Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cccc5cccc5 Posts: 5
    nothing yet, still looking. i've decided on an XLE with mats/roof rack. cabe (good reviews on yelp) in long beach quoted me a price of about $700 over edmund's invoice...26.7k otd. i think i can do better than that as elmore instantly said they can match. i would do $200 over invoice right now.
  • I have a hook up in New Jersey for whoever wants it. 200 over invoice on any Toyota. Just shoot me a pm.
  • ultratechultratech Posts: 117
    Truecar shows $24,233 for the XLE, so your OTD price of $26,700 sounds very close. ( about $250 over Invoice per Truecar)

I'm still undecided on Rav4 or CR-V
    is that right? on edmunds invoice is $23, 847, and the price pre ttl was $24,401.

is the crv cheaper? i was looking at the crv also but my wife likes the look of the rav4.
  • pwarner10pwarner10 Posts: 4
    Looking at purchasing one in Mississippi very soon. This is the price the car dealership is telling me. How do you determine the actual Invoice price?

MSRP - Total: $32,352.00
    Invoice?
    My price being 2.2% above invoice - $ 31,484.75
  • arora2arora2 Posts: 2
    Hello,

Looking to Purchase 2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited AWD with Navigation,Entune and Blind Spot Monitoring , what's a Fair Price for it in New Jersey?
  • stevgestevge Posts: 19
    Hi Harry I am in New Jersey. Please send the names and phone numbers of the dealer and salesman to chc9139 at nyp.org. Thanks!
    $23,976 is what Truecar shows for Invoice, inc. Dest. charge and Ad fee.

The CR-V seems to be about $500 less for comparable trim.
    At this point I'm also considering the Subaru Forester. I will go check them out this weekend and see what I decide. Keep me posted on your search.
    edited May 2013
    wow yes 25.5k would be awesome for the XLE with mats & roof racks. i bought mine yesterday for 26.5k, probably a couple hundos too much (?) but i just wanted the car before mother's day.

ultra: you should drive down to tustin for that deal!
    Congrats on your new car.
    Did you end up getting it from Cabe ?
    I went and checked the CR-V, Rav4 and Forester yesterday, and I think I will get a Rav4. Everything is so similar, that I'll go with the Looks of the Rav4.
    yes at cabe, i highly recommend them. i dealt through email exclusively and only came in to sign paperworks. you can use my price as a negotiating point. imo you can probably get a better deal if you have patience or wait til end of month. also i paid for the floor/cargo mats, maybe you can take that option off and buy somewhere else and save a lil more.
  • ultrarunrultrarunr Posts: 1
    I'm going to get my dealer to fax me his invoice, but he's saying his invoice price is $448 more than Edmunds is showing. I told him I was willing to pay 1% over invoice, which would be a net of $261 for him, but I'm not sure what that $448 difference is all about.

I guess my real question: how accurate and comprehensive are Edmunds invoice prices?

If you want more details:
    Looking at a 2013 XLE AWD with Entune and Roof rails. Edmunds invoice is 26126... my dealer says his invoice is 26574.20.

There's also a 54.10 state emissions tax (I'm in PA) and a $224 reg/title fee, which I'm assuming are non-negotiable, but maybe not?

Thanks in advance.
  • Non-negotiable because they are dmv state charges. Jesus you people are unreal. Far as the invoice. Edmonds states it varies. It's regional, and also depends on the build of the vehicle. If the dealer is willing to show you the invoice, it's legit. Stop with the paranoia.
    go to thecarconnection and plug in the numbers to see what kind of Invoice it shows.
  • quarksterquarkster Posts: 13
    Just remember that the "invoice" is NOT what the dealer actually ends up paying for the vehicle after holdback, dealer incentives, etc. are factored in.
  • bob_k01bob_k01 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Purchased a 2013 RAV4 XLE grey exterior, black interior, no GPS, no Etune, no floor mats, no cargo mats. $25K cash OTD at Toyota of Des Moines, IA. Only about 5-10 minutes of haggling and an overall pleasant experience.
  • slowcarslowcar Posts: 59
    Bob: can you break down the cost of the vehicle (including destination) apart from all the fees/tax....thanks. BTW, great price regardless.
  • bob_k01bob_k01 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Slowcar--the original sheet prices were:

2013 Model 4442
    MSRP: $25,690
    Floor mats/cargo mat: $225 (later taken out of the deal)
    Delivery: $845
    Tag: $25
    Document fee: $89
    Tax: (to be paid elsewhere)
    Final negotiated price out the door (minues the mats) was $25,000. That $25K includes the tag and doc fee.
  • slowcarslowcar Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Ahhhhhhh ..... 25K out the door, tax not included => that explained why your posted price seemed too low.
  • racing_s2kracing_s2k Posts: 6
    Thank you Mr. Car Dealer