Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Problems and Solutions

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
edited March 20 in Nissan
Share any 350Z problems and possible solutions here.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• I just got my silver roadster and was giving it the first waxing. The paint in the rear fender panels looked to be uneven. There also appeared to be a bit of clear tape in a small part of the seam. Thinking it was left over from protective sheeting that the car arrives in, I rubbed it a bit and the paint began to come off!

Anyone out there have a similar issue? Will the dealer do anything about it. I did not get the car from the local dealer?

Thanks,

David
  • I replied to your other posting in the "traditional" thread -- but yeah, this needs to be seen by any Nissan dealer, at least to get a file started on the problem in case it develops into something more major than just a seam edge. JW.
  • I just got a brand new z and I get a whistling or rustling noise in the front right dash air ducts. Apparently they don't know how to fix it and now it's intermittent and they say they can't duplicate it. It happens to me every day and I think it might be when the car is cold and the plastic hasn't expanded yet. Any thoughts would help.
  • My Z has a few rattles in the dash, but the dealer did not say it was ducts. They said everything was tight and it was dash touching windshield, would have to take apart entire dash, but instead they stuffed some kind of packing material into the space between dash and windshield.....it worked. Hope it holds out for the long term. Hate to have to get rid of this car.
  • as the window-in-touch-with-dash is a feature very carefully copied from Porsche 911s, mandatory for the most part in all, including the $180k GT-3.

See, don't you feel better now? JW
  • I did not know that we had some Porche inspired stuff in our cars, cool!

buck350zx might not feel any better, but I sure do! :)
  • The could have left that out. It is the most annoying noise you could immagine. haha
  • IS ANY OTHER Z LOVERS THINKING THE RADIO IS FAR FROM WORTH LISTENING TO? I KNOW BOSE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE 2003, 350Z RADIO AS THEY HAVE STATED THIS TO ME, QUESTION IS, WHEN WILL SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT IT? ANY NEWS OUT THERE?
  • After doing some research, I opted not to buy the BOSE system due to very poor performance. So I have the basic system which okay but not that great, anyone had any luck with putting in some aftermarket speakers? The main problem appears to be lack of mid-range.
  • I got the CLARION radio & speakers. Nissan Knew they were inadequate from 03 feedback yet still put them in 04's. The rear speakers are totally worthless.Can't get it to sound good. Fade it to front speakers to hear anything.
  • MPG for 60-80 during a long road trip averaged 27.5 for me. And that was the middle grade gas, not premium.
  • zzz350zzz350 Posts: 44
    I just took a trip down 101 to Morro Bay and I at the speeds you mentioned, I got 30 to 31 mpg, of course using the correct grade of fuel.

Thanks for the response to speaker issues. Did you replace the door and rear speakers with Clarion or just the rears?
  • five8five8 Posts: 1
    Anyone else notice a sort of low level grinding or rumbling sound when applying the brakes. Getting ready to have the dealer check it out but wanted to see if anyone else noticed anything similar. Mine is a 2003 Coupe with about 7,000 miles on it; base model with factory 17" rims and Toyo tires.
  • Nissan has a Technical Service Bulletin that provides for the technician to fill out a sheet with the owner. The technician then uses a kit consisting of felt to isolate the noise of plastic rubbing or knocking against plastic. Pretty easy fix if the noise can be duplicated in front of the technician.
  • Check to make sure that the gas cap is tight by turning it to the right and getting it to click atleast three times. The computer senses that the colose fuel system has an open and it will set the check engine light
  • Check to see if the door panel is adjusted correctly as it intersects with the duct with the ?Z? logo on it. If the gasket is not sealing it will make a wind noise. If the gasket does not seal you might adjust the door panel to the front to take up the gap.
  • Crutchfield has a nice selection of radios with the trim kit that will fit the car. I am looking to replace my base radio as it is pathetic and I took the panel loose from behind the driver's seat and found that the sub woofer panel is there. Check out Courtesy Nissan on the web and they sell the speaker for the unit along with the proper cover. Then all you have to do is take out the old system and wire in a new head unit along with an amp to power the sub. You cannot believe the room in that sub woofer compartment. Plenty of room for several amplifiers. Now, I just need to pick a head unit, speakers and a couple of amplifiers. Courtesy Nissan sells the six disc changer for the stock non-bose unit for over five hundred dollars. You can buy a pretty good system for that kind of money. Decisions - Decisions...
  • All,

I bought a 350Z and the seat bolster is wearing at the point you rub against it getting in and out of the car. There is a Technical Service Bulletin to correct this. So, if you have the problem go to the dealer and they will replace the top seat cover.
  • There is not a Technical Service Bulletin for the brakes as of yet. But, if you complain enough to the dealer they should turn the rotors and replace the pads to correct the problem. I had a similar problem on my 2000 Maxima and they fixed it by turning the rotors and replacing the pads. However, there was a Technical Service Bulletin on the car. You can check out the Technical Service Bulletins on the car by going to the National Highway Transportation Safety Board website and click on Technical Service Bulletins. Then click on the year, make and model of your car and it will display all Technical Service Bulletins related to your car. The detailed information is not available but the basic description is. If you want all the information on a particulat Technical Service Bulletin you have to order it and pay a small fee. Once you know there is a Technical Service Bulletin is out on your car you can go the the local dealer and have them fix the problem. Oh, if you have that smearing on your driver and passenger window there is a Technical Service Bulletin on that. The dealer will replace the window snubber with one that does not leave residue on the window.
  • Can't comment on the overspray unless the car has been touched up. But, the hood chips easy because it is made of aluminum. So, get the paint touched up and stay back from trucks. The first day I had my car I got a huge chip in the hood from a flying stone...
This discussion has been closed.