Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 300/ES 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Anybody have suggestions for the best child seat for stowing in the trunk and moving in and out often. I plan on getting a mat to cover the leather, but wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    Since this is a pricing discussion, you'll have better luck in one of these topics:
    Advice - Child Car Seats That Fit
    Lexus ES 300/ES 330

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• colleen4colleen4 Posts: 3
    ...I was shopping for a new ES330 for a while. Did not know what a good price was, and as expected I was geting the runaround from many dealers who rather negotiate with men than women.
    Someone told me to contact Woodfield Lexus in Schaumburg Illinois. Pretty far from where I live, but let me tell you, it was worth it. They treated me actually like I was important to them.
    The showed me the invoice and I paid a few hundred dollars over that. They took all the time to show me the bells and whistles on my new car
    including the Navigation system. I have visited some 5 Lexus dealerships, but this one stood out.
  • pfalcorpfalcor Posts: 3
    had a similar experience with a RX330 I purchased there as well. although not female, the experience was straight forward
  • Colleen4, would you mind telling those of us who are still shopping, the actual price that you paid before TTL.
  • gelightgelight Posts: 10
    Need your help on what bottom line pricing(before state sales tax) you paid for a '05 ES330 w/o nav. MSRP is $35,419 plus $299 for other fees. I calculate invoice to be in the 31,254(before $299 fee). Initial meeting was offered somewhere in the middle ($33,800). I reading in this chat pricing in the $32,000-32,500 range. I am in a city with only one Lexus dealer which maybe why I may have to visit other dealers to leverage a better deal. Please share your experience and pricing in your market on this vehicle. Thank you
  • hawk1eyehawk1eye Posts: 61
    I am planning to buy my ES330 with an XM radio. I can't find either a MSRP or dealer add on cost for this anywhere. Would appreciate very much if someone could post if they had one installed at their dealer. Thanks in advance. Hawkeye
    You'll likely find that adding a satellite radio will be cheaper (and possibly installed better) at a store that specializes in car audio. You might have a look at our discussion about XM & Sirius Satellite Radio for more info.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• gelightgelight Posts: 10
    My dealer said MSRP is $895 and would install for $745. On accessories, there is approximately 20% margin between cost and retail. The car is set for this radio and I if a Best Buy can do, I have to believe it would be cheaper than $895.
  • about2buyabout2buy Posts: 12
    The dealer wanted $800 to furnish and install the XM radio in a new ES330. I have seen the XM unit itself for the Lexus being sold on a major auction site on the net by a Lexus dealer for $395. Of course, you would then need to find someone to do the installation which the dealer claims is quite time consuming.
  • kmg68kmg68 Posts: 108
    "Can anyone help me to at least obtain a real quote from a recognized dealer that will be the same or lower than the prices obtained through the various web sites."

I received a quote in Atlanta for a fully loaded "tier 4" with M/L, Navigation, VSC, adjustable pedals, ventilated/heated seats, etc. for $35,162. I hope that helps!
  • kmg68kmg68 Posts: 108
    "Can anyone give me a sense for how much further I can push this? Thanks."

I wouldn't pay anything more than $1000 over invoice. You may even be able to get it for less than that......
  • smith83smith83 Posts: 46
    dna2511. Did you lease or purchase your new ES? It looks like you got a great deal from Johnson Lexus. I am dealing with the same dealership but am not having as much success. If you leased, what was your downpaymet and what is your monthly payment? What should I push for?

Thanks/
    I paid $31,951.00 for the car, which I thought was very fair. I also financed with the dealer, which offered a better rate than my credit union.
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    Congratulations on the new ES330! What was the MSRP for the car? Is this price exclusive of taxes, title, and registration fees? Were there any other fees on top of the $31,951? Where in the USA are you? What interest rate were you able to get?
    How did you get to $31,951 and not $31,900 or $32,000?
    I worked with the internet department of Woodfield Lexus, in Schaumburg IL.
    The list price of the car was $35,419.00 (that is what is says on the sticker in my glove box)
    my interest rate was 4.9% for 60 months
  • nospamnospam Posts: 54
    I knew I wanted an ES330. Did all of my price negotiation and financing comparison by the internet and email? Went to the dealer armed with preapproved financing. Got the right price and went to dealer to pick the color. Really easy. It took only a few days. I paid $31,032 for my 2005 ES330 with Premium Package in Dallas, Texas.
  • bikegalbikegal Posts: 50
    What is the premium package?
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    What was the MSRP of your ES including transportation?
  • atoewsatoews Posts: 637
    Bikegal has a very good point. It seems that anything that does not have ML/Nav, but has more options than the base vehicle, is called a "Premium Package".
  • tebbooktebbook Posts: 2
    Do you mind telling what you paid? I live in Bolingbrook. Did it have all the options? Thanks
  • drifter1drifter1 Posts: 1
    To add XM to an ES330 I was given a price of $759. I was told that most of the cost is labor because of the location of the converter.
  • The dealership might make money but the commission for the salesman is a minimum. He probably put you on the backburner and worked on more profitable leads. The dealership might have made the sale but its up to the salesman to get you back there.
  • Dealerships dont pay the salesman 25% of the over invoice money. They pay 25% of actual gross profit on the car. $1000 over invoice is at best a mini deal for the salesman. Which is around a $100. Thats why they arent in much of a hurry to call you back. Unless he needed any sale to meet his quota.
  • Dealerships compete with each other to get better inventory, choice models, and other goodies from the corporation.

Some dealers who are high volume will do just about anything to make a deal. They will let some go for next to nothing since that one deal could mean the difference of winning that month over another dealer.

Smaller dealers probably dont get into that game since they arent competing on a volume level.

Chevy can afford to give steeper discounts and rebates since the prices are so jacked up to begin with. If you dont believe that, what crazy company can offer up to 10k off MSRP??
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I see ads that go "$12,000 BELOW MSRP!!! ALL NEW SUBURBANS!!!" But when you head over to Chevy's website and price out a Suburban, the prices are outrageous almost to the point of being funny.
    OK, talking about Chevy ads is definitely off-topic in this discussion. Let's focus on Lexus ES 300/ES 330 purchasing.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

• Was this the price quoted by the dealer ($759)? Would you trust a car stereo shop to do the work? My 2005 ES330 came without an antenna - do they have to put one on to get XM radio? I would like to get XM radio because the radio reception is bad in my area but the dealer price seems high and I am afraid the stereo store will mess up my car if I have them do it. Please let me have your thoughts.
  • mjp58mjp58 Posts: 1
    Too much- I live in Illinois, just purchased a new 2005 Es 330, list was 35619,dealer sold me the car for 31800-which is invoice on this car with this msrp,also easier to get this price at end of month.
This discussion has been closed.