Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet HHR

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,166
    Hello Kaipuffcat,
    I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Have you had anyone look at the concern you have present in the vehicle? Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • kaipuffcatkaipuffcat Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
  • laserbluelaserblue Posts: 313
    Hello, it's me again with that "rattling sunroof".
    Well, I guess those 4 screws that the mechanic gave 1/2 to 3/4 turn did the trick.
    Can hear that metal rattling sound no more, it's finally gone.
    But I can't figure out where the heck are those screws?
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Open roof and see if they are visable from the outside. If not then my guess is he pulled loose the headliner to get to them.
  • vagabondchefvagabondchef Posts: 107
    Just wondering if there are any problems I should be aware of as I'm thinking of purchasing an 2010 HHR. I want to believe that the 2010's have all the bugs worked out. Please let me know and help me out.

Thanks!!!
  • vagabondchefvagabondchef Posts: 107
    Want to know if there are any problems or things that I should be aware of as I'm thinking of purchasing a 2010 HHR LS auto. I like this care, but don't want to encounter any problems. I'm hoping all these bugs are worked out on the 2010's.

Please let let me know as I'm purchasing in the next couple of days. It seems like your customer service is great and follow through is great on encountering any problems. Please advise.

Thanks!!
    My 08 with all options runs like a top and has never been in except for oil change and other maintainance. My sisters daughtor also have a 08 with all options and no trouble either.
    My HHR was delivered in Canada, so my DIC is all in metric units.
    I often travel to the U.S.A. and would like to know how can I change the "Metric units" to "Imperial units".
    Ex: Exterior Temperature from "Celsius to Fahrenheit", Fuel Economy from "Kms/p/h to m/p/h, Driving Range, --- kilometers to --- miles, ect...
    I went to my dealer for a oil change that included a 39 point check.
    The mechanic inflated my tires at 30 p.s.i and I checked on the driver door panel an it says 35 p.s.i. so I re inflated them to 33 p.s.i.
    Who's right ... 30 psi (dealer), 33 (mine) or 35 (door label)?

Also, I was trying the check my coolant level in the tank but can't find any cool/hot line on it like it should have. It's the first time I see such a place to put a coolant reservoir, can't see any level line.
    Is there one? and where?
    edited August 2010
    Disreguard the door labels as all manufacturers put them there just to mess up the paint and spend the extra money on paper and labor to put them on the vehicle. Manufacturers spend many $ on figuring out which tires, pressures etc. best fit the vehicle and that guy who changed your oil does hundreds a week and every vehicle has their own requirements and it makes it impossible to remember every combination. I always remind the guy how much air to put in my tires as both my cars are different. Tires pressures change with outside temps too so say 30 lbs were put in at 90 degrees and then the next day temps drop to 60. You most likely only have about 24 or so lbs cold at that temp so now you are 10 or so lbs. under what the manufacturer requires which means they wear wrong and you run the chance of them being damaged. So put in 35 and you're covered. One more thing if you have the fancy wheels by being under inflated you also run more of a chance of damaging the wheel hitting a pothole too. I have also found that when mine are underinflated by a few pounds it really rides harsher than it does at 35lbs.
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 331
    Confusion around the 16 inch and 17 inch wheels. 16 inch are set at 30 psi, 17 at 35 psi. I have had the same situation happen to me at both the dealer and tire store. I set them at 35psi cold and use the DIC to monitor them. I now state upfront when I have the car serviced to keep them at 35 psi, per the label in the door jamb.

2010 Pilot EXL-RES, 2013 Accord EX

• I recently purchased a used 2010 HHR. TH\he car has 6,000 miles and was a rental. My question is when I hit band on the radio I see AM and FM but I do not see XM. I would like to subscribe to XM radio but can I still get it on the installed radio or do I need a completly different unit. Additionally, the car was ordered with the On-Star delete, can that be added at a Chevy dealer. Thanks in advance for any information.
  • I purchased an 08 new with the radio that had the XM button on the radio. And I contracted to have the XM in my car but when it came time to install it I was asked where I wanted to the control panel installed. Upon investigation even if your radio has the feature already there the HHR doesn't come with everything to make it work. After discussion, some strong at times, they agreed to install what was needed. It seems the XM uses the same antenna as the OnStar. But the cable to run it back there isn't put in at factory unless the car was being built with it. The headliner and all kinds of things had to come apart to get it in. But it works fine and I love it! The room is just so limited as it is I didn't want a pod installed for an add on unit.
  • We're on a vacation trip.
    Left home with our new 2010 HHR 2LT, did my first oil change at 1,300 miles before leaving.
    Now we're on the west coast, with 4,300 miles. Planning to leave to go back home with 4,800 miles. Since I'll have done 3,500 miles on my 1rst oil change, should I do a oil change before leaving?
    I still have 3,000 miles to do before getting home.
    Rely on the Oil change computer on the dash. G.M. has put in a lot of time coming up with the proper programing for it. You are thinking old school. First off you should have left in the factory oil until you reached the west coast and then changed it. I make sure on mine that I have the computer reset to 100% each oil change and then when I get to between 40 and 50% or about 6 months then I change it. Most dealers/stealers want you to think like the old days and change it every 3K miles. With the newer oils/filters/engines this is NOT needed. Old school you used 10W 40 oil, now most have or are going to 5W 20 oil due to the superior quality and ingrediants put in the oils. Have it changed when you get home. Just don't go over the 7500 miles between oil changes the book says.
    It might be early to talk about snow tire but it's right around the corner.
    My HHR 2LT has 17 inch tire.
    Can I install 16 inch rims so I could buy 16 inch snow tires?
    They would probably be less expensive.
    If so, what size of snow tire could fit on a HHR?
    edited October 2010
    How was your trip? Mpg, general traveling observations? I believe you can use the standard 16 inch size that the LS and 1lLT come with. Probably can buy wheels at a junk yard and put snows on. Check with your dealer to confirm size. I bet you have a lot of possibilities that are not necessarily expensive.

The trip was nice, perfect, no problems.
    The HHR was super.
    Driving 65 - 75 mph most of the way. Fuel range, lowest 450 miles, highest 485 miles. We like it. Went across the Rockies without problems. Total mileage 6,000 miles and started with the oil at 100%, after 6,000 miles still 62%
    But we had to cut our vacation short...on the 13th of sept we had a phone call that my wife brother had died (55 yrs old).
    So packed up in a hurry and left Victoria on the 14th to get back home, we had 3,000 miles to drive.
    Arrived home on the 19th, called my Mom and Dad as soon as we arrived, finish talking to my Dad at 7:00 p.m.
    The next morning at 8:00 a.m. I had a phone call that my Dad had just died at home in the bathroom.
    My brother in law died on the 13th and 1 week later on the 20th day for day it's my father.
    Buried my brother in law on friday the 24th sept and my Dad on the 27th
    How horrible. My sympathies to you and your family.

• I just bought a 2010 a couple of months ago and have the same problem. Did the dealer fix yours under warranty?

Thank you
    edited October 2010
    I have had the dealer look/listen to the issue a couple of times. They said there was a TSB on the issue and they did the suggested repair. No difference. At my next service I mentioned it again and also pointed out the the headliner was loose near the front opening of the sunroof. There are two velcro fasteners to hold that area up. They came loose. I could get them to refasten, but it would separate within a day. At this point, the dealer said to make an appointment so they could secure a loaner for me. Long story---they ordered a new headliner and did a full replacement. No more noise. Great job, and nice experience. Hope you enjoy your HHR. I've been pleasantly surprised and pleased with ours.

• I do not have a sun roof but have the noise. From what I can tell there is a wiring harness that runs in that area. I took out the middle dome light and put two several sections of pipe insulation between the roof and headliner. Still have a small noise but much less than before. Based on what you say I am going to check with dealer on a more complete repair. I like the vehicle very much! I appreciate the info. Thank you.
    My 2010 HHR 2LT did the same thing, a noise coming from my sunroof lining every times I drove on rough roads and even over a small bump.
    Went to my dealer and they told me that they will probably have to take off my sunroof and re-install it to see if this could do the trick. I wasn't to interested will that procedure and I was leaving for my summer vacation in a couple of days.
    Went on with my trip (6,000 miles) and to my surprise it stopped doing it all by itself.
    Now I'm trying to duplicate that sound by driving on rough roads and bumps that I can find and nothing.
    I guess the reason for this is that the materiel was new and had to be worned a bit or take it's place.
  • Last weekend it was pretty cold and when I drove over a small lumps (not a hole) at normal city speed I could hear a weird grinding noise coming from my shocks/springs (front and back) while driving over them and after that every lumps I drove over it did the same sound.
    Coming back it was a bit warmer, took the same road, everything was normal.
    It seems that every time the temperature is cold, I can hear that grinding sound coming from the suspension and as it gets warmer the sound goes away.
    It's not a steady sound, it makes it only when I drive over lumps.
    My HHR is a 2010 2LT (sport suspension).
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,166
    laserblue,
    Have you taken your vehicle into your dealer? If not, I would recommend taking your vehicle to your dealer of choice. Please keep me updated on your progress,
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • joef8joef8 Posts: 4
    I came to this forum because I recently spotted an HHR on the road with the "Bel Air" logo on the raised side of the hood. The logo was in the old style script font. Otherwise I didn't register anything unusual about the vehicle. Did someone just stick a "Bel Air" logo on their hood for yuks? I had the impression if it was a real prototype that it should have had wood paneling -- this didn't.
  • For those living in the frigid parts of the U.S. and Canada…does your rear defogger turns on automaticly when you strat your HHR with your remote start?
    Mine does and stays on until I put my key in the ignition and turn it to the “on” position.
    Just wanted to know if this was normal.
  • I HAD A 2006 HHR 2LT and it did the same thing. Had to get the rear deforgger fixed 2 times. After they fixed it the first time ( warrenty ) it came back and it didnt come on with the starter. 1 month later, now out of warrenty it stopped working. Took it back to the dealership, they said it was another issue (burnt wires), and that I would have to pay for it... But when I got it back, low and behold it came on when using the car starter... Now I don't own a chevy anymore.
  • Sorry to tell you this but my friend has a 2009 HHR and he told me that it's normal for the rear deffoger put put itself on automatically when using your remote starter on a cold day.
    He showed me the paragraph in his owners manual and found it in mine also. So they worked on yours twice and then told you about a burnt wire issue and all the time it was normal.