Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rahthrahth Posts: 1
    Hi All,

So I was hoping someone on this board could advise me regarding price quotes for RAV 4's. I had one specced out by a car dealership for a Limited Edition 2.4 liter 4 cyclinder 4x4 with front and side airbags with a moonroof. The final internet quote was for 25,303 including destination charge. Excluding however tax title and doc fee's. Is this a good price for this model or am I being ripped off. I'm located in Jersey and buying this car from a local dealership. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

R.
  • lirlir Posts: 81
    Look up the exact invoice with the specific options on Edmund's. The price sounds high to me. You're not too far from MD - fitzmall sells them for $200 over invoice. Good luck!
  • jimdrewjimdrew Posts: 84
    Well watch your dealing with King Toyota in Pompano, Florida , it has been what, 4 weeks now, my Mazda MPV has still not been paid off nor have King Toyota in Pompano, Florida refunded the money I paid for the extended warranty and oil chage thingee...almost $1700.00. Please, please, be carefull. I thought this kind of dealing went out a few years ago...boy was I wrong. Stay with a dealership you can trust.

Jimmy Drew
  • mokiavellimokiavelli Posts: 47
    Yes, please keep us updated. I am too in the San Diego area and am looking for a Base RAV4. Can you tell me the dealer you worked with?
  • roman1roman1 Posts: 12
    The dealer is Poway Toyota. I brought my new RAV4 home, the deal was just as negotiated (plus mud guards & wheel locks) :)

Later
  • mokiavellimokiavelli Posts: 47
    Congratulations. Interesting enough, I was just there yesterday afternoon/evening test driving the Gold one they had.
  • keygokeygo Posts: 38
    How soon should I expect the supply to catch up with the demand? This looks to be a great car but they are not any around (Michigan) and I expect the comparative price will be high compared to the Honda Pilot which I am also looking at.
  • jimd4jimd4 Posts: 877
    Well look at www.fitzmall.com for good prices. They are in PA and MD ,not far from NJ. Also Carmax at Laurel MD. Also see the dealers at the Toyota web site in your area buy using locate a dealer. You can buy these things for invoice +_ a few hundered dollars if you can find what you want.

You can get the invoice price here at Edmond's

Do not pay anything like MSRP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • A dealer quoted me at $2190 for aftermarket heated leather seats. This seems really high to me. Opinions?
    Seems high to me too, unless the heated seat part is expensive. I opted for just leather for $1000. It's very nice, soft leather. Try getting other quotes.
  • roman1roman1 Posts: 12
    Yes, I did see the gold one on the lot at Poway Toyota, but I was not interested. In fact I've asked for anything except white/black/gold. They only had the blue in stock that met my criteria.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Good luck....

PS. I took my RAV4 for a drive today and got to say I love what I see so far. :)
  • zionsdenzionsden Posts: 2
    4x2 flint mica, v6 sport model, charcoal interior, with running lights, moon roof, jbl system, and alarm for 28300 OTD in Socal, Orange County. Is that a fair, good, or lousy price for this vehicle?
  • cal_bearcal_bear Posts: 7
    I am purchasing a silver V6 AWD Limited with side curtain airbags, 3rd row seats, JBL, and tow prep (cloth interior) for a bit under $27K in Northern California. I hope that helps to give you a guideline, even though that is not comparing apples to apples.
  • I got my I4 4x2 Limited with all options except leather (moonroof, alloy wheels, all (8) airbags, CD changer, floor mats, mud guards etc. etc. )for 23.5K + tax in MI

Now I am in CA and price like that here is unheard of. What do you think?
    I got exactly what you got plus JBL stereo for $100 more because I had to pay extra for blizzard pearl color. I wanted the evergreen metalic or barcelona red, but they didn't have it. What color is yours? I also bought in California.
  • zionsdenzionsden Posts: 2
    it was the sport model flint mica, v6 4x2, with jbl and 9 speaker system, with 9 month free sirius, moon roof 6 disc cd changer, factory alarm, wheel locks, running lights tonneau cover, curtain and side air bags, for 28300 OTD. Does that sound fair at least?
  • yiesyies Posts: 1
    Going to be purchasing this car real soon. Please let me know if this is a good deal:
    4x4, Limited, 2.4L 4cyl, no moonroof and cloth seats for 22,500 + tax, tag, freight and processing fee. thanks.
    The best advice I can give you and zionsden is to look up the invoice price at edmunds.com, that way you can add all the options that you are getting and get a total invoice price. In my opinion, anything under, at or at most $300 over invoice is a great deal on this car.
  • gsboxergsboxer Posts: 4
    Just purchased an '06 base 4x4 with side curtain air bags,17" steel wheels, drl, and other typical options. List was 23,748. Got it for 21800 + TTT. We shopped 6+ dealers and this seemed to be a fair price in North Jersey
  • rahooorahooo Posts: 16
    I am being quoted at $22,100 for a 2006 RAV4 Sport 4x2 4 cyl in Classic Silver Metallic. MSRP is $22,980.

Options include:
    1. Carpet Mat Set (5 Pc)MSRP $215
    2. Daytime Running Lights MSRP $40
    3. Am/Fm 6-Disc In-Dash Cd Changer W/ MSRP $200

I offered $21,700 but he claims his invoice price is $21,900. So he faxed me his invoice with the following:
    TAF = $371
    TMF = $264
    2% Holdback MSRP = $437
    PIO Holdback = $15
    1% Finance Reserve MSRP = $218

Is his price of $22,100 good for this RAV4? If not, what is a good price? Thanks in advance!