Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bwong06bwong06 Posts: 43
    tax titles and fees are quite a lot here in az... its about 11% of the negotiated price. i am not great at math but i think i am paying something like 19,500 for the car itself (doesnt include tax title and fees)
  • jimd4jimd4 Posts: 877
    Then I would say you got a good deal.

Enjoy your truck
  • eroseros Posts: 27
    For those of you who refer to the TMV, I'd recommend that you abandon its use as a yardstick. In my shopping at over 6 dealers in the Boston area, they were willing to part with cars over $1,000 less than the TMV. As I stated in an earlier post, I just bought a base V6 4WD for $200 less than invoice. For the 2006 inventory which is left, I would urge you to only accept invoice or less.

Abby
  • For 2006 RAV 4 BASE V6 4WD with OPTIONS :Third Row, Airbags,17" Alloy Wheel , Roof Rack ,AM/FM/6 CD Changer ,Tow Prep Package ,Daytime Running Lights , the dealer in Arizona quoted me $25,300 and asking for $ 450 extra for shipping charges to get the color I wanted form out of state facility.
    Please let me know if this is a reasonable deal as per recent buyers.
    Thanks
  • stactumstactum Posts: 39
    based on your options and consumer reports subscription your package should be about

MSRP: $26,890
    Invoice: $24,269
    Bottom price: $23,794 (you should start your negotiation from)

(Dealer Holdback $475 )

Realistically, it's hard to say, even in my area dealers are different, but for me my price is usually +/-$200 around invoice depending on the car.
  • jimdrewjimdrew Posts: 84
    service. I had the worst dealing experience that I have ever had. Finally I got my tag refund and latter I got my difference between payoff and what they actually paid...and now, I paid off my car and I want to cancel my GAP and have called 6 times and no one will return calls. I went down today and was told that everyone was busy and I would have to wait a couple of hours. Call and make an appointment. I did so, called 6 times and left 4 messages. NO return call. I called their Customer Care line and again, no answer, left a message. I called the manager and he forwarded my call to someone that said they did not work on Fridays. I cannot believe the terrible customer service. They were so nice when I bought the car. (I guess because I paid more than I should but I was in love.) Now, they don't want to talk to me. BTW, still love the RAV 4 V6 Sport. Please be careful which dealer you deal with.

Jimmy Drew
    I wouldn't think of paying over invoice for an '06. Good Luck
  • Yesterday I put a deposit on a base 4cyl 4x4 Rav at the price of $22,500, with the few options/accessories I wanted.
    My internet price was when I sent in for a quote was $22,798.
    Does the $22,5 seem as a good price?
    Also, does anyone know if I decide not to get the Rav, since they have to find one for me none on the lot, do I get my deposit back?
    thanks
    What's the MSRP??? Did you ask for the invoice price? At this time of year, you shouldn't be paying above invoice. You'll have to read the fine print on your deposit, but it should be refundable.
  • Just bought a red Rav4 4x4 V6 (no 3rd seat) in the metro Chicago area on July 31, 2006. I waited 3 months for dealer to find the options and color I wanted:

Base vehicle #4453A $23,540
    Options: EJ, GY, HD, LA, RL, SR, TO, CF $3020 (these options are packaged for the Midwest and you can't get anything different unless you special order)
    Delivery fee $605
    Toyota Dealer Association (TDA)fee $455
    Gas Charge $10
    Got mudguards thrown in at no additional charge and 2 free oil changes

Dealer offered me a $4,500 for my 1999 Camry XLE V6 loaded with all the options available in 1999 so I sold the car myself for more than double the dealer's low trade-in offer

I paid $150 over dealer cost for a total of $27,780. I tried to negotiate the TDA down a little but no go here. A RAV V6 with the options above is hard to get in Illinois. I would not pay anything over invoice for a 2006 RAV for the rest of the year since the new '07 RAVs will be out in November. I think I got a reasonable deal for a end of the year car.
  • After matching up the option codes on the Dealer Order sheet with an Edmunds 'pricing with options' the result shows the TMV, 'What Others Are Paying' as, $ 22,519.
    According to Edmunds, the MSRP and the Invoice prices with selected options was; $23,674 and $21,453, The TMV, Others Paying: $22,519.
    Originally I 'built' my Rav on the Toyota site and sent, requested and internet quote, with the dealer. The sent back their online quote as $22,798.
    I asked to have the price down to $22,500 to make the deal.
    I hope this is good.
    What do others think?
    :confuse:
  • evergreenevergreen Posts: 208
    Seems like all the low price dealers, e.g., Fitzgeralds Auto Mall, are on the east coast. Aren't there any dealers out west who offer prices near invoice without a lot of haggle?
    jorge, you can ask the dealer for their exact invoice price. If it approximates the Edmunds quote of $21,453, then I wouldn't pay any more than that for a 2006. $22,500 is just too much. JMHO. In Boston, you could buy it for $21,100.
  • jasondojasondo Posts: 8
    Hi all,
    Here in southern california, I m getting the out-the-door for RAV4 Sport 4x2 V6 - Flint Mica at $27000 (with manualfacture suggested options - pwr moonroof, side airbags, 6-cd changer, matts..), is it a good deal? I m thinking to get the price down to 26000 out-the-door.

anyone has ideas?

BTW, why V6-SUVs come out the factory have to have those manualfaturer suggested options? why dont we have just the
    standard featured ones?

thx

- Jason
  • jimdrewjimdrew Posts: 84
    around $26800 for a 2WD V6 Sport with Moon Roof and JBL Sound, Air Bags, and mats and tunno cover. They however also sold me about $2100.00 in exteneded warranty and maint and GAP insurance. I was also lied about on the dealers cost as compared to Edmunds. Plus another $550.00 in Dealer Prep. It was a hastle cancelling the "extra" agreements and still working on GAP insurance.

Jimmy Drew :cry:
  • Does the invoice that you are talking include destination fee ($605)?
  • maxwell3maxwell3 Posts: 10
    FWD V6 LTD Barcelona Red

leather, sunroof, side airbags, JBL, dealer installed Sirius Satellite Radio, which includes 9 mos. membership (I think this is "free" on all the models they sell, but I'm not 100% sure), floormats, tonneau cover, daytime running lights.

$28,200 plus tax & license

Only got $16,500 (below Blue Book) for 2004 Mazda RX-8 trade-in, but considering the problems we were having with that car, we were just happy to be rid of it!

Good buying experience...only dealt with one salesman the entire time we were there (about 4 hours).

Great selection of vehicles. Longo is the largest Toyota dealership in the U.S. (in terms of sheer physical size, I felt like I was in a Costco Warehouse)

The dealership had a host of amenities which made it seem more like a luxury car dealer than a Toyota dealer...in addition to a huge service department, the dealership houses a AAA office, Rent-a-Car Company (can't remember which one), Subway sandwich shop, computer room and a fully functioning Starbucks in the service waiting area.
    No, a good deal would be $25000
    Well Jason, with Toyota, you don't get to pick what you want. The regional districts decide what options they will bring in on cars so most have a fixed set of things. I guess that what the regional thinks is the way most people would want them. For example in NY you cannot buy a Sport with side bags but in the NJ/MD/PA region you can.

Good luck
  • gerri1gerri1 Posts: 11
    this is very helpful, thanks! what is TDA?