Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 300/ES 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• atoewsatoews Posts: 637
    hunter06, I have two quotes from NJ dealers:

que2, 2005 ES330, 1059, 3/31/05, Little Falls, New Jersey (Tri-County Lexus) $35909, $31,800, 88.6% MSRP

x021607, 2005 ES330, 1006, 9/1/05, Bridgewater, NJ (DiFeo Lexus), purchase, $35909, $32500, 90.5% MSRP.

Not being from that area, I have no idea how close these dealers are to one another, but clearly the two posters received different deals on what appears to be the same car in a similar geographical area. It would be up to you (the New Jersey puchaser) whether you would want to travel to save ~ $700, which is the difference between the prices these two posters paid for the same car.
    Well, don't forget that there can be two factors impacting MSRP difference between 06 and 05:

a) the MSRP on the base car and options can differ between the '05 and '06.
    b) "Fully loaded" has a different meaning for the respective model years. For example, some people are saying that ML does not come on the 2006. If a fully loaded 05 has an ML and a fully loaded 2006 does not, then that alone may explain the price difference. ie why the 06 costs less.

I'd avoid the term "fully loaded" because that can have different meanings from region to region.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,128
    "Seabush.. How would you know what the factory to dealer incentive is or even the factory holdback ?"

You can find all of this information on Edmunds.com.. ;)

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• x021627x021627 Posts: 148
    difference is about 40 miles i think. I got free sirrus radio and service for 9 mos.
  • seabushseabush Posts: 68
    Here's how I came up with the price.

Invoice: $28,528
    Navigation 1,843
    Destination $650

Total Invoice $31,021
    Less Dealer
    Holdback (2% of Base MSRP) (644)

Dealer Cost $30,377
    Plus Dealer
    Profit (3% to 5%) 911 to 1519

Offer Price = $31,288 to $31,896

Note: If you have more options than what I have, then the offer price goes up. What was the MSRP on the car?

Dealer Holdback Info can be found at http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incentives/holdback/?synpartner=edmunds&pageurl=www.edmunds.- - com/advice/incentives/holdback
    Don't know how much sirrus radio is worth, but perhaps the radio plus the service is worth $700, which means that you and que2 received equivalent deals. If so, I'd call them both 88.6% MSRP.

On the other hand, I know that ALL owners receive at least one free service and I actually thought it was two. The two free services could actually cover 9 months or so, which would mean everyone receives this deal.

I bought my car in 2002, so I am not remembering how many of my services were free, but I know it was at least one.
  • que2que2 Posts: 9
    Lexus gives first service free and schedule is 5,000 miles or 6 months, whichever occurs first. I just had mine done today at the local dealership in NY, not where I purchased in NJ - no questions asked! They had me sign an invoice to turn in to warranty so that is a give-away and has no value in the deal (unless you drive more than 10,000 miles in the 9 months). Given Lexus reliability, there should be no more than routine maintenance in the first 9 months. Sirrus receiver is probably funded by the radio company and after the free trial, you have to pay a monthly fee. If you don't pay, you still have the ugly bump on the roof to live with.
  • We were looking for a 2005 Lexus ES 330. Base. No Options. Dealership didn't have the color we like. Dealership offered to sell a 2006 ES 330 for $500 below invoice if we bought it today. We didn't take it because we hadn't done our homework. They are willing to give this deal to make numbers is what they said. Should we have taken it? Monday is still this month (31st). We may get it at that price.

We didn't do any haggling. The dealership gave this figure. Is this a Good Deal?
  • We are now looking for a new 2006 ES 330 and would like a little help from someone on this forum with inside info!
    #1) Can you reply with the MSRP and INVOICE prices of the complete packages that are offered for this Lexus model. (For example, the heated seat package has an MSRP of $3074, but what is the invoice price of this package?)

#2) Are these models typically built from the factory with the major packages only, or could you "order" a base ES 330 with VSC and Heated seats only?

It would be nice to have this type of info before sitting down with the car dealer!
    Your help would be appreciated!
    Dan
    See http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/lexus/es330/100610387/options.html?tid=edmunds.n.prices.pr- icebox..1.Lexus*&action=1&x=125&y=2 for MSRP and invoice pricing information.

Dealer's Actual Cost = ( Invoice Price - Factory To Dealer Incentives - Factory Holdback)

Your Offer = (Dealer's Actual Cost + 5% )
    They offered to sell you a base 2006 ES330 for $28,790 (Invoice Price of 29,290 less $500)? If so, I'd take that deal.
  • The sales person showed me the invoice price as 31,000 (approx but very close to actual). He offered to sell at 30,500. He told me that I will not get that price if I went back. He was showing the list price as $34,500.

The TMV Pricing Report is showing the following:

MSRP____________Invoice___________TMV
    National Base Price______$32,200___________$28,640________$31,684
    Destination Charge_________$650______________$650___________$650
    Total With Options_______$32,950___________$29,290_________$32,306

I don't know where the dealer was getting $34,500 from. There must be other things like undercoating. We were totally unprepared. Based, on the TMV though it looks like we left out a good offer. We were so unprepared.
    The car the sales person gave you a quote on is obviously a different car than one you did a TMV on.

I am going to guess that the car with the TMV report is a 2006, because the TMV is showing a walloping 98% of MSRP. 2005s are going for much less.

By contrast, it sounds like the $30,500 quote for a vehicle of list price $34,500 is for a 2005, because the TMV is something like 88.4% MSRP. I'd do the following if I were you:

1) Verify that by "list price", the dealer means MSRP. ("Sticker" and MSRP mean the same thing, but I don't know what list price is. Do not let the dealer use any term like "list price" in the future).

2) If "list price" means MSRP to the dealer giving you your quote, I'd take that deal if I were you. There are likely more features on the $34,500 car than there are on the $32,950 car and you would be getting it for $2000 less money. Of course, you'd would be one model year older, but I don't think that is worth $2000.

I don't think you will be a happy camper paying a $2000 premium for a year newer model with no upgraded features from the previous year's model.

If you REALLY want the latest Model Year, then wait until Spring of '06 to get the 2007 model. But don't pay 98% MSRP just because a vehicle is a 2006.
    It sounds like some additional options were part of the invoice price. If the MSRP was 34,500 then $30,500 would have been a good price. I think anything ranging from 88% to 90% MSRP is a fair offer price. Give them a call. They may still give you that price if you are ready to deal.
    I concur with seabush. If they are offering a price of $30,500 on a vehicle with $34,500 MSRP, I'd be happy with that. If it is a 2006, the deal is even better.
    Note: There's also special financing available on 2006 Lexus. Supposedly dealer financing of 4.8% is available for the 2006 ES330.

http://www.autosite.com/content/research/rebates/index.cfm/action/rebatesByMake/make_vch/L- exus
  • Thank You all for your input.

I went back to the dealer's parking lot. Closed today but will try to get on this deal tomorrow. If they won't let me in on the deal, I will wait a few months till the do :-).

Base Price (2006 ES 330) $32,300
    DC 6-Disk In-Dash CD Auto Changer $550
    Alloy Wheels $360
    Wood and Leather Steering Wheel $330
    Preferred Accessory Package (Z1) $194
    Destination Charge $650

Total $34,384

Invoice Price from Edmunds says $30,398

The price I was offered was $30,400 which the dealer said was $400 below invoice. I can't believe that I was offered such a good price without even asking. If I can't get this price tomorrow, I will probably give up for some time.
  • Just bought an ES330 earlier this evening with everything I wanted and a great price too!
    Here is the lowdown...

2006 ES330 Classic Silver w/ Black Leather

Navigation System Package with Single In-Dash CD Player And 6-Disc CD Changer Center Console (Does Not Include Cassette Player).
    Additional Options:
    - High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID)
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - 17" Alloy wheels with summer tires
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    - Power rear sunshade
    - Trunk mat
    - Wheel locks
    - Cargo net

MSRP $37524
    PAID $36000 out the door. I got the car for $33,200! The dealer took away all the other charges, except the musts (tax, lic, reg, tire)

Good Luck!

Bhavin
    OK, assuming the $36000 includes license, tax and all other govt fees, and $32,200 includes everything else, you have a deal of 88.4% MSRP which is a good deal.

It also supports my theory that the TMV Edmund's is showing for 2006s (approx 98%) is kind of out to lunch. No way would I pay 98% MSRP for a 2006 and it looks like you did not have to either.

Please include the geographical region of the dealer from whom you puchased your vehicle.

Congratulations.
  • Yes the price of the car including tax, license, registration, & tire was $36,000.
    No the price was not $32,200 (just might be a typo), it was $33,200 (plus 2 free tanks of gas).

I bought the car in El Monte (pretty much spells it out) but it was great customer service. The dealership has alot of perks which I like. Scheduled oil changes @ YOUR HOUSE (includes tire rotation, top off fluids, etc)! For any major service, they come and drop off a loaner on a flatbed & pick yours up.

All and all, GREAT experience and great dealership.
  • Great deal! These forums have taught me a lot. It isn't unreasonable to expect to purchase a new vehicle at 88%-90% of MSRP. You can get as low as 80% if cash-back rebate is in effect.
    You purchased a 2006 for 88.4% MSRP, which is a pretty good deal. I'll include your quote in my next summary.

Sorry for my misquote. You deal sounded so similar to vxlexus's that I just typed that quote in by accident.
  • Paid $30,455 + title + Tags + tax + Doc Fee.
    MSRP $34,384

No Bargaining involved.
  • Firstly, thanks to all who have posted here. This information has been very helpful.

I will likely be looking to buy a new car, probably an ES330, sometime next year (can't move right now to take advantage of year end '05 deals, so I will be waiting till '06es are more flexible in pricing.) I know a couple things that I want for sure, but not sure how to make sure I am getting quotes for comparable cars from dealers. I see four trim levels on some websites, like vehix, but I see a large variety of options on other sites, like this one, so I am not sure if each car is built to a particular trim/option level, or if there are many possible configurations. Basically I want a car pretty well loaded up, with Levinson sound system a requirement. I do not want chrome wheels. No color preference except not white. Is there an exact package to ask for quotes for? Sorry if this is already posted somewhere; I couldn't find an answer to this particular question, but I might have missed it since there are many pages of posts to check.

Also, anyone have a particluar dealer in the Atlanta to recommend or avoid? Thanks in advance. :)
  • dshahsdshahs Posts: 35
    If you paid 33,200 and otd price of 36,000, thats a difference of 2,800. How much is tax in california?? Here in Mass its only 5%. I am just curious. :lemon:
  • dshahsdshahs Posts: 35
    Most 2006 es 330 dont come with Mark Levinson audio system. 90% of the cars with Navigation dont come with Mark Levinson and the other 10% are built with Mark Levinson but with particular color(blue shale and silver pine mica). If you want the Mark Levinson you would have to order it specially thru Lexus and may take a month to get it though. Make sure you let the dealer know that you specifically want the Mark Levinson otherwise you will get the pioneer audio, which to me is very crappy and should not even be in a car this expensive.

:lemon:
  • I live in the Washington, DC area. A fully loaded (i.e., HH, HL, HN, NL, VV, WU, DC, Z1) runs around $39,200. Based on the various posts, it seems that $34,500 is a target price for a fully loaded 2006 ES 330.
  • Hi nkay. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Obviously, if price is more important than get the 06 ES sometime around February or March. Lexus also has December to remember sale where you could get some very good price. But remember, the all new ES is coming out next Spring I am guessing some time around March or April. That car would have a more powerful engine (3.5L probably close to 270 Hp) and a whole host of improvement. But then again you probably wouldn't get a good price on an 07. But keep in mind that if you want to buy an 06 next year, your resale value isn't going to be very good because of the all new 07 model.
  • I'm not too concerned about resale because I plan on driving this thing for 10+ years (trading in a 92 Civic.) Reliability and the Levinson sound system are the reasons I am looking at a Lexus. also look at the 07s redesign coming out as hopefully an opportunity to get a better deal on an 06. Plus, my financial plan doesn't allow for a new car for a couple months anyway.

Looks like from what dshahs says above, the Levinson option is pretty rare, so I guess I will have to see what's out there with ML sound when I am ready to buy, and take it from there. I bet most of the cars with Levinson sound are pretty well loaded up, so I shouldn't be lacking any options I want. But again, I am pretty flexible in the option and color department.
This discussion has been closed.