Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• soapturtle,

You really need to post the specifics of the Limited in order to receive an informed reply. That being said, if the MSRP is $30,600 or higher I would say that your deal looks pretty good and is comparable to the deal I struck on my '08 Sport in the beginning of October. That is assuming that you have no rebate. See post #2336 for the details on my transaction.

From what I have read as of late it seems that some folks are getting both 0% and rebate together. I don't know if that specific to only certain markets in the U.S. You may want to check ino this further.
  • You're right!...the dealer should go lower. It appears that your offer is somewhere close to invoice price which is way too high on a car that is essentially now becoming a leftover. You have to go do your homework and look at the details on the invoice cost based on how the car is equipped. At invoice cost, the dealer is still making money on 2% holdback and 1% financial reserve.from Toyota. Dealers should be giving in to the 2% holdback money & you may find a dealer willing to give up some of the 1% financing money. This part is tough as I found out although I did squeeze out a few $$ of the financial reserve money.
  • The msrp looks like it was 29009. I guess he should go lower. I'm in NY as well...Greater Hudson Valley
  • Yes he should. Looks like about a $600 difference between your MSRP & my MSRP. When adjusting for the $1000 rebate that I took, both cars are selling at the same price. Point being, I have $600 more car. So I would say that he is not giving up much ( if any) of the hold back money. Also watch out for the add-ons (i.e. dealer prep, doc fees). They are all B.S. Refuse to buy from a dealer who is going to shovbe those down your throat. FYI. I am in northeast PA and not far from you.
  • Ok so I just want to summarize really quick everything I need to do:

1. Know the invoice
    2. Can I safely assume the holdback is 2% of the invoice
    3. Can I safely assume the financial reserve is 1% of the invoice
    4. The only fees I should be paying for are the taxes/DMV fees - title & registration - anything else?
    5. Anything else?
  • 1. Yes, know the invoice. You can use Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book. Edmunds will not have a TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising) amount included in their invoice so the Edmunds calculated invoice will be about $500 less than the invoice that the dealer will have. This is a legit charge that the dealer does pay for. Well actuallly you will ultimately pay for it.

2. Holdback is 2% of the Base MSRP cost (not the RAV4 base model but the base charge for the Limited. Again you get this from Edmunds. They show base model price of $27070. 2% = $541

3. Financial Reserve is 1% of the Base MSRP cost which = $271

4. These are the only additioanl items that I paid for.

5. My purchase was from Independence Toyota (Hazelton, PA). Also had a dealer in Reading, PA (Performance Toyota) with a very similar offer on identical car. There are a lot of these cars out there. Go the Toyota website & search dealers by your zip code. Just about everyone lists their new vehicle inventory

Good Luck. Hope I just saved you some money!!
  • nimiminimimi Posts: 249
    Does anyone know what's up with Toyota's model offerings? On the TOYOTA.COM configurator, the packages/options for the new Rav4's are nil. No matter what trim I choose, the only package or option is the backup camera - no leather, no towing package, no sound upgrades, nothing!

Is Toyota scaling back production to just bare bones models?
  • It may be too late, but please read my message I'll have posted later on today, Nov. 09/08. I went to purchase an '09 Sport and ended up with an '08 Limited for $300 more. Will provide details OR my review of the dealership, experience and walk-out cost should be posted since I submitted it today. Jim Barkley Toyota (main page, 'Local Car Dealers Ratings and Reviews). Unbelievable experience and price from what I've read. Thanks and good luck!
  • I'm interested in leasing an '08 or '09 4X4, V6 base model RAV4 (NY area). I have no idea what a reasonable lease offer is. I negotiated a good deal in the past with my Highlander, but now the process seems more complicated. The only offer I've gotten is $3500 down, $350/mo, with remote starter and bumper guards for the '09 model, the dealer didn't have any '08 models left.

I'm thinking that i should negotiate the deal without the extras added on. Does anyone have any idea what a reasonable offer would be?
  • Sorry for the double post. Not sure where to post the question.

I've been looking for a used RAV4. I got them down to $21750 including doc fee (he says required in our state by law) but not taxes or registration. He listed it at $23750. It's the 2007 RAV4 Limited fully tricked out with only 14,190 miles on it. Trying to decide on this or a 2009 or 2008 v6 limited one - someone said they got theirs down to $26570 or something. Keep in mind the features below are standard but also include the extras (like bluetooth that comes with the JBL speakers). It also has a clean carfax and autocheck record. Doesn't have NAVI is about it. He even said it has towing package parts. THere's no major cosmetic defects or rust either. Here's this deal:

Exterior
    Aerodynamic multi-reflector halogen headlamps w/auto-off
    Black roof rails w/cross bars
    Chrome grille
    Color-keyed bumpers
    Color-keyed door handles
    Color-keyed hard shell spare tire cover
    Color-keyed heated foldable pwr mirrors
    Color-keyed rear spoiler w/stop lamp
    FOG LIGHTS
    High Solar Energy-Absorbing glass
    Intermittent rear wiper
    LED rear lamps
    Rear privacy glass
    Side-opening rear door w/hold-open feature
    Washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wipers
    Interior
    (10) cup/bottle holders
    (3) 12V auxiliary pwr outlets
    60/40 split fabric-trimmed rear bench w/slide/recline function, 1-touch fold-flat lever, height-adjustable headrest, center armrest
    AM/FM stereo w/6-disc in-dash CD changer-inc: MP3/WMA capability, aux input jack, (6) speakers
    Amber-illuminated Optitron instrument cluster-inc: speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, LCD odometer w/(2) tripmeters
    Cargo area storage pockets in wheel housing w/(2) cupholders
    Cruise control w/brake deceleration feature
    Digital clock
    Direct tire pressure monitor system
    Door panel storage pockets, bottle holders
    Dual glove boxes w/upper box one-push open/close
    Dual visor vanity mirrors w/sliding extensions, roof-mounted vanity light
    Dual-zone automatic air conditioning w/air filtration, information display, micro dust/pollen removal capability
    Engine Immobilizer
    Fabric-trimmed 8-way pwr driver/4-way manual passenger seats-inc: pwr driver lumbar support, height adjustment, seatback pockets
    Fender-mounted mast antenna
    Illuminated entry-inc: key illumination, interior light, front map light
    Interior footwell lighting
    Leather-wrapped shift knob w/metallic insert, gated shifter
    Leather-wrapped tilt/telescoping steering wheel w/audio controls
    Multi-function center console-inc: (2) illuminated cupholders, storage box, cell phone storage pocket
    Outside temp gauge
    Pwr door locks
    Pwr windows w/driver-side auto up/down & jam protection
    Rear deck storage-inc: water-repellant foldable deck board
    Rear window defogger w/timer
    Remote hood/fuel filler door releases
    Remote keyless entry
    Tonneau cover w/cargo net
    Mechanical
    17" x 7.0 6-spoke aluminum wheels
    3.5L DOHC SFI 24-valve dual VVT-i V6 engine
    5-speed ECT automatic transmission
    Anti-lock brake system (ABS) w/brake assist
    Double-wishbone rear suspension w/coil springs
    Downhill assist control (DAC)
    Electric pwr rack & pinion steering
    Electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD)
    Front/rear stabilizer bars
    Full-size spare tire
    Hill start assist control (HAC)
    Independent Macpherson strut front suspension
    On-demand 4-wheel drive
    P225/65R17 all-season tires
    Pwr vented front/rear solid disc brakes
    Traction control (TRAC)
    Vehicle stability control (VSC)
    Safety
    3-point seat belts for all seating positions w/adjustable front seatbelt anchors
    Anti-lock brake system (ABS) w/brake assist
    Child protector rear door locks
    Child restraint system (ISOFIX CRS) top tether anchors for all rear seating positions
    Collapsible steering column
    Driver/front passenger advanced airbag system
    Driver/front passenger front seat-mounted side airbags
    Drivers emergency locking retractor (ELR) seatbelt
    Front & 2nd row roll-sensing side curtain airbags
    Front crumple zone
    Passengers automatic locking retractor (ALR) & emergency locking retractor (ELR) seatbelts
    Side impact door beams
    Traction control (TRAC)
    Vehicle stability control (VSC)

Brakes
    Brake ABS System: 4-Wheel
    Brake Type: Pwr
    Disc - Front (Yes or ): Yes
    Disc - Rear (Yes or ): Yes
    Front Brake Rotor Diam x Thickness (in): 11.8 x
    Rear Brake Rotor Diam x Thickness (in): 11.2 x
    Cargo Area Dimensions
    Cargo Volume to Seat 1 (ft³): 73.0
    Cargo Volume to Seat 2 (ft³): 36.4
    Cooling System
    Total Cooling System Capacity (qts): 9.6
    Engine
    Displacement: 3.5L/216
    Engine Type: Gas V6
    Fuel System: SFI
    SAE Net Horsepower RPM: 269 6200
    SAE Net Torque RPM: 246 4700
    Exterior Dimensions
    Height, Overall (in): 66.3
    Length, Overall (in): 181.1
    Min Ground Clearance (in): 7.5
    Tread Width, Front (in): 61.4
    Tread Width, Rear (in): 61.4
    Wheelbase (in): 104.7
    Width, Max w/o mirrors (in): 71.5
    Fuel Tank
    Fuel Tank Capacity, Approx (gal): 15.9
    Interior Dimensions
    Front Head Room (in): 40.8
    Front Hip Room (in): 53.8
    Front Leg Room (in): 41.8
    Front Shoulder Room (in): 57.1
    Passenger Capacity: 5
    Passenger Volume (ft³): 108.2
    Second Head Room (in): 39.7
    Second Hip Room (in): 52.4
    Second Leg Room (in): 38.3
    Second Shoulder Room (in): 55.3
    Mileage
    EPA Fuel Economy Est - City (MPG): 21
    EPA Fuel Economy Est - Hwy (MPG): 28
    Steering
    Lock to Lock Turns (Steering): 2.7
    Steering Ratio (:1), Overall: 14.6
    Steering Type: Pwr Rack & Pinion
    Turning Diameter - Curb to Curb (ft): 34.8
    Summary
    Body Style: 4 Door
    Vehicle Name: RAV4
    Suspension
    Stabilizer Bar Diameter - Front (in): 0.95
    Suspension Type - Front: MacPherson Strut
    Suspension Type - Front (Cont.): w/Stabilizer bar
    Suspension Type - Rear: Double-Wishbone
    Suspension Type - Rear (Cont.): w/Stabilizer bar
    Tires
    Front Tire Size: P225/65R17
    Rear Tire Size: P225/65R17
    Spare Tire Size: P225/65R17
    Trailering
    Dead Weight Hitch - Max Tongue Wt. (lbs): 200
    Dead Weight Hitch - Max Trailer Wt. (lbs): 2000
    Wt Distributing Hitch - Max Tongue Wt. (lbs): 200
    Wt Distributing Hitch - Max Trailer Wt. (lbs): 2000
    Transmission
    Drivetrain: 4-Wheel Drive
    Fifth Gear Ratio (:1): 0.76
    Final Drive Axle Ratio (:1): 3.08
    First Gear Ratio (:1): 4.24
    Fourth Gear Rato (:1): 1.05
    Reverse Ratio (:1): 3.38
    Second Gear Ratio (:1): 2.36
    Third Gear Ratio (:1): 1.52
    Trans Description Cont.: Automatic w/OD
    Trans Type: 5
    Vehicle
    EPA Classification: Sport Utility Vehicle
    Weight Information
    Base Curb Weight (lbs): 3675
    Wheels
    Front Wheel Material: Aluminum
    Front Wheel Size (in): 17 x 7.0
    Rear Wheel Material: Aluminum
    Rear Wheel Size (in): 17 x 7.0
    Spare Wheel Size (in): 17 x 7.0
  • Congrats . Post prices and options please. I am still looking and deciding . Also let me know dealership , actual out the door price without taxes title and MSRP
  • Bought last week 08 Limited V6 Blizzard Pearl
    31,680 MSRP
    27,456 + tax/tags

Had to travel to PA for the color I wanted. So far enjoying it very much!
  • BRAVO and Congrats . Can you tell me the dealer and town in Pa . Was it Fitgerald by any chance?

I am NYC and certain parts of Pa would not be prohibitive
  • It was in Scranton PA. The dealer was Toyota Scion of Scranton. Check out their web site, they had a lot of inventory. :D
  • emmetemmet Posts: 1
    I went to the dealer and they offered me $22500 for the base model of 2009, plus the $120 extra value package and $199 carpet floor mats. and the total OTD would be $24000. Is that a good deal? I'm in Ames, Iowa
  • cres1cres1 Posts: 3
    Hi, all. This is my first post here. I just bought a 08 RAV4 4X2 LTD V6 today and I wanna share with you my price.
    The OTD price I got was 27000 with 9 optional equipments, including 1500 cash back. The color was everglade, not the one I exactly wanted.
    I am in Chicago. I do not know whether it is a good deal.
    May it help you guys.
  • First let me say Thanks for posting.
    Am I correct in the OTD price of $27,000 being after the $1500 cash back ? And not including taxes and Title License etc .
    What were your 9 options and what was the MSRP of the car. Also its a 4x2 not 4x4 correct? I was told they only sold them in Florida, Calif etc not in northern climates where bad weather is a risk.
    Yes, it's after the cash back. But it includes the taxes and the TTL, doc fees.
    Optinal Equipment:
    carpet Floor Mats/Cargo mat 199
    JBL.... 640
    Daytime running light 40
    Power tilt/slide moonroof w/sunshade 900
    Towing Prep Package..... 160
    Wheel Locks 81
    Im sorry it's only six optional equipments. I have no idea how I got the nine equiments. Maybe my maths is too poor.
    It's a 08 4X2 V6 LTD and I have noticed that almost every Toyota dealership in Chicago sells RAV4 of this trim.
    The MSRP is 28125. Oh, this is their last 08 RAV4 of this trim.
  • Congratulations again and thanks for the info. It looks like I will prolly have to wait a month or two, so most likely I will be buying a 2009 unless I can still find a 2008 left with what. :)
    Thanks. I think 09 is prettier than 08.
    Good luck.
  • Hi
    Got an offer for 2008 Rav 4 Base Model V4,4wd, Details Below
    MSRP: 24,500
    36 month / 12 k Lease
    500 out of pocket down
    Money factor .00166
    Residual 14,500
    payment $354 / month

Reasonable?
  • Hi
    Any luck yet, I am in norhtern NJ also looking for Rav 4 base model V4 though.
    I have below MSRP: 24500 12k/36month/500 down $354/month
  • Hi,
    I just got an offer from a dealer in Westchester for 2008 RAV4, 4WD, 6cyl , 12k/yr- $0 down and $350/mo. I think this may be reasonable. They are willing to discount the '08 models, but not the '09 models yet. Another dealer closer to where I live offered a 2009 RAV4 (4WD, 6cyl, 12K/yr) for $3500 down, $350 a month.

Any thoughts?
  • I haven’t bought a car in 10 years and need help! After emailing dealerships and pawning them against each other, I got a quote of $24,795 plus TT&L for a new 2008 RAV4 LMT, 4X2. Preinstalled with 3rd row seat (a must); extra mile option package D; vehicle shield package; daytime running lights. Is that a good price? I’m in TX. I want to get the price down to $25K including TT&L. Is that reasonable? They’ve got 2.9% financing thru 11/30. Thanks! :)
  • Purchase for 2009 Black Spanking New $22900 in Boston Area dealership :) . All we did is send offer by email and dealers start beating deals after deals. This is out the door. Destination and Doc. fees included. But we did not pay tax because im a Oregon state resident. pretty tight. Black RAV4 sport comes with a nice matching pewter 18 inch wheels. (used to be plain silver). the combination color is tight. The best way is to do it online email. save your time going to the dealership. If they dont like your offer then tell them your going to move on and take your money to the next dealer. MSRP on the vehicle is about $27900 then minus $1000 manufacture discount $26900. Do the MATH. Use car buying tips.com website they have a spreadsheet. we offer with 2% profit and minus factory holdback. Our original offer was $23061. Peace out.
  • Dont do it, what a rip off. Email other dealship and do this
    2009 RAV4 SPORT AUTO 4 cyl 4x4 - 2% dealer profit
    MSRP $24600
    INVOICE $22386
    $22316 selling + $745 destination = $23061 Offer

we got our deal for $22900 for a sport 4cyl. 4x4 all damn fees included. Tax not included though
  • Thanks for the advice and congrats on your sweet ride! I'm reading up on car buying tips.com website; its a wealth of information.
  • I am interested in an '09 Rav4--in my case, the 4-cylinder 4WD Limited, which has an invoice price (including destination) of $25,518. What I would like some information on is what have people paid for new '09s relative to the invoice price. Anyone getting it under invoice? If so, by how much?

Incidentally, at two dealers today, I was given the chance to see their "invoice," which is more than $1000 above what I think is the actual invoice cost of $25,518. Both stated that they couldn't sell below their (higher) invoice cost, of course, because they are not in business to lose money. I'd really like to get a sense of what people are actually paying for their 2009s.

Thanks.
  • At the Edmonds site for the 2009 RAv4 LIMITED the QY extra value option is $1360 and includes the leather plus 3 other options . The LA leather option by itself is $1930 .
    Does anyone know if the leather is the same in the QY option as the LA option . It seems highly unlikely to me that they are the same thing. Maybe they are trying to lower prices but I am very wary of things that look too good to be true.
    Anyone know, please help . Just when I thought I finished my Due Diligence
  • We recently purchased an SUV Limited With
    Extra value Pkg 2 includes:
    daytime running lights
    Power tilt/ slide moonroof w/ sunshade
    touch screen w/ navi
    am/fm/cd player
    six speakers
    leather seats surfaces 8 way.
    with all the standards.

Estimated pricing for all this was 27, 564.00

We got it down to 26,800.00