Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Broken overhead console and Airbag light

km_2828km_2828 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2015 in Kia
Hi,

Few weeks ago I purchased a 2009 Sedona with 118k miles.

We accidentally broke the overhead console, and, as a result, the interior lights and the power sliding door buttons no longer work (doors open/close only with key FOB). Additionally, the Air Bag light came on. I am really concerned about the airbag light, but I am not sure if these could be related to the broken console. Any help/advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    Looking at service information the relationship isn't clear. This is where the trouble codes would help get a sense of direction, but the possibility of a communication failure between some of the modules is pretty high. You need to get codes form all of the modules that will communicate and post them, then I can look further.
  • MickeyDrivesAKiaMickeyDrivesAKia Member Posts: 1
    I am now having EXACLTY the same issue - ALL symptoms are identical and there are no other issues.
    km_2828, please let me know what the solution was for this.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I think cardoc (above your post) gave you a hint as to the next step. Since so many modules communicate with each other through the BUS, your diagnosis has to center on what might be interfering with what.

I presume you've done due diligence and checked all your fuses, grounds and fusible links?