Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 Lincoln LS in drive, but would not move. 10 minutes later, drove just fine. Plenum gasket?

ac909009ac909009 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2015 in Lincoln
My check engine light has been on for a few weeks. I was told my plenum gasket needs replaced and the air/gas ratio was off. My car has been stalling if I sit idle at a red light for too long or if I am in park for more than a minute.

Today, I went to drive my car home from work and it would not drive. It started just fine, but when I put it into reverse or drive, the car would not budge. I tried putting it in and out of gear and turning the car off and on, and nothing would happen. Finally I gave it a little more gas than before (about 4000 RPMs) and finally it moved. It drove just fine on the way home.

Anyone else have this problem? Are these two problems related, or two separate problems?

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    Two separate problems. Check your transmission fluid level/condition before you try and drive it again.