Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• We are an over 6' foot tall family, and uhhh hefty. Any ideas on sedans/mid size suvs? Front seats must have the most room. Any idea? We are looking to buy 2010-2012 and probably base cars, nothing fancy.

Kind thanks! :)
  • I went to shop for RAV4 today but there is only 2011 ones available. I asked dealers when it will be here and they did not want to answer my questions.
    It is Jan. 2012 now but I could not find any of them. Is there a production problem? or Is it end of life in 2011?
  • The 2012's wont be out until February my local dealer told me. Also was told there is no difference in the 2011 and 2012 so I bought a 2011 RAV4 and LOVE this vehicle! :-)
  • I don't understand. It is said that the 2012 RAV 4 is a 'redesign' but all the people I heard including dealers, said there's no difference from 2011.

Supposed there's no difference, why 2012 will not arrive on schedule.
  • I wasn't interested in a redesgin...I love the way it is now. I didnt want to wait til February. Everyone at my local dealer said mid February and no change...so who knows really until it comes out. Have patience and time will tell!
  • franklwfranklw Posts: 42
    Hi,

Has anyone got recent quotes for 2011 Rav4 limited 4 Cyl.? Just wonder if I can find a good deal since dealers are clearing 2011 models. Thanks
  • Recently I received a quote for RAV 4 sport with appearance package and value package.
    MSRP=26,392, dealer's quote=24,704
    for the 2011 version, you get $500 off for incentive.
  • franklwfranklw Posts: 42
    edited January 2012
    Thank you. So far the best quotes I got in So. Cal is $26500 for 4cyl limited blizzard pearl MSRP $28,8** and $26,315 for other colors MSRP $287**. I think I will wait as I was hoping to get more discount for last year's model.
  • Just purchased a new 2011 base FWD RAV4 with extra value package, cargo mat set and mudflaps. We chose to forego the financing and took the Toyota rebate of $500, for a total price of $21,859 plus tax of $2142 (I'm in Washington state, so tax was 9.5%), dealer doc fee $150 and licensing/registration $200. OTD for $24,336. I did all my negotiations through the internet, and seems like most dealers were willing to work with me on price since 2012 models are starting to come in.
  • Congrats on your new RAV4!! Woohoo!!! What color did you get? Today marks 4 weeks that I purchased mine. Mine is a base model too but considering my other car, that I traded in, was an 18 year old Corolla, I feel like it is fully loaded compared to that. I chose the blue, my favorite color. I LOVE the ride on this vehicle, I plan to drive it for a loooooong time! Enjoy yours!
  • Hi cpykenn, mind share which dealer did you bought your car from? Because im also in WA state and looking to buy one also. Looking for your reply thanks & enjoy your new ride :)
  • shinmeishinmei Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Just got a 2011 RAV4 2WD BASE with extra value package for $22100 (Out to door price including all taxes and fees)

MSRP:$24000
  • Thanks! I got the silver one (my first choice color; I was also prepared to consider red or charcoal since inventory was running low on the 2011s) I love it. Our other family car is a Camry and I love the higher driving position on the RAV4.
    Congratulations on your new blue car.
  • Hi wink2K- it was Rodland Toyota in Everett, WA. 19 mile drive from where we live in Seattle, but worth the trip. I just got it this past Saturday and they still had a good selection of colors in the 2011 4WDs, and there might also be some 2012s there by now. I had a great experience there - no last minute surprises, everything very straightforward. Good luck!
  • I was happy to test drive a Rav 4 2011. I was wondering about the following questions, would appreciate any info.

1)When was the Rav 4 redesigned to its current model?

2) Are they redesigning the 2012 model to stay in competition with Honda which has redesigned the 2012 CRV and has some good features?
    3) What is the reported reliability of the 2011 model. I am reading here about the 2008 models whose owners had major problems after 3 years.
    thanks in advance
  • 90146e90146e Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    paid 30,000 + ttl for 2012 RAV4 Limited V6 AWD with QY (value packages options, basically leather, sunroof, auto headlights), Towing Package, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips, Backup Camera and special color (for blizzard pearl). Locale is Dallas, TX
  • recently, a dealer offer me a RAV4 2011 sport 4WD with value package & appearance package. The price is 25,500 after rebate. Is it a good price? What price you guys get with this configuration?
  • Is the $25,500 quote OTD?
  • Hi,

Have you research 2012 model?
    Is it me or is there a shortage for 2012 model?
    The 2011 limited RAV4 used to come fully equipped with nav, back up cam, tow prep, and then some (molding, exhaust tip, etc). I could not find equivalent model in So Cal. Most limited RAV4 V6 FWD seems to be basically that with MSRP 28K+, and 29K if molding, exhaust tip. I could find one or two within 200 miles of LA with nav for MRSP 30+, and none in blizzard pearl.
    The other thing was 3rd row seat used to be available for limited, but not now. If special ordered, it comes in with cloth seat. Toyota build your own web page specially disallow nav if you pick 3rd row seat, and vice versa. I know 3rd row for RAV4 is only for kids (not sure if it is safe either), but given gas price anticipated to be +$5, I'd rather stick with RAV4 rather than say Highlander, Pilot or van (19/26 for RAV4). I did call toyota, and they say it is not available for California, but local dealer could trade/acquire one in nearby (presumable out of state) dealer. Any thought? Thanx.
  • Hi all,
    What is the difference between this: 2012 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr 4-cyl 4-Spd AT Ltd 4WD 4-cyl 4-Spd AT Ltd and a regular 4 cyl Limited?

What is the "AT"? Automatic Transmission?

thanks.