Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• We are looking for a RAV4 sport 4-cyl. I've contacted quite a few dealers and the best price I can find is 300 over invoice. One dealer did not have the 06 in the color we wanted, but had just got in an 07. He finally agreed to give us the 07 at 300 over invoice.

What do you think, is that the best price I will be able to get? We had planned to buy the car tomorrow.

In june I bought a v6 Ford Mustang at 500 under invoice so I was hoping to get the RAV4 under invoice not over.

I live in the San Francisco Bay area.

Thanks,
    Diane
  • Diane,

Please read my comments regarding color selection. RAV4s are hard to get if you are looking for a specific color and trim. I needed the blue in a "limited". My wife insisted on electronic adjustable seats which are only available in the limited. The best I could do is $500 over invoice and will have to wait 30-60 days until the 07 in my color and trim is available. Your deal sounds reasonable. When you spend 23,000 for a new car, I don't see the sense of haggling over a couple of hundred dollars. The 07 has more standard equipment so it all works out in the long run. If you don't mind getting a base model and color is not an issue, you might get a better deal.

Chuck from FL
  • anolinanolin Posts: 2
    I'd always heard that car manufacturer "family plans" are not really great deals -- that you could get to the same number with a little haggling. But, with an in-demand vehicle as the 06-07 RAV4, I may have to take advantage of this price:

2007 RAV4 LTD 4x4 V6
    Dealer Price = $23,249.00
    Delivery Allowance Program Adjustment = -$264.00
    Calculated Base Cost = $22,985.00

..what do you think?
  • jimd4jimd4 Posts: 877
    For an 07 that is a good price for the next few months I would guess. If you could find a 2006 you might get it undr invoice by a few hundred. But may not be worth it if want to seel in 3 yrs or something due to being "last years model" in a way.
    Someone is fibbing if you are "buying" a RAV4 V6 limited for that price unless it totally stripped which is unusual
  • anolinanolin Posts: 2
    Again, this is under the "Associates/Family Purchase" plan. Still too good to be true?
    Just check the RAV4 Spec sheet. I know in 2006, only the driver seat was power in Limited.
    if you can get it for that price, buy it!
  • I am not sure about other parts of the country, but I live in Las Vegas. We "special ordered" our 2006 RAV4 Limited 4WD V6 in Nautical Blue with leather interior on July 1. After MUCH hassle and incorrect information we now have a black w/cloth interior. Turns out you can't special order a car because Toyota only provides what is popular in the region you live. Our dealership (Desert Toyota - never will I buy from them again) didn't tell us this until 8 weeks after we ordered. They only place 2 orders a month and they can request specific colors and options but it's no guarantee. You get what the manufacurer gives you. The RAVS specifically are manufactured in Japan. So you get a better car mechanically, at least that's my opinion, but the color choices? Forget about it. Nautical Blue isn't even offered anymore and I REALLY wanted that colr.

Good luck! Maybe your region is different than mine! :-)
  • Thanks everyone for the responses. It’s great that we have these forums where we can get information we need before we make major decisions! The price by Anolin is very helpful. That's the best price I've seen but not that much lower than what I've been quoted. These RVA4s apparently are hard to wiggle with. They appear to sell themselves and the dealers know it. No rebates, no incentives. We could have gotten the Santa Fe for around $20,000 ($3,000 cash back) but you get what you pay for. The ride sucked and he fuel economy of the RAV4 much better and is the key as well as quality and ride. So, I'll wait for my special order. I actually called the dealer today and expanded my choices to include the V6. The fuel consumption is supposedly not much more than the 4. In the meantime, I’m going to checkout the redesigned CRV. That's going to be pricy as well as probably another long wait till get what I want.
    Just remember, you don't realy special order any RAV4 with Toytoa. You get what the dealer can get. And also, it looks like after this week, no more 2006 are arriving in the USA, just 2007.
  • We just bought our first Toyota, which is a 2006 Rav 4 v6 4WD Limited. We got it for $25850, and it included a tow prep package, and a few other things like the mats and stuff. Is that a decent price? I'm always afraid I'm going to feel ripped off after I buy a car. I wanted a different color, but it seemed like the only colors in my area were silver in the V6, and the dealer was honest with me in the fact that they could put a "request" in for one, but that doesn't mean they'll get it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to driving it, I've heard a lot of good things.....
  • I don't know what part of the U.S. you live in but that is a good price. Was that before or after the taxes? We ended up paying $28,000 BEFORE taxes and that was after talking them down 2 grand. They are not making any deals. We did get a good amount on our trade though. They offered 7200 but we would not budge under 10,000.
  • I paid $25600.00 for the RAV4 V6 Sport with moon roof and jbl and mats and side airbags and the cover for the back...but, they gave me at least $1500.00 more than anyone else for my trade...I was happy...I love the V6 sport....hate the dealership (King Toyota in Deerfield) as they tried to rip me off with extras...

Jimmy Drew
  • We also got the side curtain airbags, JBL, mats, moonroof, cargo net and cover, rear bumper aplique, tow prep. The funny part is we had a huge nightmare with the "special order" that doesn't even exist, and they tried to offer us a 1 year free maintenance for "compensation". Turns out they were offering that to ALL purchases for the month of August. Just goes to show how much they lie to make a sale!
  • You can never trust the dealerships.They are out to make money. Your only hope is to get out with your shirt still on. I just got a call that the Pacific Blue is available after all. My deal was $500 over invoice +++. If you can get a better deal that's great but these RAV4s sell themsleves and there is no rebates or incentives.
  • I'm looking for RAV4, 4x4, base model, v4 with the 3rd row seat option in Kansas City, MO. Walked away from one dealer who still wanted $1000 over invoice. I can only find one other like it in stock at a dealer in the state. With the 2007's arriving in a month, will dealers still be getting in new supplies of the '06's, or will that start to drop off? I feel like I stand a better chance of getting a good deal on an '06 than an '07, if I can find what I want.
    2006 is over except what is coming in this week. Dealers are getting and selling 2007 now. At www.fitzmall.com prices for 2007 and 06 are only a few hundred apart.

If you do build and price on RAV4 at Toyota main site and use zip 34423 you will see SE region cars in or coming in. 2006 is down to two from almost 900 3 weeks ago. 2007 was 210 a week ago and is down to 88 this AM. By the way, 3rd very hard to find.

Fly to Md and drive your RAV4 home from Fizmall and save $1200 less airfare and gas. You will still be $1000 ahead.

Lots of people have done it here.

Good luck
  • I saw a 4cyl with 3rd row last week at Reinhardt Toyota in Montgomery AL (www.reinhardttoyota.com). Their inventory shows it as a 2wd version.
  • If you are willing to take an '06 and pick a car from the dealer's lot you can work out a great deal. I just got an '06 Rav4 Sport V6 with side air bags, 6 disc stereo (not the JBL one), floor mats, and the cargo tonneau (spelling?) for $73 over invoice.

Granted I had to walk out of the dealership to get the price but in the end I did get my price. ;)

However the dealer tried to tell me the mats and tire cover weren't included in the price (dealers can be such pricks sometimes). Luckly the sticker had the floor mats on there and I simply showed them the car's std features for the tire cover.
  • We just got a 2006 Base AWD for $21560 in Everglade Metalic but some of the options were not listed here for invoice pricing.

We got
    DR Roof Rails and Cross Bars
    AA Styled Wheels
    GY Curtain Air Bags
    RL Daytime Running Lights
    CF Floor Mats
    MF Mudgard
    EF Rear Bumper Applique

I didn't see info on the MF and EF

I think we got a good deal but I guess you are never quite sure until it's all said and done.

matt
  • I think you got a good deal ... it seems better than what I got.
    I got a base 4cyl 4wd, silver metalic, with same options except I got the all weather rubberized floor mats and rear cargo liner, but didn't get the MF or EF.
    My price was $22,500.
    So I think you're price is pretty good. Wish I would have held out for lower.
    So this is an internet offer I got roughly 12 hours after I sent it out. I think the price is pretty good. They do have a high processing fee of $275 but overall not a bad deal I would say. They only have one Sport V6 in stock. Dealer is in MA. This is the lowest price I got so far by about $800.

I took out the sales person's name. I think it is ok to post the rest of the info here.

Dear Jim,
    My name is XXXXXXXX Internet Sales Manager with Expressway Toyota.

It is my pleasure to inform you that we have your new 2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 4wd, available that you requested; MSRP is $27933 and invoice is $25601. the Rav4 Sport V6 4wd only comes with preset (or "married") option(s) from the factory. this is how they will come for the entire region.

This Rav4 Sport V6 4wd includes these Additional Options, in addition to standard features:
    50 State Emissions
    AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer w/ 6 Speakers, and MP3 / WMA Playback Capability
    Daytime Running Lights
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade
    Towing Prep Package - V6 3,500lb. Towing Capacity - Includes Upgrade Radiator, Fan Coupling, Alternator, and Pre-Wiring
    Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mat
    Mudguard

Your internet price is $25244 (rebate included in offer! - see below for more info!)

Things to Know about your request: This white V6 rav4 is instock and ready for IMMEDIATE delivery. I've fully discounted this vehicle $2689 from the MSRP!!! Call now, others are receiving this same offer as we speak - dont delay!!
  • Hi Diana,

Where in SF did you get your 07 rav 4 sport 4 cyl $300 over invoice? And how much did it cost you? Would you know if they have more in stock and available colors, or did they have to order yours?

I live in monterey.

Thanks.

Rey
  • We got the base model (Everglade Mist color I think is what they called it...)(4 cyl.) with roof rack, spash guards, 17 Steel wheels, Taneau cover for $21,100. The dealership here in Central Ohio had 9 on the lot with only two base models, one sport and the rest were all Limited with varied options. THey gave us a good amount for our trade in and were nothing but great. This is our first Toyota. When we saw it at the Auto Show we loved the bigger size and decided that this was what we would get. So far (600 miles on it) we are averaging 24.8 mpg with about 60% city and 40% highway. I guess I was hoping for a tad better mileage.
    2006 is over, the only 2006 you will get is what you or your dealer can find. Third row very hard to find I think
  • We are looking to trade in our 2003 RAV4 4x2 base model. We recently test drove (in Massachusetts) a 2006 Everglade Metallic RAV4 4WD V6 with the all of the standard options, plus 3rd row seats, tow package, Curtain and side airbags. We loved the power of the V6. The MSRP was $26,369 and they have gone down to $24,394. They are also offering us $13,500.00 for our '03 rav 4 with 32,000 miles on it. We only paid $17,500 4 years ago. I think this is very good deal...Any thoughts?
  • Wow. That sounds like a good deal to me. That is the color we have. We have only seen one other in that color in our area.
  • We ended up buying it, will be picking it up on Friday. We worked the price a couple hundred lower. Can't wait to actually get it home. I didn't think we needed the V6, but after test driving both 4 and the 6 back to back, there was no choice. The V6 has great power and living in New England with crazy weather and even crazier drivers, I realized the V6 4wd was the way to go!