Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Personally I have been waiting for the 2011s after the many Toyota fiascos this last year.
    Tweaks are being made and I do like the idea of a Brake Override. All 2011s come standard with the Star Safety System which includes a combination of 5 accident avoidance features
  • We just signed the deal yesterday (Sep 11th, 2010)

My zip code - 01752

MSRP of the CAR - $29317
    Invoice price - 26019
    Out of the door price - (Inclusive of new plates, documentation, tax and other charges)
    was - 27600.

I took the 500 rebate and did not go for the 2.9% financing. Also there was no trade-in.

The package :
    Limited Edition, 4 Cyl, 4WD, QY package, Body side moldings, mud flaps, floor mats, rear cargo cover.
  • Wow, That is a good deal.

What was your sales tax (how many %)?
    What is the price you paid before taxes, doc fee, plates?
  • Using a combination of internet dealers and phone calls, I was able to get a silver base RAV4 4 X 4 with Extra Value Package for $22,321.The MSRP was 24,303. I was able to secure 3.5% outside financing, so I was also able to take advantage of the $750 cash back. Plus the dealer doc fee, my Out the Door Price was $21,850.

While I might have been able to get a better price if I had haggled longer, I was happy with the deal and didn't want to miss out on getting the color I wanted since the 2010 models are running low. I agree that internet pricing is the way to go with sites like TrueCar (I don't think Autobrag works anymore), the only time I had to set foot on the dealership was to test drive the vehicle.
  • I just got a '10 FWD base model for $880 below invoice (invoice= according to edmunds.com) in SoCal. The options are: base model extra value pkg (QV), upgraded stereo w/xm and 6 CD (DJ), and the 5 piece floor matts. I suggest checking out cars.overstock.com. USAA car buying service uses the same "engine" as cars.overstock.com. The sticker was $23.2k and I got it for $20.9k + TTL. I also received the $500 military rebate. I couldn't get the 2.9% financing since I got the military rebate but it was worth it. OTD price was $22.6k.
  • I am also looking for a RAV4 base model AWD in Texas. Is $ 22,607 OTD price ..Do let me know.
  • Dear All,
    I am looking for RAV4 base model AWD best price..Any suggestion on price and let me know the best dealer who deals and give BEST DEALS..
    Thanks RK , rahul0876@gmail.com
  • Dear All,
    I am looking for RAV4 base model AWD best price..Any suggestion on price and let me know the best dealer who deals and give BEST DEALS..
    Thanks RK , rahul0876 at gmail.
  • I am also looking for 2010 Rav4 AWD ..Do let me know the price or how low he is going on invoice... will appreciate if you can also let me know the dealer details...rk
  • I am also looking for 2010 Rav4 AWD ..Do let me know the price or how low he is going on invoice... will appreciate if you can also let me know the dealer details...rk
  • I am also looking for 2010 Rav4 AWD ..Do let me know the price or how low he is going on invoice... will appreciate if you can also let me know the dealer details...Please let me know the details of the dealer..
  • Where did you got the price of Out the Door Price was $21,850.
    I am also looking for Rav4 AWD at this price.
    Please let me know at rahul0876atgmail. Thanks
  • The invoice price I paid was $22321, plus dealer doc fee, minus the $750 rebate since I was able to get outside financing at a good rate. So your $22,650 isn't too far off, only a couple hundred more than what I paid, not counting the rebate. I would recommend contacting a couple dealers and let them know what your best offer is and see they can beat it, I saved a couple hundred dollars that way. My dealership was in Nebraska, but you can probably get a better deal if you take local stock from a local dealer if you're out of state.
  • funguy123, I just looked into the same for my 09 RAV 4. Was quoted $600 from Toyota dealer.
    There must be better prices out there for these push button starts.
  • Bought a 2010 RAV4 Ltd FWD 4cyl on 9/29 in Oklahoma City. Equipped with QZ (leather/nav), backup camera, special color, and a few PIO extras (molding, mudguards, mats, Blu Logic). MSRP of $29,520; invoice $26,843.

I paid $27,400 minus $1,000 cash incentive = $26,400 out the door. That excludes any tax, title, license fees. Not a fantastic deal but the alternative was having an unhappy wife!

Another dealer I was working with had about the same price. He told me the 2011 RAV4s are to arrive in port the first week of November.
  • toyotagaltoyotagal Posts: 215
    Has anyone seen a 2011 at the Dealers yet?
  • The 2011 are being delivered in some parts of the country. There are a lot in the New York area already. On cars.com you can search dealer inventory and see if dealers in your area have them. However, don't expect the dealers to be honest about it. I went to quite a few dealers in the New York City area and all but one dealer told me that the 2011's were weeks or months away when in fact were already on the way. One helpful salesperson told me the week her dealer was expecting their first delivery of 2011's and she was spot on. I was looking to lease the 2011 but unfortunately in September the money factor on the 2011 Rav4 was much higher than the 2010 Rav4. I'm waiting to see what deals are offered in October on the 2011. I think most dealers are now willing to sell the 2010 Rav4 at invoice.
  • toyotagaltoyotagal Posts: 215
    I did see that our local dealers in California show 3 each of 2011 RAV4s. But all are 4 cylinder non Limited models. Apparently there was an identical allocation to each of the 3 dealers. What I want is a Limited, V-6, AWD.
  • Bought 2010 Rav4 2WD + Extra Value Package (privacy glass + floor mats + tonneau cover + roof rack) + Mudguards for $19,900. Dealer took $500 rebate. Got 2 years maintenance.How was the deal ?