Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Owners - Meet the Members

Comments

• Hi, y'all. I'm new to the forum, but I'm a ZR owner. I own a black on black 2004 ZR with 2454 miles on it. I know just about anything about Z's and mods for them. I've worked on numerous Z's in the past three years, so if you have question ask me or email me at johnt_1997@hotmail.com. My name is John and it's nice to meet y'all. Also, if you guys have a 2004 that was built before Sept 04 and are having tire wear issues, the best way to solve it is to have someone mechanically, not by computer, align your vehicle. After that, you shouldn't have an issue. Otherwise, I must say I love my Z, and will keep it for life.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,893
    just a suggestion, but you should just make your email public in your profile and not actually put it in the post. The hosts have warned that these boards are searchable through general web searches and you'll most likely wind up receiving unwanted spam.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,026
    Ditto what qbrozen said. If you want me to delete so you can re-post, let me know.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• jima1jima1 Posts: 1
    Having the same problem with my new z and can only fuel up by pulling up hard on the gas nozzle. I am taking it back to the dealer when the gas gauge is half full and let him try to put gas in it. If you find a solution let me know
  • shon1shon1 Posts: 2
    The front OEM tires on my 350Z (2003 performance version) are shot at 10,000 miles because of the front alignment problem. On tire rack I only saw a few tires (front 225/45R18, rear 245/45R18) that fit the OEM size. Any recommendations?
  • shon1shon1 Posts: 2
    Just make sure you get the front end re-aligned and upgrade the tires!
    I read some great reviews on those Avon all-season tires.

But, if you have an '03, you know the dealer will (or at least, should, and, if they don't, call nissan or find a different dealer) replace those fronts for free (althought, they will be the same crappy OEM tires).

• algrayalgray Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 350 Z with 3000 miles. Love the style, power, handling and great sound at 4000+ RPM. Minor nitpick- I detect a " rattly" or chattering sound when I engage the clutch on starting up, particularly starting on a hill. Not every time, but every once in a while. Any one else notice this on the six speed?
    i've read of this many times. the consensus seems to be that its perfectly normal.

• redn350zredn350z Posts: 2
    Hi!
    I absolutely LOVE the 350Z Touring Model I bought in Silverstone with Orange Leather Interior which is in immaculate condition with just about 14,000 miles on it, one year old, but I'm craving to get the Roadster Convertible!!!! Went to the car show today in St. Charles, IL and it was awesome to see all of our little Z's lined up in different colors!!!!! BTWay, the tires were replaced at 11,000 miles, no problem with dealership at all-----not questions asked.

Would buy another Roadster in a minute.....just need to sell the one I have now!
    I also have an '04 Silver over Orange. Its a great color combo. One of the best, if I do say so myself. :) I did want orange over orange, but I'm glad I wound up with the Silver since it is much less conspicuous. No sense in drawing more attention to yourself than necessary when speeding around in a sportscar.

Personally, I prefer the coupe. I like the added utility of the hatchback (however small that utility may be), not to mention the increased rigidity and decreased weight (if i wanted something heavier and slightly slower, I would have bought a G35).

Is yours auto or stick? (mine is stick.) I often wonder how many were produced with these colors.

If anyone is able to locate a breakdown of model/colors, please let me know.

• miata007miata007 Posts: 129
    jrsimpleman,
    Just exactly how can you have someone mechanically align the vehicle. Is it really that simple? Has anyone in this forum done this before? I am currently thinking about a new Z but are still not sure about this tire/alignment issue. What's the difference aligning a car using the computer vs the other method? Thank you for your help.

• kenieekeniee Posts: 2
    I bought mine new, 350 Z base model 6 speed manual on Jan 15/05. So far I have not experienced any of the problems peeps have discussed. I think a lot of the bugs in 03's and 04's have been eliminated. I have not heard this clutch noise you refer to. I live near mountains so I often take a beautiful ride in them. Steep climbs and no problems. I have had over revved (?spelling) the engine and dumped the clutch laying rubber about 4 times and experienced the smell of a hot [non-permissible content removed] clutch. Please refrain from this as you would stupidly doing as I have, wearing out the clutch through abuse. Once the clutch has cooled off, it has each time returned to normal functionality. I do not do this anymore.

I think many peeps who have trouble drive the car too hard all the time. Just because it can compete (or blow away) with many of the Euro coupes doesn't mean you have to prove it everyday. I love the car and no problems. The only mod I have made is replace the cloth seats with leather, at purchase at dealer expense.
  • joey69joey69 Posts: 1
    Hello all Z owners and those who are thinking about buying it. I just got my Performance, Pikes White 350z last night. I had a hard time finding this color in Performance package, so finally, they located the last one in California. When it comes to a car, I consider few factors: 1. Uniqueness 2. Performance 3. Power and 4. Handling. I have always loved BMW and still do, but now only M/// and above. BMW has lost its uniqueness since you see lots of 3 series on the road and they all share the same body style. I was about to buy a 330 Coupe, and I really liked the whole package, but when I compared it with 350z, I realized that 1) it is not as unique as 350z, and 2) it has less power than 350z. I was told that the Performance package will be discontinued next year. I've been chasing this car since it came out, and now I got it, and I love it. In my book, it is defenitely a piece of artwork that will stay unique the same way 300 did.
    Let's all enjoy our new ride!
  • For my Infinity G35 (which I believe has the same engine, and possibly the same fuel roll-over value), Infinity issued a service bulletin as this is a known problem. I am getting my THIRD replacement gas-tank and value tomorrow, and have told the dealer that (at least in MN), if this doesn't solve the problem, I will be looking into our states "lemon law" which gives me the option of outright requesting a new vehicle.

See http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Infiniti/2005/ITB05-031.htm for this bulletin.
  • Brandy-

You made a great move buying a Z.. Yes, my car makes a popping sound when i turn the wheel hard left or right.. I am taking it in soon. But i have owned Z's for a long time and Im loyal. Nissan did a great job.. Just get your Z checked out and you'll be fine. Hey, even Mercedes has problems.
  • Red350z, I was wondering if you could tell me if next years car show will be held around the same time and place. How did you find out about this one? Was it all 350's? I live in the Chicagoland area as well. Thanks Brad
    ps Did you buy your 350z for your birthday?
  • I just joined! I'm going to purchase a "Z" this year and I'm looking for some advice as to which Trim Level I should buy.
    I like the Enthusiast and Track. I would like to add some After Market items, Exhaust, Suspension. My question is which items/brands should I be looking at to add first and would it make any sense to get a Base Trim then add my After Market goodies? Would appreciate any advice you might have to offer.
    Personally, if I was looking to upgrade through the aftermarket, I'd probably opt for the Track just so you already have the bigger/better brakes/wheels to start with.

• Brandy... how's your Z holding up nowadays?

I was just in Vegas with my Silver 350 and I saw a BLACK on BLACK Z... but i doubt it was you...
This discussion has been closed.