Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer Satisfaction Surveys

Comments

• thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    for future reference - you can request a dealer swap for a car that would have been suitable for your needs from the dealer you had a good experience from. they could go find a car that meets your needs, and you can reward a dealer who did right by you by buying from them. its not always 100% feasible, however - but its always an option!

-thene :)
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    "You know, I was really polite to the guy, start to finish, even though he was pushy and aggressive and at one point implied (loudly) that I was stupid based on something that he realized within 30 seconds was his own mistake. He also offended my fiance by insinuating (again loudly) that we might not be able to afford the car. (Based only on the rent we were putting down on the credit app. - without knowing what we earn.)

But the real kicker was him lying to us outright about what the car truly was."

And you still bought the car from this dealership????? I'd hate to see what you put up with you buy a house.
  • I understand your sentiment, but your post is entirely unhelpful. I wouldn't put up with anything to buy a house.

For one, I will never be in a position where I HAVE to buy a house this weekend. We can sit pretty in our apartment for 6 months to a year while we check out every house (or real estate agent) in the area if we want.

Two, most houses are not new. Therefore I want to have at least a basic trust in the seller to disclose major problems (although you still need an inspector). My car is new, therefore any problems that arise are covered under warranty.

Three, I will have a real estate agent working for me. If the selling person is unpleasant...well, I'm paying someone else to deal with that. If they are downright nasty, then that makes me question their trustworthiness (see #2) and I will probably not buy.

They are two totally different things. Buying a house involves so much more than buying a car. Would I prefer to buy a car from someone I like? Of course! I'd even pay little more to do so. But sometimes it just can't shake out that way. All in all, I got what I wanted - a great car for a great price.
  • sk8ermaidensk8ermaiden Posts: 20
    How long does it generally take a (Ford) survey to show up in a mailbox?
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    They coincidentally come after you have had (2) phone calls from the local selling dealer verifying that you are satisfied..........about a month in my case.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    You already rewarded the salesman and dealership for their bad behavior by buying the car from them instead of walking out. My point is if you don't mind being lied to and treated like a second class citizen to buy a car (most people 2nd biggest purchase), what kind of treatment are you willing to put up with when buying a house or TV, etc. Now you are sitting waiting for a survey to get back at the salesman. The time to complain for that kind of behavior was before the sales was complete by walking out. Not afterwards on a survey.

If you are so happy with getting " a great car for a great price", why are you complaining about the service? You got what you wanted.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,017
    "...Crap, Oldfarmer..."

Simmer down there big boy, I was referring to ME giving lofty advice, not you. Did you read my whole post?

My point was that it is difficult to do the right thing when you are involved in the emotion of the moment.

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    Simmer down there big boy

Did you not see my :D Emotorcon? I was just kidding.
    "...Did you not see my Emotorcon?..."

Ooops :blush: . Am I embarrassed :blush: . Sorry :cry:

• sk8ermaidensk8ermaiden Posts: 20
    I decided not to ask for any extra services from the dealer. I really don't want to be further involved with them.

I don't want to "get back at the salesman." I just want a chance to answer the survey honestly. Yes, he will probably get a poor rating in most areas, but, for instance, the F&I guy was wonderful.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    The dealer messed up so I had to return there today!

Nothing big just needed a photocopy of my DL for the
    financing banks requirement. It was a opportunity
    to take a ride in the rural countryside on a nice day!

So as I was shooting the breeze with the GM, F&I
    guys as well as the salesman I was bustin' about how
    I hammered them on the GM new car survey..........
    Why they asked???????????

I mentioned because the F&I guy knew i wasn't a "lay
    down" and didn't sweat me on buying a extended warranty,
    choke n' croak, and rust n' dust!!!!!!!!!!

The GM for trying to rob me out of my trade in by only
    offering me $21,500 and then selling it for $23,900 !

The salesguy for not splitting his commission "on the
    slide" with me either...............

We all had a good laugh and I was asking them if the
    owner Charlie was around and if they wanted me to
    bust on him a little bit !!!!!
    They asked me not to because he was in a miserable mood!

Said my goodbyes and promised a "completely satisfied"
    on the survey and went on my way!!!!!!!!! :P
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Posts: 2,039
    :confuse:

I'm always confused when reading your posts. What's the point?

-Moo
    What happened to posts #467 and #468?

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Sometimes a little pruning is necessary. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    Sometimes a little pruning is necessary

Ya I should be in full bloom. I used to get pruned allot earlier in the spring :D
  • bremertongbremertong Posts: 436
    Nice to see you post here too! We have sent messages back and forth at the Deville web site. I recently traded my 2004 Deville for a new 2006 DTS. The salesman noticed some small damage on the front bumper AFTER I wrote my check. I was brought back for repair and was told that by the scratch repair person that I would have to leave the car overnight, to which I replied, I know a one hour scratch repair service that can come and repair at the dealership to which they replied that service could not repair that kind of scratch, bottom line the scratch repair person repaired the scratch in one hour to like new condition. This
    plus the fact that the car stalled out several times in the first few weeks that I had it. On my first visit they said they had reset some error codes and all would be fine now.
    Almost as soon as I got home the car stalled out again, at that point I called the General manager and he arranged to have the battery changed, they also found several voltage error codes. The electrical system seems okay after second visit, just a week ago. They also would not change the oil which had been in the engine since it left the factory in Sept. 2005, once again the general manager stepped in and told them to change the oil without charge to me. The salesman took very little interest in assisting after he took my check. BOTTOM LINE: The survey, I will check several items as somewhat satisfied and some as satisfied but none of the survey will be checked as completely satisfied. Since it is close to 140 miles round trip to the
    dealership I was greatly inconvienced by all this nonsense.
    Think I'm right not to pass them with flying colors for this kind of experience. Wondered what others think???
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    after bringing my hyundai for service I received a survey. I would have gave them excellant marks but I returned it to them as they offered to fill the gas tank on my car for the blank survey with the return envelope. free is always good.
    "...they offered to fill the tank on my car..."

You got $40 worth of gas and the salesman got hundreds in bonus money. You sold your integrity cheap.

• nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    the survey was for the service department not for sales. As I previously wrote I would have given them excellants so they still would have received their bonus. I would be dumb to turn down their offer. as the old saying goes money talks b.s. walks
    "...was for the service department not for sales..."

Oh, I misunderstood. You sold your integrity for the right price then.