Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks for the info JYI. we are in the bay are and is currently looking for one. I wish the buying process is as easy as it was there. Getting 9k of MSRP at the end of 06 for a 07 car is really out of this world. ppl at the club lexus are really happy getting 7-8k already.

one question, since the 07 models are coming to an end, do you think it's possible to get 10k or more at your dealership? if so, we might just fly down there as we might be making a trip to LA fairly soon anyways. TIA
  • rfallsrfalls Posts: 9
    We ended up with the XC90 on a 24 month lease while we wait and see what happens with a possible GX 470 redesign. The configuration on the 3rd row seat ended up being the deal killer for my wife.

I did end up negotiating for a 2007 GX 470 with Nav and Third Row Seat packages (also cargo mat, cargo net and tow hitch). Lease was $799/month (tax and tags rolled in -- lease tax in MD is 5% of "sales price), no money down for a 36 month, 12,000 mile lease. This was from Len Stoler in Baltimore, Md.

That was the best I could do after a week of haggling. No DC area Lexus dealer came close to the offer (approx $150-$200 more a month). Lexus of Annapolis was $809/month for the same price.

The lesson I learned from all of this is if and when I get my next Lexus, I don't think I will ever deal witht he DC dealers. Given how non-competitive they were, they must preu on a lot of naive people.
  • rbanderbande Posts: 7
    Would you please email me the sales person details?
    Do you have third row for $45k?

Email: branga@yahoo.com

thanks,
  • jyijyi Posts: 7
    Yes, it is included. The guy was old, tall and from Middle East.
    Just tell them that your friend got 45000 and ask that they should give better deal than that. Ok? Good Luck
  • wantrx330wantrx330 Posts: 26
    The best deal I could get here in Portland Oregon was $47500 (Nav, 3rd row,tow hitch, cargo mat/net). Oregon doesn't have sales tax so out the door price should be $48k.

However, I heard from one of the dealership that Lexus is going to discontinue the GX and fill in the gap with a car base chassis (more like RX). They are not sure if it'll retain the GX badge. So only truck base chassis in their lineup will be the LX. Please take it with a grain of salt.
    But there's some truth to it. So I am bit worried about its resale value.

We decided to look at BMW X5 because its newly designed. Thanks for all your help.
  • I talked to the cerritos dealership and was told last decemeber they had a sepcial extra incetive to move the car, so he wasnt able to offer the 45k or less. the best he could do is 47.5k for the 53.6k car.
  • newgnewg Posts: 6
    Howdy folks,

Thanks for all the great info. I am negotiating on a GX 470 with Entertainment/Navigation/Spoiler/Third Row. Edmunds shows invoice of $47,400. The first dealer I talked with wouldn't go below $50,200 (2800 over invoice with junk fee).

Could someone share the best price you have paid lately? Also, any info on a possible redesign with the 2009 model?

Regards,

- ab
  • As previously mentioned, I have a dealer in NJ who will do near invoice, which is about $2,800 less than you've been quoted. If you want his contact send me a note to phula11231 at yahoo.com.

It's only about 8 hour drive from Raleigh to here, so it might be worth the effort..

Let me know

ED in Metuchen
  • eastwindeastwind Posts: 4
    Bought my 07 GX yesterday in North Carolina. Nav-Mark LV/third row/spoiler/towing pac/accessory pac, sticker total 53,894; paid 48,366.77 (tax, doc, tag included). Two-week obsessive research on this particular truck (following a prelude that excluded X5 and MDX). Total three trips to two dealers. Closed the deal with a rather helpful salesman. Very satisfied with the experience as well as the result.
    That sounds like an throw away from the dealer - you mean sales tax is included in that???? If so, you paid $45k for the car (unless you had an expensive trade-in that washed your sales tax away)!! That is 3k below invoice!!!!!!

I got mine from GA for $48.6k + sales tax but it includes DVD player also along with Nav/Mark Lev/Third Row/Spoiler/et al (MSRP $55.5k). Basically everything except Lexus Link. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Pretty much shopped all over GA.

We ruled out MDX as the 2nd choice as well - was nice but not a lexus! Also looked at Escalade and LR3 and ruled them out early.
    Yes, that's out-of-the door price. NC sales tax is 3%, with doc and tag, it was about 1,900. So I paid much above 45K and I know the dealer made a profit, although not very large, from this sale.
    Wow! You did pretty good. Did you have any trade-ins at all? Would you mind giving the price break-up?
    No trade-in. I sold my old ride today.
  • tachentachen Posts: 2
    I was at Sterling McCall in Houston this morning. The best quote I got from the salesman after about 1 hour haggling is $48,000 for the following configuration of a black/ivory 2007 GX with an MSRP of $46,162 destination included:

(NL) Navigation System/Mark Levinson Audio Premium Sound System & Camera
    (TH) Third Row Seat with Rear Air Conditioner
    (TO) Tow Hitch Bracket (Includes Wiring Harness Converter, Sub-Bracket. Does not include Ball Mount.)
    (DD) Rear Wind Deflector
    (ES) Exhaust Tip
    (Z1) Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks, Cargo Net
    (ZZ) Personalized Settings

From what I learned on this forum I knew I should be able to get something better. But my 46K offer didn't interest the salesman.

I wonder if anyone have had better luck in the Houston area.

Also the 2008 model will be here in about a month and the MSRP of the 3rd row seat package will drop for about $1500. I am thinking about waiting for the new model.

Thanks.
    tachen,

Did you mean MSRP of $56,162 destination included?
    Does $48,000.00 include reat entertainment too ?

I am in Austin. I offered 49,500.00 for fully loaded GX 470. No luck yet.

What do you mean $1500 drop in 2008 model?

thanks,
    Any experiences striking good deal with http://fleetrates.com?

thanks,
  • tachentachen Posts: 2
    rbande,

Sorry about my mistake. I meant invoice of $46,162 destination included. $48,000 is for the options I listed in my original post. It doesn't include the entertainment package.

You can find out about the price drop of the 3rd row seat option in the 2008 model on line by googling for "2008 GX 470". Many web sites have the same information apparently released by Lexus. Here is an excerpt from automotive.com:

"The 2008 GX 470 will carry a base MSRP of $46,815, an increase of $180, or 0.4 percent. Additionally, the price of the popular Third Row Seat with Rear Air Conditioner option significantly reduced by $1,545 and will now be offered at $485."
    thanks tachen. 1500 seem to be a good deal.
  • ryamaryama Posts: 2
    I got an invoice from a dealer and it was pretty standard with invoice MSRP etc, BUT it also had the following> Shoud I be expected to pay TDA, Dealer Holdback, and whsl. Financial Reserver?

Total Accessories ...........................: $ 6718.00 $ 5193.00 $ 6718.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 715.00 $ 715.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 583.00 not negotiable
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 932.00 not negotiable
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 466.00 not negotiable
    --------- ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 47062.00 $ 54068.00
  • toddc2toddc2 Posts: 2
    They phone quoted MSRP $53536, Purchase $47875. This included Nav, 3rd seat, spoiler, preferred accessory, and exhaust tips.

I'm looking at a 60 month 12k lease. Fleetrates mentioned US Bank has the best MF .00226 for this lease. Additional fees of $30 year to join the group and shipping to Austin from Ca should run about $700.

Looks like a pretty good deal, anyone seeing anything better?