Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 300/ES 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gekko2gekko2 Posts: 87
    2002 ES CPO for $27K down from $30K listed?

I just went on your dealer's site (Lehigh Valley Lexus) and you have 02's with teen mileage listed at $32,500. I hope these have Nav/ML??

BUT - you also have an 02 with almost 37k miles listed at $33,900 so maybe this one has ML/NAV and the others don't?? Since you conveniently don't list options on the CPOs it makes it difficult to compare apples to apples and be an intelligent consumer. But I guess you guys don't want intelligent consumers - just like the real estate business you want them as dumb as possible - The dumber the better!
  • I'm not aware of any way to get the CarBargains price without paying.

However, CarBargains does the same thing that AAA, Sam's Club, and Autobytel do. They negotiate with the dealer for the lowest markup.

Therefore, if you get a price from Autobytel or Sam's Club for a similar geographic area, that might tell you approximately what Carbargains will be in your area.

NBC Today had good things to say:
    http://www.checkbook.org/auto/todayshow.cfm

Of course, your mileage may vary.
  • rbrrbr Posts: 106
    I think that's what LehighLexus is implying -- just the starting point in a negotiation. I agree the the pricing seems on the very high side, but I dont sense any devious motivation.

On the other hand, listing legitimate lower prices might actually get more people in to look at the cars -- I suspect its a bit of a turn-off to someone shopping on the web to see prices that are almost equal to new cars.
  • The 33,900 one does have nav/ml. The others do not. Although I enjoy the personal shot about yet another way we salesmen are "dark and deceiving", that is not the reason why it is not listed. We use outside companies to label our windows and run our websites. For them, it's alot easier to put on generic stickers than to list everything. And also the fact that by looking in the vehicle it is hard to miss the nav system. And I was using the last person's numbers as an example. rbr had it exactly. The prices are not set in stone. But the price of the vehicle is usually higher than what you would find used car retail to be on the internet because of them being CPO. 3years/100k mile warr. included
  • It ends today, but you could get 1.9% financing on CPO ES300's but not on new. Makes a difference if you are financing, but not cash buyers
  • gekko2gekko2 Posts: 87
    $27-$28K is a long way from $32,500.
    I see that is the case (about the 1.9% CPO offer ending today) but I cant imagine the deals getting worse in the Nov. -- Dec. time frame. Dont they usually get better to entice buyers into the showroom?

Hopefully it is close enough to the subject of this discussion, if lehighlexus is willing to do it, to have him comment on what factory programs will be made available in November on new/used ES 300s and 330s.
  • Lexus will have another program in effect this month. And then they always have December to remember with possible lower APR on new. I am not sure, but that is what I think they might do.
    And I never said WE sold our cars for $32-$33k new. For lack of argument, which I guess did not happen, I used your $32-$33k for a new one. The difference will be roughly $5k. I'm not looking to argue, but if you think that is too much, go new. Although, if you are interested in Lexus, it should be a good thing to look at the prices of used to see that you don't get nailed with huge depreciation.
  • Which will be in the next couple days, I'll keep you informed
    That the current CPO prices may be a bit higher than normal to reflect the current lower APR?

Lehighlexus, thanks for the offer on posting the new program when its available. "November to remember" would be nice. :>)
  • luegoluego Posts: 13
    I am with rbr. Thanks for providing us current and forthcoming LEXUS programs. It certainly will make one a smarter buyer.
  • Also, the current CPO prices are not bolstered because of the special APR, although it may seem that way. I know, as far as we are concerned, we go by what the vehicles are doing at our local auctions right now when we assess trade values. And the market has become very strong for ES's and RX's, so that is the reason why they are priced that way. Our prices pretty much follow the local market.
  • babs43babs43 Posts: 13
    I'm was told by my local dealer to purchase my ES330 until the "December to Remember" program. At the time he said he didn't know what the details would be on the percentage rates to BUY a car. Do you know what the rates will be? And when the "December to Remember" program actually starts? Thanks! Also, got a price on a loaded 2004 ES 330 with Navi/ML for $35,000 and change. Can I do better?
  • They usually don't give us the new programs until the first few days of the month. It will most likely start on the 1st and run through the new year. And that is a good price on the ES ($2000+ off)
  • babs43babs43 Posts: 13
    Thanks for the response! I'm going to wait the next few weeks to see what Lexus offers in December on financing.
  • My local dealer is offering me $32,500 with the premium package. Alternatively, they are offering $35,800 with the Nav.Pack. Are these good prices?
  • dbgindydbgindy Posts: 351
    Are you referring to a Lexus ES300/ES330? I'm assuming that since you also posted this on the Lexus board. The informed ones who visit these boards will need that info. :-)

Duncan
  • I just purchased a 2004 ES330 with ML/NAV using the CarBargains service to negotiate my deal. I received bids from six different dealerships located in the midwest(MO,IL,IA,IN). They ranged from $1,000 to $2,500 below sticker price - regardless of the options on the vehicle. Fortunately, the low bid came from a dealership within ten miles of my house, so I paid $2,500 under list for the ML/NAV configuration. However, I could have also purchased the ES330 without those options for the same discount.
    I cannot recommend CarBargains highly enough for buyers who hate to haggle/negotiate with salesmen. The entire process was hassle-free; and as a first time Lexus owner, I'm sold on the company's service oriented culture. My dealership traded vehicles with a dealer in Kentucky - meeting the transport truck at a gas station on the highway to swap cars. Otherwise, I would have had to wait for delivery an entire month, rather than only one week after purchase. Also, on the day I took possession of the car, my salesman picked me up at home so I wouldn't have to find a ride to the dealership. Little things perhaps, but this type of service keeps customers coming back again and again. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased.
    A couple of final words about CarBargains - the ML/NAV option is considered to be a different model, so it cost an additional $20 to get bids on the ES330 with/without these features. Finally, all of the CarBargains literature speaks of negotiating selling prices based on invoice figures. None of the six dealerships bid this way - all discounts were reductions from list.
  • I'd like to buy a Lexus ES 330. My local dealer is offering me $32,500 with the premium package. Alternatively, they are offering $35,800 with the Nav.Pack. Are these good prices?
  • I'd like to buy a Lexus ES 330. My local dealer is offering me $32,500 with the premium package. Alternatively, they are offering $35,800 with the Nav.Pack. Are these good prices?
This discussion has been closed.