Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 300/ES 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• richbf2richbf2 Posts: 73
    I am in HOuston and this is what i have paid for my 05 es330. msrp: 37945+1700chrome rims(which have not arrived yet)+$295 tint. Dealer was willing to take (500) off msrp, (500) off chrome, and an additional $750. Tell me if this is an OK deal.
  • atoewsatoews Posts: 637
    poster: richbf2
    vehicle: 2005 ES330
    date: Sept 2004 (??)
    Region: Houston, Tx
    MSRP: $37945 (not including chrome wheels)
    price: $36695 (not including chrome wheels)
    %MSRP = 96.7%

MSRP: $39645 (including chrome wheels)
    price: $36195
    %MSRP = 91.2% (including chrome wheels)

I did not include the dealer add-ons (tint)
    It is difficult to do an exact apples-to-apples comparison on this deal because chrome wheels usually have a large mark-up and it is difficult to tell what deal you would have received without the chrome wheels.

I think, for future reference, if I were in your position, I might have negotiated the basic vehicle price first and then the chrome wheels.

For now, though, you have received a 91.2% MSRP, which seems like the average deal that folks are getting right now.
  • Just about correct. I got all my paperwork so I can post exact deal.

Date; Sept 9, 2004
    Vehicle; 2005 ES330
    Region; San Diego, CA
    MSRP; $35244
    Price; $32116 (included all dealer fees & temp in-transit fee to drive it home)
    %MSRP; 91.1%

This included delivery to me in Las Vegas from San Diego
    Thanks for your data. After I get a few more, I'll post a summary of all deals in one post.

By the way, purchasing in So. Cal results in greater benefit than just price over purchasing in Texas.

In Texas, the dealers add all of these options that jack up the price of a car. My boyfriend, who purchased his car in Dallas, complained about that.
  • mbdalembdale Posts: 4
    HAS ANY ONE PURCHASED A 2005 ES330 IN THIS AREA?

IF SO WHAT TYPE OF DISCOUNT DID YOU GET AND FROM WHAT DEALERSHIP?

IS THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM OF ANY SIGNIFICANT VALUE?
  • txjaytxjay Posts: 6
    Sorry for the delay. I bought the car from Lexus of Clear Lake. The internet managar I dealed with is nice and professional. Sterling McCall offers the same deal.
  • richbf2richbf2 Posts: 73
    Thanks for your response and detailed summary of my deal. Your calculation is excluding the chrome rims of $1700 & tint of $295. The actual figure on my paper is $38,190,add chrome + tint, then deducting -($500), (-500), and (-750). The DO price is $41 something... I think i am paying little too much for this vehicle. What do you think? THANKS
    Well, I don't think it is an issue of your paying too much for your deal. I think it is more an issue of what options a purchaser such as yourself is willing to consider to get a lower price.

for example, several posters on this site have stated that Houston area salespeople are unwilling to deal. If you are constrained to purchasing in Houston, then it sounds like you don't have much choice but to pay a higher price.

You may not elect the option of driving to Southern California or even Dallas, areas that may offer lower prices.

This board tries to provide information so that potential purchasers see what some of their options may be.
    I am not certain I understand your deal. Since we are comparing %MSRPs, I'll try and figure out a reasonable number to assume is your MSRP.

I believe that since there is no such thing as an MSRP for a tint, I'll leave the tint price out of your deal.

So, not including the tint, is the MSRP of your vehicle equal to the following:

MSRP = 38190 + 1700 = $39890
    Price you paid = 39890 - 1750 = $38140
    (everything except
    license, tax,
    and tint)

%MSRP = %38140/39890 = 95.6%

Does this look reasonable?

If so, then you are paying 3-4% MSRP more than other posters have paid. This equates to up to about $1600 more than folks from other geographical regions might be paying for your vehicle.

If I lived in Houston, based on your deal, I'd seriously consider trying to get a better price in Dallas, and driving there if need be. A drive of 250 miles would be worth it to me for that much of a price differential, but then each of us have different priorities.

By the way, I don't mind long drives and I think that for $1600, if I lived in Houston, I might consider purchasing in So Cal and driving the car home. But to some, it might be worth 1600 not to hassle the drive.
  • fbezafbeza Posts: 11
    I just came back from an East Bay dealer.
    2005 ES330 with NAV, HID, HTD/COOLED SEATS/WOOD STEERING/KNOB.

quoted me $400 over invoice

MSRP = 36,894
    INV = 32,854
    QUOTE = 33,254 90.1% of MSRP

I noticed the LEXUS Brochure warns about more than normal tire wear on 17" wheels. Any opinions on this?
  • tds1tds1 Posts: 73
    That sounds like a great deal to me. Especially for the 2005.
  • tjtjtjtjtjtj Posts: 1
    txjay,

Do you know what is the invoice price of your car?
  • More info:

Region: Houston
    You mentioned the name of your salesperson, which is against the rules on Edmunds. Therefore, I'll recopy your email here, with the name of your salesman deleted, so that if the Edmunds "host" sees your mail and deletes it, we still have the info:
    ==========================================

I just bought an ES330 this afternoon with the premium package (same as txjay): (17" WHEELS WITH SUMMER TIRES, POWER REAR SUNSHADE, WOOD STEERING WHEEL AND SHIFT KNOB,IN-DASH 6-CD AUTO CHANGER,LUGGAGE MAT, WHEEL LOCKS AND CARGO NET), MSRP is $33,964 (including destination).

Thanks to txjay, I was able to use his price as reference and negotiated the price down to $31,047 + inventory tax + doc fee + $385 Permanvin + TTL.

Price: 31047 + 77 + 50 + 385 = 31,559
    MSRP: 33,964
    %MSRP: 31,559/33,964 = 92.9 %

The only dealership that would even talk to me at this price range was Sterling McCall Lexus. Took me a total of 5 emails, 2 phone calls, and total time of 2 hrs at dealership to walked in & out with a new car.

This board helped me tremendously in pricing my car. Hopefully, I can do the same for others ..

As for the transmission issue, test drives found nothing. Drove it 25 miles home and only found a slight hesitation if I pump the gas hard (not my typical driving habits).

Overall, very satisfied. This forum rocks ..

=============================================
  • lee_wlee_w Posts: 239
    Thanks, we do miss a lot of valuable information that way. I always copy the deleted message in an email so they can edit and re-post easily, but they don't always take the option.
  • I plan to get this car + HID package (MSRP $35244) in two months. So far, I got two similar quotes of ~$2000 off MSRP. As I saw the posters here, the price is a little bit higher. Also, I have to pay 7% tax + ~$300 doc fee + $42 title. Is there anyone in my area getting better deals?
    Thanks.
  • donegaldonegal Posts: 49
    Trading a 2003 ES300 for a 2005 ES330. Trade-in is in very good condition with 28,000 miles. Trade-in and new vehicle are fully equipped including navigation/Mark Levinson audio.

Dealer MSRP is $38,469. Dealer has offered $25,500 for trade and $2,335 discount off of MSRP. Out of pocket cash before tax and other fees would be $10,634. Would this be a good deal?
  • I posted #706 a couple of weeks ago and don't get any response. So, I only can do my homeworks by my own.

ES330 + premiums package, MSRP $35269. I paid $32569 + $399 doc + $42 TAG/title + 7% tax. Before tax, It looks like I got 93.5% of MSRP ($2700 off from MSRP or $2300 if including doc). As compared to other deals on this board, I may pay a little more. But, I am satisfied the results.

There are 5 dealers in my area. all of their quotes are quite close ~$2000 off MSRP or ~2500 during the week at end of month. So, I pick one is closest to my house (4-mile). Let me know if any one needs further info.
  • fuxinfuxin Posts: 1
    Could you please let me know how much you payed for tint?

Thanks,
This discussion has been closed.