Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tpthtpth Posts: 4
    RAV4 Limited with Navi $30,400 OTD with $1000 rebate (new grad and MFR). Is this a good deal?
  • james_atljames_atl Posts: 1
    I did about 20 hours of research and contacted all the Atlanta metro dealers with a clear message I was ready to buy and have cash. Two dealers replied with competitive offers.

I bought a 2013 RAV4 FWD Limited June 29th (no additional options) for $26121.78 including all dealer fees. If you're in Atlanta too that comes to $27,893.05 out the door with 6.5% tax/tag. The vehicle has the elite Toyoguard, but it was included in the dealer fee/price above because I asked for out the door quotes in my email to avoid haggling over fees.

The second best offer included floor mats for about $450 higher so 26k is a good, but not exclusive price if you're willing to put in a few hours. Happy hunting!

James
  • ncdcncdc Posts: 1
    Well done! Wish I had a dealer willing to sell me a "no option" Rav4 Limited FWD here in NC for a similar price. The only option I'm willing to pay for is the Blind Spot Monitoring. No dealer is even CLOSE to 27K OTD... which with 3% NC tax, should be possible. [sigh] :D
  • jeffnajeffna Posts: 2
    I live in Hudson County NJ and stopped by the local dealership.
    I was quoted $31,600 out the door for the limited AWD. I believe and know I can do better
    from reading past post. Any advise fellow Edmund followers?
  • tpthtpth Posts: 4
    I locked in the deal on Monday for the Limited AWD with Navigation, OTD $30,500 with $1,000 rebate from Toyota ($500 RAV4 rebate, which ended on Monday, and $500 new grad rebate). Came out to be $29,500 OTD. Will pick up next week.
  • johnnyo319johnnyo319 Posts: 12
    Picked up an AWD Blizzard Pearl with Navi and Blind Spot Monitor/Cross Traffic option for $30,623 OTD. This was a dealer trade and was driven here from another dealer.

Here is the breakdown:

Price of Vehicle: 28,665
    Tax: 1719
    New Tags + Fees: 239
    Total OTD = 30,623

MSRP: 31,405
    Edmunds Invoice: 29,315

Did not qualify for new grad rebate.
  • innjinnj Posts: 3
    To dotheadharry or anybody who got pm from dotheadharry -

In the market for Rav4 Limited. Would love to use your connection. Please email me on my gmail account - arso dot shop.

Thanks.
  • g00mbsg00mbs Posts: 2
    I pretty much have a deal locked in on a Limited with Nav+JBL+etc, Blindspot/cross traffic alert, floor matts, roof rack cross bars.

MSRP - $31,869
    Invoice - $30,153
    Our price - $29,153

They are getting some kickbacks from Toyota that add up to about $900. At least that is what it showed on the invoice. Either way, I think we got a deal.

Price with tax and fees - $32,118
    Tax is almost 9% where I am (NorCal)

Even though I paid a little more OTD than some others, I considered this a good deal.

My real question is with the Xprotect, extended warranty, and extended maintenance plan. Are they worth it? Costs I was quoted:

Xprotect = $895
    Extended Warranty (8/years) = $1950
    Extended Maintenance (5years/75K) = $1760

My first instinct is to say no to it all, but I found this forum and thought I'd ask. Need to decide tomorrow (7/16)

Thanks.
    This is what I have locked-in:

RAV4 Limited + NAV
    Floor carpet matts
    All weather matts
    Remote start
    Wheel locks

Total: $28,716 + tax (7%) + fees - 750 rebate = $30,449

Is this a good ideal?
    edited July 2013
    I believe you can get Extended Warranty anytime (perhaps within X months or so). At least, that's what I did with my Honda Ody - it should be the same for Toyota.

Please double-check with your dealer.
  • g00mbsg00mbs Posts: 2
    I will, but I'm guessing I won't get it. The deal always is, if you buy it now, it is cheaper and discounted :)
  • What was msrp striker price?
  • lovelexus1lovelexus1 Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    I've pretty much got a deal locked in for 2013 Rav4 Limited with Navigation

Deal: $28,200 OTD inc tax and tag
    Price of car would be around $26,050 if I take out the tax and tag.
    MSRP: 28,955

They are throwing in Navigation along with all the other standards of the vehicle. Is this a good deal or can it be better?
  • jpatrick2jpatrick2 Posts: 17
    That's about 10% off MSRP. I'd call that a great deal..Go for it!!
  • 2013 limited AWD, no navi
    Deal: 27,335
    Doc fees: 151
    Tax 1,913
    OTD: 29,400

MSRP of 29,947

Good deal?
  • bonnanobonnano South CarolinaPosts: 9
    edited July 2013
    Just bought a 2012 RAV 4 2WD with 13K Says its a base model but has Sport Wheels, Moon Roof, BT, Leather, Fog Lamps, Roof Rails, Could not find another that was not a 4WD in the price Range within 150 miles. Did not like the 2013 changes.

Paid $21,500 plus $300 tax which I thought was $1000 too high. But we could not find one with low miles with the same equipment. We could have bought the base 2013 for $1400 more but the wife preferred the room under the back floor and cubby holes of the old style.

This time she wanted some bells and whistles. We had tried to buy it before and the dealer would not budge. So we decided to offer $1000 under NADA/KBB since we keep cars for 5 years or more.
    She had a 2006 we sold. (It had been in a bad wreck (>$10,000 damage) Carfax was a mess, so the dealers were offering $6000 ACV. We put it on CL along with the VIN number and accident information (30K ago) sold it for $9500.
  • jw90jw90 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    HI, This sounds like a very good deal. Can you advise of the dealership's name, salesman's name and location ? I am in the market. Thank you.
  • Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host - Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• wefitwefit Posts: 7
    Just purchased a Rav4 XLE FWD for 22707(car+freight+ 750 financing rebate for graduated student) + Title, Taxes and dealership fees. Out the door price worked out to be $23481.40.

Car also comes with floor/cargo mats and roof rack cross bars.

Bought in Northern Virginia.

Dealership was willing to go pick up the car from another dealership since they didn't have the color combination I wanted.
  • yessigyessig Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hi everyone,

i received a quote for an xle awd- $26,000 otd. (i live in nj) would this be considered a good deal?

thank you in advance for your responses.