Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• If you are willing to take an '06 and pick a car from the dealer's lot you can work out a great deal. I just got an '06 Rav4 Sport V6 with side air bags, 6 disc stereo (not the JBL one), floor mats, and the cargo tonneau (spelling?) for $73 over invoice.

Granted I had to walk out of the dealership to get the price but in the end I did get my price. ;)

However the dealer tried to tell me the mats and tire cover weren't included in the price (dealers can be such pricks sometimes). Luckly the sticker had the floor mats on there and I simply showed them the car's std features for the tire cover.
  • We just got a 2006 Base AWD for $21560 in Everglade Metalic but some of the options were not listed here for invoice pricing.

We got
    DR Roof Rails and Cross Bars
    AA Styled Wheels
    GY Curtain Air Bags
    RL Daytime Running Lights
    CF Floor Mats
    MF Mudgard
    EF Rear Bumper Applique

I didn't see info on the MF and EF

I think we got a good deal but I guess you are never quite sure until it's all said and done.

matt
  • I think you got a good deal ... it seems better than what I got.
    I got a base 4cyl 4wd, silver metalic, with same options except I got the all weather rubberized floor mats and rear cargo liner, but didn't get the MF or EF.
    My price was $22,500.
    So I think you're price is pretty good. Wish I would have held out for lower.
  • jimd4jimd4 Posts: 877
    So this is an internet offer I got roughly 12 hours after I sent it out. I think the price is pretty good. They do have a high processing fee of $275 but overall not a bad deal I would say. They only have one Sport V6 in stock. Dealer is in MA. This is the lowest price I got so far by about $800.

I took out the sales person's name. I think it is ok to post the rest of the info here.

Dear Jim,
    My name is XXXXXXXX Internet Sales Manager with Expressway Toyota.

It is my pleasure to inform you that we have your new 2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 4wd, available that you requested; MSRP is $27933 and invoice is $25601. the Rav4 Sport V6 4wd only comes with preset (or "married") option(s) from the factory. this is how they will come for the entire region.

This Rav4 Sport V6 4wd includes these Additional Options, in addition to standard features:
    50 State Emissions
    AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer w/ 6 Speakers, and MP3 / WMA Playback Capability
    Daytime Running Lights
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade
    Towing Prep Package - V6 3,500lb. Towing Capacity - Includes Upgrade Radiator, Fan Coupling, Alternator, and Pre-Wiring
    Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mat
    Mudguard

Your internet price is $25244 (rebate included in offer! - see below for more info!)

Things to Know about your request: This white V6 rav4 is instock and ready for IMMEDIATE delivery. I've fully discounted this vehicle $2689 from the MSRP!!! Call now, others are receiving this same offer as we speak - dont delay!!
  • Hi Diana,

Where in SF did you get your 07 rav 4 sport 4 cyl $300 over invoice? And how much did it cost you? Would you know if they have more in stock and available colors, or did they have to order yours?

I live in monterey.

Thanks.

Rey
  • We got the base model (Everglade Mist color I think is what they called it...)(4 cyl.) with roof rack, spash guards, 17 Steel wheels, Taneau cover for $21,100. The dealership here in Central Ohio had 9 on the lot with only two base models, one sport and the rest were all Limited with varied options. THey gave us a good amount for our trade in and were nothing but great. This is our first Toyota. When we saw it at the Auto Show we loved the bigger size and decided that this was what we would get. So far (600 miles on it) we are averaging 24.8 mpg with about 60% city and 40% highway. I guess I was hoping for a tad better mileage.
    2006 is over, the only 2006 you will get is what you or your dealer can find. Third row very hard to find I think
  • We are looking to trade in our 2003 RAV4 4x2 base model. We recently test drove (in Massachusetts) a 2006 Everglade Metallic RAV4 4WD V6 with the all of the standard options, plus 3rd row seats, tow package, Curtain and side airbags. We loved the power of the V6. The MSRP was $26,369 and they have gone down to $24,394. They are also offering us $13,500.00 for our '03 rav 4 with 32,000 miles on it. We only paid $17,500 4 years ago. I think this is very good deal...Any thoughts?
  • Wow. That sounds like a good deal to me. That is the color we have. We have only seen one other in that color in our area.
  • We ended up buying it, will be picking it up on Friday. We worked the price a couple hundred lower. Can't wait to actually get it home. I didn't think we needed the V6, but after test driving both 4 and the 6 back to back, there was no choice. The V6 has great power and living in New England with crazy weather and even crazier drivers, I realized the V6 4wd was the way to go!
  • Hey Stvxenson:

Looks like you are a great negotiator. I'm curious to know what you ended up paying in the end. 'Invoice' can mean many different things, depending upon whether they stick you for advertising costs, dealer hold-back etc. I just bought a Base RAV4 V-6 with married options: tonneau, net, tow pkg, base stereo, carpeted mats plus the optional side/curtain air bags for a pre-tax price of $24,300. This was in August on Long Island. Whadda ya think?
  • Can anyone tell me what changes/improvements have been made, if any, for the base Rav4 for the new 2007 model year?

Thanks! :)">
  • I have heard indirectly that there is nothing different between 06 and 07. The 2006, if you remember, came out as a late 2006 so that might be part of it. I have heard that the fuel economy EPA numbers are lower, but, that is the government redoing how they arrive at the numbers, NOT, that the engines or anything about them have changed. The 4 cyl for 06 was listed at 24/30 and for 07 is listed at 23/28. They are trying to simulate real world driving and be a little more accurate.
  • Thanks Redtrain75.

That makes a lot of sense. I have found that my mileage has been slightly less than quoted by Toyota, by about 2 or 3 mpg for my 2006 V-6. I'm averaging about 25 mpg overall. I'm loving it, though!
  • Side curtain airbags will now be standard versus option in the 06. That's the only change I have heard of.
  • ...which also makes sense. I paid about $650 for that option. I wonder if they will increase the invoice price by that amount...it's a must-have, along with the ESC which was standard on the 2006.
  • Yeah bastards added it as standard for 07 which sucks for us who bought it as an option for 06. The insurance institute for highway safety was dissapointed when they did the crash test for the 06 that it wasn't standard. I guess they got smart for the new model year. And yes, I think they will tack on the price, but it's good either way for safety right? :)
    I don't kmow why they are bastards. You paid $500-to $600 for it as an option and for 2007 they put it in as standard and raised the basic price by the same amount. What is wrong with that. Other that raising the price of the JBL system because they added bluetooth and Sat radio compatiblity it looks like the bottom line price for a 2007 is the same as 2006.
  • Because they should have put it as standard and not an option. If for no other reason, to ensure safety of all people because there are those that did not get it as an option. Just my opinion. :)