Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Poor Panel Fitment Overshadows Great Design - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Dodge
imagePoor Panel Fitment Overshadows Great Design - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Dodge Viper may be an excellent go-fast machine but when you look closely, things don't line up very well.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dvanosdvanos Member Posts: 52
    Totally unacceptable for a six figure car. Porsche 911 S all the way!!
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Fit n' Finish was never a Viper strong point. The tradition obviously continues!
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Panel gaps are not an indicator of poor build quality or real-life reliability in any way. But panel misalignment is a potential red flag. Doesn't cause the car to break down, but it does make you wonder what else the assemblers might have missed...
  • Options
    nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    No wonder only a handful are sold each year......you really have to love a Viper to pay so much for such obviously poor assembly. No excuse really since the line speed is so slow.
  • Options
    craigo7craigo7 Member Posts: 51
    Are vipers handbuilt? I've seen plenty of 6 figure cars with misaligns because the humans putting them together aren't as consistent as robots that work on the high volume assembly lines.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    That's put together worse than my '96 Firebird. Plastic American cars always have panel gaps that will swallow pets and small children, in my experience.