money at the 0% financing.

I know it is out context of this board, but do you mind sharing info on the 3.5%?

After the stock market issues, I am a little gun shy of it, and have parked the remaining cash in a number of high yield (not really high if you ask me, 1.3 - 1.5% APY) savings accounts.

It still beats my parents' approach of keeping the cash under the mattress, but I feel that the money should be making money before it is completely devalued by the government.

Thanks.
  • jme2940jme2940 Posts: 1
    Hi Sam,

I also live in Boston and am thinking about the RAV4 but was wondering about the lease deal you listed. Which location are you referring to that is offering the sign and drive out the door for $0 then $199 a month. The only deal I saw was $1999 down and $169 a month at the Braintree location, but would obviously much rather the deal you listed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    I am getting 3.5% from Reliable Credit Association, Inc., in Milwaukie, Oregon. I think they also do business in Washington. It is a relatively small family owned business that my dad did business with for many years before he died. I am 67 and have done business with them for many years, too. I was a little concerned about how they were doing a year ago when everyone was talking Depression but they had exceptional earnings so I guess they are smart enough to handle the worst case scenerio. I used to live in Milwaukie but now live about 150 miles away. I just send them an e-mail if I want to take any money out of my account and they send me a check.
  • sam1978sam1978 Posts: 4
    Hi jme2940 -

The dealer was Herb Chambers in Boston. I sent you a PM about this, if you would like more details

Thx
  • nyigornyigor Posts: 4
    I just received the quote in Florida: $21,599 plus taxes, tag and fees.