Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Owners - Meet the Members

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,424
    I also have an '04 Silver over Orange. Its a great color combo. One of the best, if I do say so myself. :) I did want orange over orange, but I'm glad I wound up with the Silver since it is much less conspicuous. No sense in drawing more attention to yourself than necessary when speeding around in a sportscar.

Personally, I prefer the coupe. I like the added utility of the hatchback (however small that utility may be), not to mention the increased rigidity and decreased weight (if i wanted something heavier and slightly slower, I would have bought a G35).

Is yours auto or stick? (mine is stick.) I often wonder how many were produced with these colors.

If anyone is able to locate a breakdown of model/colors, please let me know.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• miata007miata007 Posts: 129
    jrsimpleman,
    Just exactly how can you have someone mechanically align the vehicle. Is it really that simple? Has anyone in this forum done this before? I am currently thinking about a new Z but are still not sure about this tire/alignment issue. What's the difference aligning a car using the computer vs the other method? Thank you for your help.

• kenieekeniee Posts: 2
    I bought mine new, 350 Z base model 6 speed manual on Jan 15/05. So far I have not experienced any of the problems peeps have discussed. I think a lot of the bugs in 03's and 04's have been eliminated. I have not heard this clutch noise you refer to. I live near mountains so I often take a beautiful ride in them. Steep climbs and no problems. I have had over revved (?spelling) the engine and dumped the clutch laying rubber about 4 times and experienced the smell of a hot [non-permissible content removed] clutch. Please refrain from this as you would stupidly doing as I have, wearing out the clutch through abuse. Once the clutch has cooled off, it has each time returned to normal functionality. I do not do this anymore.

I think many peeps who have trouble drive the car too hard all the time. Just because it can compete (or blow away) with many of the Euro coupes doesn't mean you have to prove it everyday. I love the car and no problems. The only mod I have made is replace the cloth seats with leather, at purchase at dealer expense.
  • joey69joey69 Posts: 1
    Hello all Z owners and those who are thinking about buying it. I just got my Performance, Pikes White 350z last night. I had a hard time finding this color in Performance package, so finally, they located the last one in California. When it comes to a car, I consider few factors: 1. Uniqueness 2. Performance 3. Power and 4. Handling. I have always loved BMW and still do, but now only M/// and above. BMW has lost its uniqueness since you see lots of 3 series on the road and they all share the same body style. I was about to buy a 330 Coupe, and I really liked the whole package, but when I compared it with 350z, I realized that 1) it is not as unique as 350z, and 2) it has less power than 350z. I was told that the Performance package will be discontinued next year. I've been chasing this car since it came out, and now I got it, and I love it. In my book, it is defenitely a piece of artwork that will stay unique the same way 300 did.
    Let's all enjoy our new ride!
  • For my Infinity G35 (which I believe has the same engine, and possibly the same fuel roll-over value), Infinity issued a service bulletin as this is a known problem. I am getting my THIRD replacement gas-tank and value tomorrow, and have told the dealer that (at least in MN), if this doesn't solve the problem, I will be looking into our states "lemon law" which gives me the option of outright requesting a new vehicle.

See http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Infiniti/2005/ITB05-031.htm for this bulletin.
  • Brandy-

You made a great move buying a Z.. Yes, my car makes a popping sound when i turn the wheel hard left or right.. I am taking it in soon. But i have owned Z's for a long time and Im loyal. Nissan did a great job.. Just get your Z checked out and you'll be fine. Hey, even Mercedes has problems.
  • Red350z, I was wondering if you could tell me if next years car show will be held around the same time and place. How did you find out about this one? Was it all 350's? I live in the Chicagoland area as well. Thanks Brad
    ps Did you buy your 350z for your birthday?
  • I just joined! I'm going to purchase a "Z" this year and I'm looking for some advice as to which Trim Level I should buy.
    I like the Enthusiast and Track. I would like to add some After Market items, Exhaust, Suspension. My question is which items/brands should I be looking at to add first and would it make any sense to get a Base Trim then add my After Market goodies? Would appreciate any advice you might have to offer.
    Personally, if I was looking to upgrade through the aftermarket, I'd probably opt for the Track just so you already have the bigger/better brakes/wheels to start with.

• Brandy... how's your Z holding up nowadays?

I was just in Vegas with my Silver 350 and I saw a BLACK on BLACK Z... but i doubt it was you...
  • Just got my 06 Z Friday and drove back to Houston From Ft Worth @80mph and hit 100 on a couple of times. A real smooth ride and the onboard computer was dead on. I to was interested in knowing to the numbers which came out at 25.5mpg on 93 premium plus. My local Nissan serviceman said 89 octane would work but might give up some performance. I think at 70 mph you're probably looking at 28 mpg......Bayouman
  • amixamamixam Posts: 17
    Just purchased an '04 Roadster w/14K miles on it, 6-spd, triple black....I am excited beyond words...I've owned 3 "BM-trouble-you" convertibles so I am excited to have a droptop with much less maintenance headaches......the engine purrr is SO sweet already! :blush:
  • I've had my 350z for over 3 years with 31k. I had to replace brakes at 15k and now again at 31k. Is there anyone that have had the same problems with brakes not lasting past 15k?
    yes ... on my Volvo.

I really wouldn't consider 15k a "problem."

• bgee1bgee1 Posts: 1
    The350Z pads are very soft; that's why there is alot of dusting on your wheels; switch to Hawks pad or EBC and you'll find that you won't be replacing brakes as often. :)
  • biancarbiancar Posts: 913
    I'm a new member of the 350Z club, bought a Redline Touring Roadster this past weekend. Love it! I'm having so much fun with it. Car had 49 miles on it when I took it for the first test drive on Thursday; I bought it on Saturday, and now have over 300 miles on it. And just as many smiles! Great car, so much fun to drive on these beautiful spring days.
  • dbrasherdbrasher Posts: 17
    I had the same problem that everyone else on here has. I didn't have a problem with the dealship replacing my tires but was on third set at 20,000 miles. Warrenty would be up at 36,000. I found a free lemon law attorney on the internet. They took the case. Nissan just bought my car back two weeks ago for every dime I had in it with 25,000 miles. So it's something for everyone to look into
  • sxzbztsxzbzt Posts: 15
    One of the Nissan Dealerships around where I work has a 2006 slightly used 350z Roadster in Daytona Blue Grand Touring trim.
    Ever since Nissan came out with the 350z, I have wanted a Roadster in Daytona Blue and leather interior. So this is perfect for me

Is there anything I should look out for when I buy? The list is $36995. Carfax checked out fine. This seems almost too good to be true. How much should I offer for this? I am thinking 32000 best offer

Since it is a Nissan Dealer, can I trust the car to not be a lemon? It still has most of the warranty. Anything else I should watch out for? The dealer says the previous owner got pregnant.

I am a first time Z buyer and really want to enjoy my car. Any help would be appreciated!
    I had the 2004 touring model. Loved the car but the 03-04-05 don't know about the 06 all have an alignment problem. There are hundreds of people on this site that are having the same problem. I was on my third set of front tires at 20,000 which the dealership paid for. There was an extended warrenty to 36,000 but after that then i would have to pay for them. I also put front brakes on at 20,000 plus rotors have to be changed at the same time. Replaced rear tires at 20,000. I'am far from being a teenager so it's not my driving. Your also have to pay to align rear tires as it has independent suspension. It's just something for you to think about before you buy one.
  • sxzbztsxzbzt Posts: 15
    OK Thanks I will check it out. The guy who was showing me the car said that was fixed in 2004. But I will research it on the internet
    I had the 2004 so i know better. Service manager told me that they had changed the alignment figures and Bridgestone tires had reinforced the inside of the tires so they wouldn't wear as fast. DUH.... I might be a woman but not stupid.
    When i turned the car in on lemon law the third set of tires were about 1/2 worn at 4,000 miles according to the inspector that check the car and he doesn't work for Nissan
    Well, not to try and make light of the problem, but there are nowhere near hundreds of people on THIS board with the problem (hundreds on a dedicated Z board elsewhere on the internet? maybe. heck, i don't know if there are even 100 total actual Z owners on Edmunds).

Plus, not "ALL" cars have the problem. I have read posts from quite a few people (again, on dedicated Z boards) who did not have the problem at all, and many others who say their problem was rectified by alignment/different tires.

I definitely agree it was NOT fixed in '04, as my '04 also had the problem and the tires were replaced under warranty at ~15k miles.

What was the build date of your car, do you know? My understanding was that cars built in the second half of the year were ok, that Nissan did some changes of the alignment at that time.
    they may not all be in Inside line but there are alot on the internet.
    I really can't say when it was built. I know that some of the 2005 have the same problem. I had my car into a regular alignment shop and paid $120.00 for them to check it after my third set of tires were put on. He re- aligned the rear. He told me that all the Z's had this problem. Even the older ones. He said on the old one's they had an after market that helped but didn't solve the problem. I know it's not every car that they have made but most of them are that way. In driving them you wouldn't know as they drive well. It's just the noise at low speed and when you put the brakes on then you have the noise. It's just my pocketbook didn't want to buy new tires every 10,000 miles or less. And you can't change tires and etc and have the warrenty take care of things.
    I really can't say when it was built.

If you look on the door frame inside the driver's door, you'll see a sticker that has the build date on it.
    I don't have the car as i turned it in on a lemon law
  • speed21speed21 Posts: 5
    hi guys i am a new member here... i am 17 years old and in few months i wanna buy my first car, here r the cars that i m thinkin of:bmw 330ci, 350Z, infiniti G35... but the car that i really like is the 350Z , i want it a automatic (tiptronic) transmission.. so i wanna ask u if the tiptronic Z performs the same as the Manual Z ??? acceleration....... i m really looking forward to buy one...
This discussion has been closed.