Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    newhonnewhon Member Posts: 4
    RAV4, V4 Limited, AWD, with sunroof and day runing light :) Just order a Rav4 as shown above @ $24,500.- Incl 5% sale tax & TTL, will pick up tomorrow.
  • Options
    phillyfrontierphillyfrontier Member Posts: 17
    My wife and I just got a 07 RAV4 V6 Ltd 4x4 with JBL, moonroof, daytime lights, floor mats and a thrown in chrome tail pipe MSRP 29073 for $26,998 plus tax out of New Holland toyota. Price was quoted via email. No hassles. Very professional. Worked on the trade in. I went to New Holland on a co-workers recommendation, and very glad I did. We went to two closer dealerships, and could not stand the hassle. Note to other sales managers:, the fact you smell like an ash tray, does not help your smooth (grease ball) talk. New Holland quoted the price w/o having it on the lot, but was able to get the vehicle in 3 days. I cannot emphasize the "no hassle" sale enough. Salesman even programmed our phones to work with the Blue tooth when we picked it up.
  • Options
    kitlandkitland Member Posts: 4
    phillyfrontier: What a nice find!

Do you also get the leather seat? Our sales told us that the moonroof and leather seat come in one package. He also told us that V6 Limited are very hard to find, almost impossible.

Anyway, I will want the 3rd row, and the remote start is a must for me with the baby in the winter. So I might not get the same as you did. Any, congratulation and enjoy the driving.
  • Options
    lirlir Member Posts: 81
    pvsurfer - if you don't mind the drive, Bingham Toyota in Fresno/Clovis has what you want. They have a blizzard pearl and a silver. It took me months to find what I wanted, almost gave up. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    jayjay7jayjay7 Member Posts: 5
    That's a good price. If you didn't get the leather with it, that can run you anywhere from $1600 - $1900. I added leather after-factory and heated seats. They are separate. If you add leather, you don't necessarily get heated seats. Then, I added Sirius which I hear can run $550 - $100. Mine was about $580. My whole OTD package:

Premium wheels, leather and heated seats (and panels), moonroof, V6 blah blah blah (It's the Ltd w/top of the line package so you get all the goods), premium JBL stereo w/Bluetooth, processing fee, taxes, tags, Sirius was $31K even. Also, it had 1 mi on it. It was a 'partial delivery' which means it was on the list to come in and I put a deposit on it so when it came it, no one else got to test it.

To another poster, leather and moonroof do not go hand in hand. Not sure what that salesguy is trying to say. Mine came w/o leather as mentioned above and I added it later and it already had the moonroof.
  • Options
    newhonnewhon Member Posts: 4
    I found that there is no power assit steer when the car stops though engine is runing, Is this the new feature? :confuse: I used to dirve a Accord, you can trun steer wheel easily even when it is not moving, I think it is especially when you need to park into a small space.
  • Options
    new2toynew2toy Member Posts: 2
    Hi all. Bought 07 RAV 4 v6 4x4 sport 2 weeks ago in SE Virginia for 28,100 OTD. Came w/ the JBL 6-cd upgrade, sunroof, mats, nets, tonneau, and 1st aid kit. This is my first Toyota, first SUV, and first new car this millenium. One happy owner here.

Been monitoring Edmunds for a few months now and see that the MSRP, invoice, and TMV prices for the vehicle keep increasing for the area--curious.
  • Options
    javatechiejavatechie Member Posts: 11
    I purchased my 07 RAV4 4WD 4-cyl from Toyota of Wellesley MA with following Options
    17" STYLED STEEL WHEELS
    DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS
    5-PIECE CARPET FLOOR & CARGO MATS
    MUDGUARDS
    ROOF RACK
    REAR BUMPER APPLIQUE
    OTD Price = 21,350 (Includes Doc Fee of $200) + MA sales tax + Lic plates

The Edmunds & Costco Invoice price with the above options comes to 21,422 So mine was $72 below invoice. (Edmunds does not have the prices of Rear Bumper Appliqué, Mudguards & 5 Piece Carpets & Cargo mats listed)

I negotiated all the prices over phone. Initially got the COSTCO pricing from Toyota of Nashua NH. They gave a competitive price $20,422. But the dealer was too far from my place and I preferred to buy it from a MA dealer

Distance is a criterion as I have to travel twice. Once for signing the contract and again for taking delivery of the vehicle.

Also buying a car from other state has the hassle of taking the car for a State inspection.

Got the List of nearby dealers from Toyota site and called up 7 of Toyota dealers and asked for quotes. With the COSTCO price as base, tried to negotiate the prices down and the whole process took just 2 hrs.

The OTD price from the following 4 MA dealers were close to the invoice
    Woburn Toyota 21,400
    Herb Chambers Toyota Of Boston 21,350
    Toyota Of Wellesley 21,450
    Boch Toyota 21,388

Rest of the dealers were around $400 to $600 more than COSTCO invoice.

I initially went to Herb Chambers and asked if he can further bring down the price a little. The Internet sales Manager was very rude and told me to either take or drop it. I was irritated and didn’t want to deal with them anymore for any price and walked out.

I headed next to Toyota of Wellesley and told the sales man that I will sign the contract right away if he reduces his price by $100 and gives it at $21,350. He agreed and in 30 min’s the deal was complete.

The total time I spent over phone and at the dealerships would be around 3 hrs. The max discount that I could have got more had I negotiated further would be 80 to 100 $ but it is not worth the time & effort.

My overall experience at Toyota of Wellesley was good and I am pleased with the price I got.

I have driven the vehicle for 750 miles and it is very smooth. The only issue, I am 6ft 2 in tall and the seating does not have a lower back support.
  • Options
    pvsurferpvsurfer Member Posts: 50
    1st, congrats on your new Toy!

What do you mean by 'Costco Invoice'? :confuse:

As a Costco member, they referred me to a nearby Toyota dealer who showed me his Toyota Invoice and told me Costco's deal was $500 over that invoice.
  • Options
    dan bitmandan bitman Member Posts: 158
    what are the sales taxes for MA?
    thanks,
    dan
  • Options
    kvenanzikvenanzi Member Posts: 5
    Best price I'm receiving on the same Rav is 21800. Base 4wd and the same options. I'm in philadelphia/allentown area in PA. They say that it is actually $100 below their invoice. Just what is an accurate invoice price? It seems to vary.
  • Options
    freetobefreetobe Member Posts: 1
    I have seen quite a few in the midwest (minneapolis) area.
    same as the sport model.....as of mid december....
  • Options
    evergreenevergreen Member Posts: 213
    kvenanzi......you are correct about the invoice varying. The Toyota invoice the deaers see is, basically, the Edmunds invoice + $10 for gas + $300-$600 for TDA(Advertising.) The TDA is a function of several factors. It is a function of the MSRP (higher MSRP=higher TDA,) the Toyota Region and the specific city within the Region. If you are dealing with the Sales Manager or Internet person, they will tell you what the TDA fee is if you ask them. If you ask to see the invoice, it is easy to find. Most floor salesmen probably don't know much about it.
  • Options
    Costco invoice is similar to edmunds invoice. The Invoice price of some of the accessories like floor mats that are not there in edmunds are available here.

http://www.costcoauto.com/carresearch/

Had a typo in my prev mail the COSTCO price should have been $21,422 and not $20,422
  • Options
    MA sales tax is 5%
  • Options
    regardnerregardner Member Posts: 2
    I bought a Honda, but it hasn't arrived at the dealer yet. Yesterday, I saw a commercial for Westchester Toyota (NY) that they would pay $3000 for any tradein. Since my 2nd choice was a rav4 & since I have a worthless clunker (1992 Accord 147K, fair shape) I went there today to see if they would honor their advertised offer.

After some hesitation (feigned?) they offered to sell me the car I wanted, 2.4 front wheel drive for, what they said was, MSRP (22465) + 465 dealer prep - 3000 (tradein) + t&l. It comes with about 560 in options such as roof rack, steel wheels, carpet mats & daytime running lights that the salesman claims you have to get with any rav4. OTD, at most, would be about 20.5K+t&l, as my tradein is probably worth, at most $500.

So, I have to decide by tomorrow whether to try to cancel the contract for the honda. The honda dealer offered me 500 tradein for my heap. Since the rav4 was a very close second in preference, if the toyota dealer is really giving me at least 1000 tradein, I'd prefer to buy the rav4.

I appreciate any advice you folks can give me. Thanks.
  • Options
    jimdrewjimdrew Member Posts: 84
    Sport and love the car mainly for it's horsepower and great mileage...if you are talking 4 cyl here...go with the Honda....even if you pay more.

Jimmy Drew
  • Options
    phillyfrontierphillyfrontier Member Posts: 17
    phillyfrontier: What a nice find!

Do you also get the leather seat? Our sales told us that the moonroof and leather seat come in one package. He also told us that V6 Limited are very hard to find, almost impossible.

Anyway, I will want the 3rd row, and the remote start is a must for me with the baby in the winter. So I might not get the same as you did. Any, congratulation and enjoy the driving.

No I didn't want the leather. The sunroof is a stand alone option. V6 limited are scarce, and we thought we would wait 6 weeks, but gave the salesman a couple of color options and bam, he had it there in 3 days. Our second choice color being the pacific blue (which we got), turned out to be a lot nicer than the darker blue. The 3rd row may add to the difficulty to find one. My opinion though is to stay away from the 3rd seat, it is really only big enough for a 10 year old. The space under the floor is big and useable.
    I noticed on another forum, people are slamming the price, but price is only a part of having a satisfied purchase. This was the cheapesy of the 3 closest Toyota quotes and the least hassle by far. Plus we got more on the trade, and added the college rebate at the end.
  • Options
    parnishaparnisha Member Posts: 1
    I wish I was in DC! I was shopping in NYC for V6 Limited 4x4 with Leather, Moonroof and JBL in Pacific Blue. Contacted about 15 dealers around here from Brooklyn, Long Island, New Jersey. Brooklyn and NJ did not take me seriously, kept playing games. One dealer in Long Island asked me to put down $500 deposit and they promised to find what I need with a $500 over invoice price tag. That sounded fishy, since there was no car to reserve, just a promise... The best quote I got in Brooklyn was $1000 over invoice. About a week of chatting with local dealers turned out to be useless and the dealer's games annoyed me. Luckily, I was closely watching the Fitzmall inventory on daily basis and at the beginning of December they got a decent increase in their inventory, including just the car I was looking for at a good price of $200 over invoice + 99 adv fee. The delivered internet price on fitzmall was 28,188 + 99 adv fee. I immediately put down $100 to reserve the car, which is currently on the boat from Japan, should arrive within a week or two. For me, it is much easier to drive 240 miles from NYC to fitzmall, DC than waste my time arguing with tri-state area dealers.
  • Options
    hanhtranhanhtran Member Posts: 11
    MSRP 25039.58, and you were able to purchase it for 22,500 + ttl? extra 500 is for dealer fees. were there any rebates? i can only find a msrp for 24500 2wd/base/v6 for around 22,500 but not msrp as high as yours. do you have aim? i would like to talk to you, email hanh_tran60@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    khbushkhbush Member Posts: 19
    Msrp 22885
    0ptions+del and handling 140,200,220,40,+695 totals 24180
    carpet mats 139
    toyogard 699
    fuel surcharge 21.28
    total 25039.28
    paid 22014.28
    dealer fee 499.50
    total less ttl 22513.78
  • Options
    hanhtranhanhtran Member Posts: 11
    and to confirm, this is a 2wd/base/v6 correct?
  • Options
    khbushkhbush Member Posts: 19
    Correct its a v6 2wd base
  • Options
    jinman1jinman1 Member Posts: 1
    What is the right purchase price for 2007 RAV4 4X4 Base V6 7-seater no options in Northwest (seattle, WA)?

I have heard people say that now RAV4 are in stock and they are going below invoice - is that true ?
  • Options
    banjolaya1banjolaya1 Member Posts: 88
    Sorry to burst your bubble but not really. Believe it or not, that's one of the first things the salesman told me at the begining of the negotiating process. "We are not going to sell you this RAV4 at invoice." You know, maybe you could get some other cars on the lot (Camry, 4Runner or any other that comes with rebate, meaning it's a slow seller) but RAV4 sells. And it sells pretty darn well and fast. I found that Toyotathon doesn't mean anything when it comes to RAV4 (no price breaks) or the fact that it is end of year and sales quotas need to be met... No help. No pricebreaks. In the end, it is you and the salesman. If you're good, you'll get a "decent" price. Please note - I didn't say a killer deal. I found the negotiation to be just as difficult as any other day.
  • Options
    gadgetgirlgadgetgirl Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

I'm posting this info in case it helps someone...I just purchased my 2007 RAV4 4x2 Sport V6. Here's the configuration:

FE - 50 State Emissions
    EJ - JBL AM/FM 6-Disc, In-Dash CD Changer
    CD - Tonneau Cover
    RL - Daytime Running Lights
    SR - Moonroof
    Z1 - Preferred Accessory Package (Mats, etc.)

Color: Flint Mica

I e-mailed and spoke with several San Diego dealers. All of them offered $500 over invoice. No negotiations on advertising fee or holdbacks. So...my price $25708 + tax, doc and license fees.

This is a huge purchase for me and I wonder if I got a good/fair price... Any opinions?

Thanks!
  • Options
    chief71chief71 Member Posts: 12
    I ended up buying a CR-V, but looked very, very hard at a RAV4. I completely agree with you about the 3rd row seat. It looks dangerous and cramped to me. One thing to also note about the 3rd row seat is that it eliminates how easy it is to fold all of the seats flat in the RAV4. To us, that was one of the biggest plusses about the RAV4 over the new CR-V. Without the 3rd row, you just pull a latch in back and wahla...the seats are flat!
  • Options
    raristotleraristotle Member Posts: 1
    I'm from Pittsburgh and was offered this price (not including taxes, etc.)? Is this a fair rate or have you done better? I'm currently in negotiations and this is what I was offered--according to the sales rep, this is $362.75 over invoice for our central atlantic region. Is this true? I plan on purchasing a Rav4 or CR-V, and if this is the best deal, I'll buy it (or renegotiate, based upon your advice).

Also, what is a good interest rate for 60 months (5 years)? I've been offered 6.9%, but I think I can do better. Thanks for your information!
  • Options
    explorzexplorz Member Posts: 3
    Gadgetgirl - I'm in San Diego also. Just bargained for a 2007 4x4 V6 Sport with all the same packaging. 26,470.00 The difference between the 4x2 and the 4x4 is about 1,500. So, I'd say you should be able to get yours for about 25,000.

Good luck. I went through my Costco deal. But you should be able to negotiate to the same thing with enough effort.
  • Options
    srdiwakarsrdiwakar Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I have quote of $23500 for base model RAV4 ( 4x4 ) with Day time running lights & 17" tyres ( the package is $520 ) I live in Detroit MI ( sales tax - 6% ).The $23500 is out of the door price including everything.I plan to buy the vehicle in this price

Is this a good deal ?Please reply & give me some opinions

Thanks
    SRD
  • Options
    th79ncth79nc Member Posts: 11
    Anybody recently bought one OR in the market for one? I just started my search and stumbled across this forum.

What prices/quotes (out the door) are you guys getting from the dealers? Im in Northern California.

I hear toyota offers a New College Graduate Rebate/Discount Program. Should I mention the discount when requesting for quotes or mention this towards the end of the negotiation process so they dont kick out any other discounts?
  • Options
    Hi Explorz,

Thanks for the info. Have you picked it up yet? What color did you get?

Happy New Year!
  • Options
    Hey there Gadgetgirl,

I haven't picked it up yet. I had to order it as the v6 4x4 is not very available in San Diego. It should be a few months. I am in Korea working and won't be back until Mid Feb when it should be rolling in.

I got Silver. I love the flint Mica but I live on a dirt road and I like the resale value of Silver which does not show scratches or dirt as wasily as the darker colors. the Pacific Blue was a favorite also. But I think the Silver is classy.
  • Options
    th79nc....I am in Central Oregon and still shopping. The Coscto dealer in Salem gave me a price of $500 below MSRP and the Costco dealer in Bend was $1400 below MSRP. The Costco dealer in Torrance, Ca., was $500 over Toyota invoice. Same for the dealer in Denver. I haven't gotten around to checking out who the Costco dealer is in Sacramento. I am also getting a bid from the fleet manager at our local Hertz outlet. I should hear back from him next week. Fitzmall in Maryland is $200 over invoice and is the price standard as far as I am concerned. If I can get that price somewhere out west, I would jump on it. I am also in the process of selling my wife's car which will be replaced by the RAV.

I suggest you get the best price and then mention the college rebate. That probably comes from Toyota so the dealer should pass that on automatically regardless of the deal you make.
  • Options
    Wow, Korea! That sounds cool. Do you speak any Korean? I hope you're able to see the sights and play tourist.

Were you able to test drive a V6 before you ordered it?

I liked the Classic Silver, too. It was a tough choice. The Flint Mica looked too sweet to pass up. I guess I'll have to wash/wax mine more often. lol
  • Options
    wytmanwytman Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 4cyl, fwd Limited in the silver metallic - only real option is the sunroof (I don't count floor mats) on December 20th at my local Toyota dealer in Elgin, IL. $23,200 plus tax & title. I dickered for a loooooonnnnng time.
  • Options
    Yep I drove the 4 and 6 Sport. The 4 had good power but it was louder than the 6 and the engine was clearly working harder. When I drove the 6, there was no choice but to go with it. And with such a negligable difference in mileage, the 6 was a no brainer for me. So much oomph and when carrying a load up hills, I want the power to pass if I want to with no issues. I'm looking forward to the handling of the sport with the power of the 6. I might just be a danger out there on the road.

I have a 1993 V6 4runner right now and the thing is just a pig going up long hills and a litle sluggish from the start.

I don't speak Korean and I'm pretty solidly working while I'm here so not a lot of sightseeing to be done. And to be honest, not a lot to see in Korea in the winter. So, when I get a break I head down to Thailand or Vietnam to play in the warmer climates. In fact I'm off to Vietnam in the morning for 7 days.

But I'm really jonesing to get back and pick up the new Rav in mid February!!
  • Options
    flyordriveflyordrive Member Posts: 1
    We purchased the same silver met. auto minus the mudguards and bumper applique in late Oct. Advise adding the mudguards. Solicited quotes thru Edmond's and pleased with Butler in Indianapolis. $21315 + tax and fees. Totaled about $22650. The best part of the deal was absolutely NO haggling. The papers were ready when we walked into the dealership on a Wednesday for the first time. We signed and drove away. Didn't even give them a dime until the following week. I've had more hassle purchasing a riding mower at the hardware store. The base model is great for us. Has all a low mileage (approx 7000 mi/yr) driver needs, except the mudguards.
  • Options
    clementiclementi Member Posts: 1
    Just received email from a deal on Long Island, is this true?

Got an email quote from another dealer on 4WD base V6, 3rd row, price 25,302, roof rack, DRL. How's the price?
  • Options
    moe16moe16 Member Posts: 4
    Wytman-

Going to Elgin tonight for same model. Did $23,200 include the destination charge of $645?

Thx-

moe
  • Options
    zymaszymas Member Posts: 3
    Just bought in Arlington, VA

OTD: $27,790

Silver Rav4 with FE, EJ, RL, SR, TO, DK, Z1

Used Fighting Chance package, but due to high demand, got little interest (only 20% of solicited dealers responded). Definitely would use the fax method in the future, though. Treated very well by Koons.

Thank you to all here who posted helpful information!
  • Options
    Please, when talking about price, give us MSRP for the vehicle you're talking about and the purchase price (or quoted price) for the vehicle. With or without options. I must say that OTD price doesn't mean anything to many people. Who knows what the dealer fees are, tax and things like that. When you say - I got a quote - 500 below/over/under/whatever invoice, that doesn't mean much again. Who's invoice? Dealer invoice (holdback taken out) or invoice-invoice (like one you get on Edmunds).
    Toyota RAV4 come with so many different options (some of them not even listed on Edmunds) that it's very difficult when you just say - I just bought Sport V6 2X4 for, say, 24562 OTD. If I go to the dealership they might have different options and if I say - but some people got it for 24562 everybody would laugh. "Maybe that's basic stripped, no option model but take a look at this beautiful RAV4 we have on our lot, it can be yours for only 25332..."
  • Options
    Hi Explorz,

Happy New Year!

Thailand and Vietnam sound interesting, too. Hope you get a chance to travel there.

I love driving mine and I'm glad that I bought the V6--great acceleration.

May your RAV4 be perfect and waiting for you when you return.
  • Options
    I bought mine just one day after Xmas at Mark Miller Toyota in Salt Lake City, Ut. For you that might be in market in this area, here are some numbers for you. I hope they'll be helpful to you and help you get a good deal you'll be happy with.
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................: $24285.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    Cargo Area Tonneau Cover with .............. 140.00
    Multipurpose Cargo Net with Support Poles
    AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer w/ 6 ....... 200.00
    Speakers, and MP3 / WMA Playback Capability
    Black Roof Rails & Crossbars ............... 220.00
    17" 5-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels .......... 440.00
    w/P225/65R17 Tires and Full Size Spare .....
    Tire on 17" Steel Wheel ....................
    Daytime Running Lights ..................... 40.00
    Towing Prep Package - V6 3,500lb. Towing ... 160.00
    Capacity - Includes Upgrade Radiator, Fan ..
    Coupling, Alternator, and Pre-Wiring ......
    Rear Bumper Applique ....................... 75.00
    Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mat ................ 199.00
    ---------
    Total
    Accessories ...........................: $1474.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 645.00

Total .......................................:$ 26404.00

I also asked for 3rd party leather seats ...........:$ 1295.00
    Total-Total MSRP.............................:$ 27699.00

Invoice (as per Edmunds, MSN Auto & Consumer Reports): $24860.00 (includes leather)
    I got it for: $25983.00 (1123 OVER invoice, but 1761 UNDER MSRP).
    Now if you can get a better deal more power to you but I am not sure about those claims of $500 over invoice, near invoice, etc. Don't get shocked when you go to negotiate, keep in mind that RAV4 doesn't have any rebates or incentives and the dealership might not be ready to cut you a killer deal. My negotiations weren't too bad but they weren't easy either. The year end bonus didn't apply to RAV4's. Toyotathon didn't apply to RAV4's. So, I wish you good luck. Remember, negotiate for fun, not for savings and you'll have a good time. (And save too.)
    If you do your homework first...
  • Options
    More information about my recent RAV4 purchase.

Purchased this week:
    (2007 RAV4 Ltd 4WD V6)...............................MSRP....Dealer Cost
    Vehicle Base Model.....................................$26,420.00...$23,249.00
    50 State Emissions (FE).....................................$0.00............$0.00
    JBL AM/FM 6-Disc In Dash CD Changer (EJ).....$640.00........$480.00
    Daytime Running Lights (RL).............................$40.00...........$32.00
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade (SR)......$900.00.........$720.00
    Towing Prep Package(TO)..............................$160.00..........$128.00
    Preferred Accessory Package. (Z1).................$277.00..........$181.00
    Preferred Owner”s Portfolio. (DK).......................$0.00..............$6.00
    Total Accessories.......................................$2,017.00.......$1,547.00
    Destination Charge.......................................$645.00..........$645.00
    TDA.(mandatory Toyota advertising).....................................$488.00
    Gasoline........................................$10.00
    Dealer Holdback.................................................................$528.00- - - - -
    Wholesale Financial Reserve...............................................$264.00
    Total...........................................................$29,082.00... $26,731.00
    Dealer cost minus H & WFR...........................................$25,939.00
    My negotiated cost.........................................................$25,924.00
    TTL....................................$1,866.52
    OTD.......................................................................... .....$27,790.52
  • Options
    zymas....That is one heck of a deal...$3158 below MSRP. That is about $1000 less than the Fitzmall price. Congratulations. Did you have to negotiate for this price or was this their offer when you sent them your "Fighting Chance" fax/e-mail? Was this a special order, dealer swap, or a car on the lot?
  • Options
    I used the Fighting Chance fax to 15 dealerships across the DC metro area. When Koons replied, they were hesitant to give me firm figures, but did offer to beat any other OTD price by $300. They held true to their promise when I came back to them with the lowest price I had received from all the other dealerships. They didn't have a vehicle in a color I was happy with at first, but were able to identify one that was at the port, so I only had to wait a couple days before picking it up.
    It is a great deal, but I simply made it clear that I had other good options and that I was aware that they had other interests than simply this sale, like year end targets, CSI figures, dealership targets, etc...
    The only time I set foot in a dealership was weeks earlier to test drive the RAV4.
  • Options
    Very good zymas! I hope you'll enjoy your car as much as I enjoy mine.
  • Options
    tkliustklius Member Posts: 3
    A few weeks ago (12/4/06), I posted a final negotiated cost of $28,000 in Evergreen. I'm picking up the vehicle tomorrow -- here's my info:

Base LTD 4WD V6 Invoice : $24,041 (forget which source I pulled for this price)

Leather, Moonroof, 6-CDs, Htd Seats, Daytime Lights, Auto Dimming Mirror (DIO), Tow prep, carpeted mats: $2,950 invoice on options

est 2% holdback: $617

Wholesale reserve (using zymas estimate, though may be slightly diff): $264

Ad fees (again using zymas estimate): $488

Dlr profit: $750 estimated

Destination: $645

Dealer cost (minus profit, h-back, reserve): $27,250 est.
    Negotiated cost (not includ. TTL): $28,000
  • Options
    captain8captain8 Member Posts: 26
    Hi there -

I was just offered $24,500 for a 2007 RAV 4 Sport, 6 Cylinder, Front Wheel Drive at Hanlee Toyota in Richmond, CA. I got the impression that I could go lower on that, but wasn't prepared to buy today.

Is that a good price? Thanks in advance.

Captain8