Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• whtwndrwhtwndr Posts: 5
    400 under invoice + 900 in rebates + tax, tag and doc stamps. Not to shabby.
  • wkf2000wkf2000 Posts: 2
    how do you guys get rebate? I cannot find it on this website.
    Is it from Toyota? or dealers?
  • mkosovermkosover Posts: 9
    in my recent purchase, the rebate was not a mail-in type rebate. Its basically customer cash-back, which means that they subtracted this amount from the purchase price. FYI, in few states including MD, you would pay tax on the amount before rebate.
  • whtwndrwhtwndr Posts: 5
    Go to Edmunds main page, search for your car, and click 'incentives'. When I bought mine the RAV-4 had 500 customer cash and an extra 400 for college grads (The college grad cash is now gone)">link title. Rebates come from the manufacturer, the lender (as with Southeast Toyota), or (rarely) the dealer. Know who is providing the rebate, but don't discuss ANY rebates until you've agreed on a price. Dealers love to quote you a great price based solely on a rebate you qualify for. It doesn't effect the dealer's bottom line if you qualify for a lender's rebate so they don't have a right to take it from you or take credit for it in their price. Remember their profit is realized BEFORE the rebates get subtracted.
  • jcannuckjcannuck Posts: 1
    Just bought a RAV4 2005 4WD, 5-spd manual trans, "L" pkg, alloy wheels, roof rack, curtain & side air bags, rear spoiler, mudguards, floor mats - MSRP = $23,800, final price including all fees, registration, etc etc (everything except tax) = $21,000. Took the 3rd sales person to even talk to us for this price. I think we did OK. Invoice on Edmunds was $21,450 before the $300ish in registration fees etc. We also got the $500 rebate (included in the above final price)
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Edmunds shows a $750 rebate in effect 6/11-7/5.
  • mland13mland13 Posts: 2
    I get confused in deciding when there is a good deal or not. Also, if you don't think this is a good deal, can you give me some hints as to what I can tell the dealer to convince them to drop the value?... Thanks.
    I am looking to buy a
    2005 RAV4 2WD 4-speed in titanium metallic w/ dark charcoal leather interior
    the options are as follows:
    GYAT - curtain & side airbags - $680 msrp
    LAAT - leather trimmed seats - $670 msrp
    UPAT - upgrade L package - $1030 msrp
    AWAT - 16" 5-spoke alloy wheels - $400 msrp
    According to their website, the MSRP value is $23,185 broken as follows:
    base ....................................... $19,800
    options..................................... $2,790
    delivery, process and handling.... $595
    I was quoted a "low internet price" of $21351 plus tax and tag with the rebate included. The out-the-door price w/ tax and everything is $22,901.
    Can anyone assist in analyzing this? THANKS!!!!
  • toyotakentoyotaken Posts: 897
    First, rebates and availablilty differ by location so I can't give you much help there, but...

What is the rebate in your area? Can't tell what actual selling price you're getting unless we know. Seems as though it's a pretty good deal from what I can see though.

Ken
  • mland13mland13 Posts: 2
    The rebate is $500. I am in Florida. Thanks.
    Just as a reference, in the DC area, where the rebate is $750 a good deal for a RAV4 is about $3K under MSRP.
  • berry1berry1 Posts: 1
    I bought a "program" vehicle from a Toyota dealership. They made a couple of claims that I'll share later. But here are my two questions.

1) Does EVERY factory installed Toyota keyless entry have the Toyota logo on it?

2) Everyone go check their tires. What BRAND of tires comes on a RAV4?

Answers to these two questions will help me trememdously. Thanks.
  • darius11darius11 Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

On the advice of this forum, we checked out DarCars in Silver Spring and noticed an attractive Internet price. We called the dealer and asked if they honored KBB prices on trade in's, and the salesperson said they would, and to come down to make a deal. So, on the spur of the moment, we were off on a 4 hour (each way) trip.

When we arrived, however, they brought up the KBB value right in front of us and said they couldn't offer us that much, and offered us HALF of the value. HALF! They wouldn't even come close to honoring the price on KBB for a downgraded condition. I think they were trying to take advantage of the fact that we drove 4 hours and didn't think we would want to drive home in our old car.

Again, this was after we were TOTALLY led to believe that the KBB value would be honored. The excuse was that the mileage was too high (84,000) on the car for them to sell - a FACT THAT WE TOLD THE SALESPERSON OVER THE PHONE BEFORE MAKING THE TRIP!

We were very disappointed and I figured it was worth noting on this forum (since I found out about them here) that if you are planning on making a trade, don't count on getting anywhere close to what they tell you over the phone, and be prepared to drive home in your old car!

:lemon:

Thanks...
  • abiesabies Posts: 4
    My friend sold his car to Camax, and bought a car from Darcars. Trade-in is another deal. I will never make two deals at once. You should have visited carmax before going to the silver spring darcars. Carmax gives a written offer, which is good for 7 days or 300 miles. I think Carmax is located in 10 miles from silver spring toyota. I don't like the Silver Spring Toyota because a dealer lied to me about a car, but I think almost dealers tell lies. Even if I bought a car from 355 toyota in Rockville, I didn't believe them.

One tip for a better deal:
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com/
    The 2005 RAV4 pricing will increase by $300 for both the two-wheel and four-wheel-drive versions. The base RAV4 will start at $19,615
  • Has anyone recently purchased a 2005 Rav4 2wd? If so, what was your price before TT&L. What was your drive out price?

I am looking for a 2005 Rav4 automatic, 2wd,...and it seems that dealers in the Dallas, Texas area are asking for prices much higher than what Edmunds indicate.

The lowest qoute I got was $20,000 before TT&L (basic Rav4 with keyless entry & no other options).

Thanks
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    Carsdirect.com....see what price they will get for you!!
  • tamyra2tamyra2 Posts: 4
    I'm located in southern California and recently purchased a RAV4 2wd automatic in everglade metallic. Optional equipment include roof rack with center rails and carpet floor mats/cargo mat.

MSRP: 20,771
    Invoice according to the dealership: 19,410
    Price I got it for: $19614, however when I went to the finance dept. I got the antitheft device (includes keyless entry) for $495 which I regret because I checked the price of this option on carsdirect.com and it was only $264.
    Total price out the door not including TT&L: $20,109

The dealership was first offering me supposedly their Costco price which was $19,911 and I said that price was too high. After some heated discussion, price went down to $19,614. I still don't feel satisfied with the price I paid, I feel I could have gotten a better deal. This was my first time purchasing a car so I take this as an experience to learn from.

Is this a good or bad deal? Please comment and share your opinions. Thanks.
  • boatsboats Posts: 19
    You got the CarsDirect price - its probably OK... other areas of the country have rebates - we aren't getting any here in So. Cal. Have you noticed there aren't any on sale in the paper? I think stock is probably running low (just a guess). You did GREAT for your first purchase! Don't feel discouraged!
  • tamyra2tamyra2 Posts: 4
    I don't see any ads for a RAV4 in the newspaper. They're very rare in So.Cal. There was a rebate for recent college grads, but I think the requirement is that you have to finance through Toyota. Anybody have more info on this? Is the college grad rebate from the manufacturer or dealer?
  • toyotakentoyotaken Posts: 897
    College grad program is through Toyota Financial Services. You have to finance a portion of the purchase through TFS. You have to have graduated within the last 24 months or will be graduating within the next 6 months. You must have proof of current income or proof of imminent income (acceptance/hire letter from employer). You can not have any negative credit history. There can be no exceptions for ANY of these requirements. If you don't necessarily want to finance with TFS, that's fine, set the loan up through them and when you get your first statement, just pay the loan balance off then.

Hope this clarifies things.

Ken