Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• CORRECTION:

Apply = REGISTER..

We registered for the Toyota RAV4 rebate .. BEFORE the purchase actual purchase of our RAV4.
  • jasonqjasonq Posts: 1
    Hello all...

We've been looking for a RAV4 with third-row seating, either new or lightly used. We've managed to find a brand-new one locally. It's a base 4WD model (4432A).

The only options on the car are the 3rd-row seat itself ($940 MSRP) and the Value Package ($150 MSRP) that's required with it. Base MSRP is $24,050.; with options it's $25,950.

It's not quite the color we'd prefer (black instead of silver), but we've decided we can cope with that. The only other currently-available option for brand new is a red one, which we don't want.

All the used ones we can find w/ the 3rd-row are at least a few hundred miles away, and the price difference really isn't significant enough in our opinion to warrant the hassle.

The dealer we're talking to doesn't currently have the car on the lot. However, the dealership that DOES have it is very close - in the same town, in fact. So there would have to be a cross-town transfer involved.

The dealer we're talking to offered us the car today for $24,300 out the door (including the $750 factory rebate - and yes, I've registered for the Edmunds rebate too).

I know the holdback on the car is 2% of base MSRP, or $481 if I've calculated right.

So, I guess I'm wondering - is $24300-750 Edmunds Rebate=$23550 a good price for this car?

I was thinking of seeing if I could get them to come down to at least $24,000 and maybe throw in mudguards and the all-weather floormats. Do y'all think that'd be reasonable?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.
  • practicalbuypracticalbuy Posts: 72
    edited June 2012
    Dear Jasong,

Your OTD price of 24300 for RAV4 4wd + 3rd row seat option is definately much better than what we have paid when we purchased our Rav4 (.... WITHOUT the 3rd row seat option ....) on April 30th. In my opinion there are not many RAV4's with the 3rd row seat option available.

Hope this helps :)

All the best .
  • psk3psk3 Posts: 6
    edited June 2012
    Hi jasong,

I bought third row seat RAV4 on may 31st. Out the door, 21500 - 750(edmunds rebate) = 20750. Only difference being mine is front wheel drive. So you can add up 4 wheel cost to it. No mud flops included, purchased online for 40+ dollars and is pretty easy to mount them.

Financed through my (1.99%) credit union, did not go with 0% toyota financing. There are limited third row seat vehicles in the market and you have to compromise with color. I was looking for Black forest pearl or silver but settled with pacific blue. Not bad though.

Hope this is helpful. All the best with your search.
  • All,

Can you suggest me if the offer i have got RAV 4 - base - 2WD with 3rd seats and leather heated seats

Base $22,650.00
    Options $1,688.00
    Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg $880.00
    Total $25,218.00

After all the dealer rebates the offered price is $25,218.00 . please let me know if this is the best offer or not.
  • Hi Patbandla,
    Have you calculated the Invoice price and the Manufacturers Price on this vehicle? What is it (including destination) ?
    Is 25,218.00 OTD price?

Does your offer include
    1) Incentive to customer OR 0 percent financing
    2) Incentive to dealer
    3) Graduate Rebate of $1000
    4) Edmunds rebate of $750

Buddy... need some more information before giving you our decision :)

Also there may be some 4th of July sales around :)
  • 25,218.00 is the sales price after $2000.00 dealer intensive.

also comes with 0% or another $1000.00 off. I have opted 0%.

below fees are additional :
    Doc Fee: $599.99
    State & Local Taxes: $722.00
    Total License and Fees: $129.00

OTD price is $26,665.00
    edited June 2012
    Hi Patibandla,

I sincerely feel that your quote is on the higher side..

But then I am also aware that THIRD ROW seat cars are not easily available.

Do not know much about leather heated seats (but have heard that it can be installed even at the dealer's place). So may be you can ask different dealers "how much they will install the leather seats with heating for"?

Do you have other dealers around with whom you can bargain. Also 4th of July sales is around the corner....

We did internet shopping which was very easy... less stressful and convenient. I spoke with the manager on the phone. All we had to do was just walk into the dealership and sign the papers.

Register for Edmunds Rebate ... BEFORE buying the car.

Hope this helps.

All the Best :)
  • patibandlapatibandla Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the comment. what would be the reasonable price?

Leather heated seats are costing $1599.00.

Can you please explain how to register for edmunds rebate?

Thanks!!
  • 2112yyz2112yyz Posts: 5
    edited June 2012
    my first post--i live in newton, NJ. i want a RAV4 Limited 4dr 6 cyl 3.5L 4WD 5-speed Automatic. can i get it for 27,716 ?? or can i get better price?? looking for the sandy beach color which is harder to get. will they play games over the color ??

thanks !

26,788 base
    27,598 base + dest
    26,682 dealer cost (deducted 610 holdback & whol finance reserve 306)
    26,402 deducted 280 from TDA (dealer wants 480)
    28,212 premium option @ 1,810
    27,462 deduct 750 customer cash
    27,716 added 75 doc fees and a sales commission

27,716 TOTAL
    edited June 2012
    I do know that in this forum one of our buyers ended up buying a 4WD instead of the base FWD model all because he liked that color better.

Probably try something like that when it comes to color :)
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    Please note that the sponsors of these offers do not allow Edmunds to publish any specific details about how or when they become available.

If you have any questions, please send them to me in an email. karen@edmunds.com

Thank you for your cooperation!

Karen
    Edmunds Community Manager

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

edited June 2012
    Your reasonable price would be around to $23,000 (give or take a few dollors) especially because your tax is only $722. (what state do you live in..?)

I did post another reply on how to register for the Edmunds $750 rebate.. but it has been deleted. See message of the HOST.

But please do understand that it is not easy to get A RAV4 with a THIRD ROW option..

Hope this helps

All the best.
  • I have been offered V6 2WD Sport with backup camera at 27500$ OTD. It includes taxes (8.5%) and fees.

Is that a good deal in today's market?
    edited June 2012
    Hi Vivek,
    Do not know much about the cost of backup camera.

Are you getting 0% financing OR cash to customer option?

Register for Edmunds rebate BEFORE buying RAV4.
  • Thanks. I have already registered for Ed rebate.

Backup camera option is 905 MSRP.

Any opinion on how I did on my 27500 OTD?

Its probably cash to customer option. I don't know. I just haggled on OTD.
    edited June 2012
    Hi Vivek,
    There are not many clues in this forum on the RAV4 Sport suv's.

But I figured that there is a difference of approx $400 between a limited and a sport RAV4.

I am in Michigan... where Customer incentive is $1000 OR 0 % interest for 5 years car loan.

From where are you getting your loan from... (or are you having a trade-in-car and paying the rest in cash... some people do that too)

I believe in California Customer cash is $750 (not sure).

Below is a copy paste from another RAV4 buyer... see if there are any clues for you on the price:

#3766 of 3793 Bought Rav4 Ltd 4WD V6 by pointx2y Jun 03, 2012 (4:34 am)
    Price paid $28k - $2500 rebates ($500+$1000+grad rbt $1000) = $25,500. Tax Tag title OTD Price $27,500. 2.25% TFS finance. The usual premium and premium plus packages.
    MSRP $31679, Invoice (as posted by dealer) $30101. There was some more room to negotiate but missed!

Submitting $750 edmunds rebate tomorrow!

Hope this helps :)
  • Here is a copy paste from another buyer..

#3766 of 3793 Bought Rav4 Ltd 4WD V6 by pointx2y Jun 03, 2012 (4:34 am)
    Price paid $28k - $2500 rebates ($500+$1000+grad rbt $1000) = $25,500. Tax Tag title OTD Price $27,500. 2.25% TFS finance. The usual premium and premium plus packages.
    MSRP $31679, Invoice (as posted by dealer) $30101. There was some more room to negotiate but missed!

Submitting $750 edmunds rebate tomorrow!

Hope this helps
  • 2112yyz2112yyz Posts: 5
    thank you for your reply practical. it is difficult for me, since i feel that is comparing apples to oranges. i don't qualify for those extra rebates and NJ's limit is 750. i'm paying all cash (of course i won't disclose till signed). and to boot i'm brand new at this. i have spent countless hours researching this & doing my homework.

i think my starting price of 27,716 is possible but not likely. my limit would be 28,127. i know V6 is not as popular as the 4-cyl. my concerns are i eliminated the $ 916 for holdback & reserve and only alloted 200 out of the 480 for TDA. Will a NJ dealer accept that and cave-in for 27,716 ??

thanks
    George
  • Thanks for the pointers. It ended up being a hoax. The salesperson emailed me again saying he made a mistake and applied the 1k rebate twice. So it turns out to be 28.5. I would hate to buy at that price.