Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rajv1rajv1 Posts: 7
    Hi
    I bought it at Twin Cities.
    MUST use the quote from Lexus Dealerships in CA to match the price + shipping cost..
    So Invoice + $ 850 would be ur target
    I bought one with everything on it
    Sports Package, Rear ent, tow package, Nav etc.....
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    I got a 2006 GX 470 with everything except sports package for 48,200. MSRP was 55,200. They also trew in chrome wheels worth $1500 for only $1000. How did I do?

P.S. I didnt know you could get a remote starter, is that an accesory?
  • Hi,

I was quoted a flat $850 over invoice for a 2006 GX470. Is this any good?

It's from an out of state dealer so I'd have an additional ~$750 in shipping.

I'm planning on contacting my local dealer and seeing what they are interested in offering.

Thanks.
  • Just placed an order for 2006 Lexus GX470 with 3rd row seating/rear air, Nav/Mark Levinson audio, rear dvd entertainment, preferred accessory package. MSRP $54152. Got it for $48000 + $129 doc fee, so about $1500 over invoice. I think it's a good deal for the southeast. Got quotes on Edmunds from Atlanta and Nashville lexus dealers.
  • Looking to buy a 2006 GX470 in Chicago or preferably the northern suburbs. Haven't seen anything about local pricing here.
    Looking for: NAV/Levinson,3rd Row Seat/Air,Rear DVD. MSRP $54,152. What is a good price in this area and which dealer? Best approach to get this price? What are the additional charges that are valid and not valid. Have gotten quotes in the high $48,000s so far.

Thanks
  • $47500 for ML/GPS, 3rd row, rear dvd. This is the best price I've seen in the Bay Area, CA, Make sure everyone gets that 5.25% interest rate they're offering until Jan 3rd.
  • Hi-ocheng76 That is an amazing deal, they actually signed the car over to you for $47,500 or was that just a quote?? The 5.25% rate (purchase not lease right) you got was for 60 mths or 72 mths, what term was it for?? Can you tell me the Name & City of the dealership you went to.
  • Does anyone know why the GX has not been crash tested yet? Is it because Lexus doesn't want it tested? Also, is there any way to check on actual roll over incidence by car model? I'm trying to decide between RX and GX...I like both and both would suit my needs. I'm wondering which is safer in a crash...I see it like this: GX has weight advantage but RX has been crash tested and is likely more stable and probably handles better in emergency maneuvers. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
  • It is not up to Lexus if they want the NHTSA to crash test their car or not, it is up NHTSA. The NHTSA probably didn't test the GX because it has already tested the 4runner which has the same chassis. The roll over rating for the GX is actually pretty good for a SUV that tall, it is because it is a body on frame design and most of the weight is on the lower half. The RX's roll over rating is a bit better, thats because it has lower ground clearance. IMO, the GX would be safer in a carsh due to it ladder frame design and the added weight. Both the RX and the GX are not good handling SUVs, theya re not design for that. Normally the RX handles a bit better tahn the GX but if you add the KDSS to the GX, the GX will handle much better than the RX.

Good Luck
  • $47500 was the actual purchase price, not a quote. The 5.25% was on a 60 month(it was a purchase), no pre-payment penalty. I purchased it at Oakland Lexus. Hope that helps!
  • Hi all,
    recently i got quote for "2005 Lexus GX470 in Silver Pine with Ivory Leather with the Navigation, Rear DVD Entertainment Sport Package" for $45,995. and delear still want to work on price if i take delevery before 31st dec.
    is it good price for 2005 model?? I just started my shop arround for GX470. please tell me difference between 2005 and 2006 model year.
    thanks,
    hiworld1
  • davidc1davidc1 Posts: 168
    Sounds like a great price to me for what appears to be a loaded GX.
  • Just brought new 2006 Lexus GX 470 in bay area, Nav/ML, Rear Seat Entertainment System, Third Row Seat w/ AC, Preferred Accessory Package, basically everything except sporty package (I don’t need KDSS and not fan of dark gray leather).

MSRP: $55211
    Price: $47300 + license/registration/tax

Hope this helpful, have fun, it is great truck, be sure test the driver seat.
  • ntuntu Posts: 9
    I'm thinking of buying a GX470 and already own a RX330. Does anyone know if there are any loyalty discounts? If so, how would I get my hands on such a discount (I think in the past they sent me some fliers but I have looked and can't find it anylonger).

Thanks in advance.
  • I live in the middle-east and here we don't get as much cars as people in America. For eg. the entire acura range, lexus GX etc. I wanted to show everyone this pic. This is the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, and after doing a lot of research, I have come to know that this SUV is a toyota badged Lexus GX470. But, it comes with a 4-litre V6 262HP engine producing 38.1kg-m torque (here we use metric units). I just wanted know the exact performance figures for the GX and if this car really is a re-badged GX.

And one more thing, the fully loaded version of this car with leather seats (3-ros) sat nav, nakamichi 10 speaker audioetc. comes for only $30,000!!
  • ntuntu Posts: 9
    First let me thank the other forum members for their postings. I just bought my lexus GX470 in the bay area and used the information on this site to negotiate my deal.

MSRP: 57800 (full loaded, sports, nav, etc.)
    Out the Door Price: 54800

Bought the car for invoice and was able to get a decent amount for my trade-in as well.

Great Car - I am very happy with my purchase.
  • Anybody seen any good deals/know of a dealer willing to quote in the Mid Atlantic area? I got a quote for a loaded (Lexus Link/Rear DVD/NAV/3rd row seat...sticker of 55K, quote for 50K from one of the local buying services. Based on what I'm reading, that's not a great deal and I was wondering where else to look. Thanks.
  • I am interested in buying a 2007 Lexus GX. I was wondering if anyone has heard if there will be any major changes and if XM radio will be offered as a standard option? Has anyone who bought a 2006 put in XM? Has anyone who bought a 2006 used LexusLink and could tell me more information about how it works? Sincere thanks!
  • Could you tell me where you bought your vehicle? How did you get the invoice price?
  • Lexus of Nashville in Brentwood, TN. They were easy to work with. Picked up my new Lexus on Dec. 23rd. You can get the invoice price from edmunds, but I found Consumer Reports new car pricing info to be most useful because it included dealer incentives/holdbacks and gives you a better estimate of what the true dealer "invoice" is. I would not rely on edmunds TMV pricing for the TN area. I got almost $5000 off what the edmunds TMV price was for the Nashville/Atlanta area.

Good luck. It's a great SUV.
  • Does anyone have a recommendation for a Lexus dealer in the Houston area that will sell a GX for $750 to $1,000 over invoice? Salesman name? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,456
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Are there any buying experiences for the GX 470 in Charlotte? Will likely be pulling the trigger in the next few weeks and would appreciate any feedback on pricing for Charlotte.
  • I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HEARD OF ANY GOOD DEALS ON 2006 LEXUS GX470 LEASE FOR 36MONTHS IN OHIO/INDIANA/KY/ILL AREA

THANKS

FELIX
  • I worked a deal with Flow Lexus in Kernersville NC(outside of Greensboro) today for invoice (approx 46,800 + $390 "doc fee". Raleigh dealer offered $49,400, Richmond VA dealer was the almost the same. Just for grins, I tried JM Lexus in Florida, and could get invoice on an 05, but could only get 51K for a 06. Flow guy was pretty straightforward....asked me what it would take to do a deal and I said invoice...called me back in 5 min and said "deal"....but doc fee was non-negotiable. Based on what I've been reading and other offers I received, this seems to be pretty good to me.
  • The GX will not have a major change till the 2009 model year. You can install either XM or Sirius on the 06 GX. Many have done it to their GX.
  • Had the same experience at Flow Lexus. I was negotiating with Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte. Hendrick was offering $52,100 for MSRP of $55,726. Hendrick came in with an initial offer of $54,200. My offer was $48,500. They came back with a reduction of $2,100 to $52,100. I told them I would be checking around and felt I could get a better price, but they were not willing to play. I don't think they believed me.

Called Flow Lexus in Kernsville and within 5 minutes had a deal for invoice (approx $49,000). Out the door price with tax, title, tags, etc. was $50,909.

MSRP: $55,726
    Mark Levinson/Nav, Third row seat, towing package, accessory package, dealer installed dual headrest DVD player.

Thanks to the board, especially rale_drvr for posting their experiences.
  • Glad it worked out twice.
  • The other day, I was at the local Chevy dealer. I drove a 2007 Tahoe. To make a long story short, when I was in the salesman's office, he had a copy of a Lexus sticker on his desk. I asked him what was up with that. He said a guy was trading in a 2006 "470" on a 2007 Tahoe LTZ 4x4. I said something like, "I guess he didn't like the Lexus." The reply was, "I guess not."

I assume that the "470" is a GX470. He said it was a 2006. I didn't ask about options or mileage. If I find out details, where's the best place to find the value of this "used" vehicle?? KBB doesn't include 2006 used vehicles? Also, what kind of gas mileage can one expect from this vehicle??

Thanks.
  • I bought my brand new GX 2 months ago. So far, after 3000 miles I'm averaging 15.6 miles per gallon. Not great. But the vehicle is awesome. No complaints.