Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fuel Economy Update for August - Combined MPG Falls Short of City Rating - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Volvo
imageFuel Economy Update for August - Combined MPG Falls Short of City Rating - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

How did our 2015 Volvo S60's fuel economy hold up through August?

Read the full story here

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    edited September 2015
    I'm not seeing any results for August alone.

I can say from personal experience an an Uber driver in Chicago with my 2002 9-3SE that the EPA city methodology doesn't come close to replicating the impact of true 100% city driving, at least not with a turbo charged engine. During my all city streets times on weekends I routinely average 13-15mpg and have dipped below 12 a couple times. My weekday 25 mile each way commute to/from the regular job which is about 50/50 city/ highway is more in line with EPA figures at around 21 mpg..
  • prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    What car with ~300/300 hp & torque numbers could achieve anywhere near 28mpg combined?

I think 23 is terrific for that kind of power on tap.
  • yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    With similar performance, the Honda Accord V6 gets 28mpg according to fueleconomy.gov's user provided numbers.