Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thank you jfritsch, you make some good points!
  • Go with the new style, the gas mileage is much better due to the 6-speed auto. In light-footed to average driving, expect 13-15 city and 17-18 highway. If you're a lead foot or tow, expect less obviously... So as you see here this heavy duty gets about the same mileage as most light duty trucks.
  • Well my *08* 2500HD EC 6.0 SLE1 finally arrived at the dealer tonight. I'll be pickin' it up Wed night. She's a looker that's for sure. Definitely the best black paint job I've ever seen. Hopefully it'll be worth the two month wait. I ended up at $500 below invoice plus a $500 rebate (on the '08s) out the door. Too bad that 0% financing isn't available on the '08s, but I got a great deal at my credit union. Overall the dealership has been amazing throughout the ordering process, especially their fleet manager who answered my many many questions... Now I just need to do a lil more research on break-in procedure, since this is my first GM vehicle... :shades:
  • where do you watch for the incentives at on the credit card web site or the chevy web site?
  • You would watch on both. The chevy.com site has a selection on bonus and would be the main, then watch your card site to verify how much you have earned so far. Be care dealerships don't like it when you use your GM card money if real high. And verify directly with GM card first so the dealership doesn't say no! They are sneaky. My dealership lost money on my deal as I got a good trade, incentive for the trade, GM card money and incentives on the card money. I was just required to go tell friends how good it was at my dealership!
  • how did u get or find out about the incentives on your card money
  • The GM card money incentives would still be posted on chevy.com , click on Shop Current Offers, click on the Feature Offers tab....Right now it is year end clearance and will get hotter in the months to come...This is what is is so far... This was a cut and paste from their site!

Chevy Model Year End Event

It's easy to pick out your new 2007 Chevy car, truck, SUV, crossover vehicle or van, and take advantage of a great selection, thanks to the Chevy Model Year End Event. Pick your model, select your color, and choose from the wide range of dealer-installed Chevy accessories.
    But hurry, because the '07s are going fast.

0% APR for 60 Months1

It's the Chevy Model Year End Event! The best offer ever is now available on the all-new Silverado. 0% APR for 60 months1 on all half-ton extended and crew cabs for well qualified buyers. Silverado has the best available highway fuel economy2 and a warranty better than Ford. Better than Toyota. That's 0% APR for 60 months1 on our most popular Silverado models
  • Current incentive is 3500 rebate on Dcab and 3000 on Xcab. Should I assume that I am either going to pay invoice less the rebate and get me own financing or pay invoice and get me own financing or is there more room to work with? I am also trying to figure out why the XCab is about $3k less than the Dcab when comparing same features. Any thoughts from someone in Dallas who has just purchase a 1500?
  • I am ready to buy a new crew cab and would like to know if I should buy an 08 or an 07. I really like the new "deep ruby" color in the 08's and am not really excited about any of the 07 colors. However it appears as though the 08 will cost at least $2,500 more because of the incentives on the 07's.

Any thoughts?? Opinions???
  • Are you talking about the "Sport Red Metallic" color? Thats available in the 07 model.

If you can find the color you want in an 07, go for it. The current incentives and rebates are good. The best way to find the truck you want is to use the GMC (or chevy) vehicle locator on the respective website. Just keep changing the zip code until you find the truk you want. Doing this will help you in the long run and you already know where the truck you want is and you can get a quote for it from that dealership.
  • Thanks for the info. Chevy/GMC discontinued the "Sport Red"
    the new color is "Deep Ruby" it is a little more burgundy than the sport red
  • dukebludukeblu Posts: 18
    Great deal. Put together the $5K in rebates from GM along with about $2700 on the GM Card and drive out price on a LB WT with the 5.3 was around $13.3K after taxes. What a deal. That's cheaper than my 5.2V8 Dakota Sport 13 years ago.

If you still find one on the lots these are incredible buys. Got mine at Bickerstaff GMC in Atlanta and they had another 5.3LB when I got mine.
  • Great deal! How did you get $5K in rebates from GM? I see $2K on the 2007 reg cab. Did the dealer get you another $3K?? What was MSRP and Invoice on your truck?
  • We're actually looking at a GMC Sierra Crew Cab, but GMC won't honor our card money because we get supplier pricing (which, ironically is $50 cheaper than the TMV pricing on Edmunds HAH). Is there a way around this? I've funneled $10k a year through our GM Card for four years to get $2 k in card points. I hate to loose those points, because I won't be buying another car for quite a while.
  • dukebludukeblu Posts: 18
    It was the Classic not the new model. But for the price could not resist. The MSRP was 20,425. Great deal on a LB 5.3.
  • rphelanrphelan Posts: 3
    2007 Chevrolet CC10543 - Silverado: 1500 2WD Crew Cab Short Box
    Color1: 41U Black Exterior Color
    Color2: N/A
    Trim: 84D Ebony/Light Titanium Custom Cloth
    Package: 1LT LT1 Option Package
    Engine: LY5 Engine: 5.3L, V-8
    Trans: M30 Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
    Other: 1SZ Option Package Discount
    AJ1 Glass: Deep Tinted
    AP8 Remote Start Accomodations Package
    AU3 Power Door Locks
    AZ3 Uplevel Bench Seats
    B30 Floor Covering: Color Keyed Carpet with Floor Mats
    B32 Floor Mats, Front
    B33 Floor Mats, Rear
    B85 Moldings, Body Side, Black or Bright, Package Dependent
    C49 Defogger, Rear Window, Electric
    C5U GVW Rating 6800 Lbs
    C67 Air Conditioning, Manual
    DF5 Mirror I/S R/V-Lt Sens-Compass/Temp
    DL8 Mirrors, O/S, Power, Heated
    E63 Body, Fleetside
    FE9 Federal Emissions
    G80 Locking Differential, Rear
    GT4 Rear Axle, 3.73 Ratio
    JL4 Stabilitrak - Stability Control
    K34 Cruise Control
    K47 Air Cleaner, High Capacity
    KNP Transmission Cooling System
    P58 Wheel 20" Polished Aluminum
    PDA Texas Edition
    QSS Tires, P275/55R20, All Season, Blackwall
    R9Z Sold Order Expedite
    SAF Spare Tire Lock
    TUF Emblem - Texas Edition Package
    UE1 OnStar Communication System
    US8 Radio, AM/FM Stereo, Auto Tone, CD
    V22 Grille: Chrome Surround
    V76 Recovery Hooks
    VK3 License Plate Front Mounting Pkg
    Z60 Suspension Package: High Performance
    Z82 Trailering Package
    ZY1 Solid Paint Application

for $24,962 +TT&L - this includes my GM supplier discount and 4000 cash back.

any comments would be helpful.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    If this is a new body style 32000 or so MSRP truck it is about an average deal. If the old body style too high.

good luck
    --jjf
    2007 Chevrolet CC10543 - Silverado: 1500 2WD Crew Cab Short Box
    Color1: 41U Black Exterior Color
    Color2: N/A
    Trim: 84D Ebony/Light Titanium Custom Cloth
    Package: 1LT LT1 Option Package
    Engine: LY5 Engine: 5.3L, V-8
    Trans: M30 Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
    Other: 1SZ Option Package Discount
    AJ1 Glass: Deep Tinted
    AP8 Remote Start Accomodations Package
    AU3 Power Door Locks
    AZ3 Uplevel Bench Seats
    B30 Floor Covering: Color Keyed Carpet with Floor Mats
    B32 Floor Mats, Front
    B33 Floor Mats, Rear
    B85 Moldings, Body Side, Black or Bright, Package Dependent
    C49 Defogger, Rear Window
  • rphelanrphelan Posts: 3
    yes, it's the new body style.. final price would be 24,9xx + TT&L after rebates & Supplier discount.

what's the invoice on one of these? is Edmunds dead-on on invoice pricing?

it really hinges on my trade in.. we'll see how it goes.
  • njv16njv16 Posts: 3
    Hi. I'm looking at an new body style 2007 Silverado Crew Cab LT1 4WD truck. With it optioned out how I want it, the MSRP is $34,300. I have been trying to deal on a truck like this for the past month but dealers don't seem to be dealing. What would be a good, but realistic price, to get this truck at after rebates and negotiating but before taxes?
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Depending on what you mean by dealing, 7000-8000+ off msrp is a good deal.

Put out requests for bids via email to 20-30 dealers last week of the month (chevy website) with your requirements ,top 3-4 color choices and approximate msrp. Tell them you are buying before end of month and have emailed 30 dealers. Work the top 3-5 out of the 10 or so who respond against one another (2nd round 10 get your cell #). You want price with all doc fees and title included. Do 98% of your work from your air conditioned home and expend your energy on those who make the cut. Its useless walking in to 1 or 2 dealerships trying to "haggle" as only about 10% of dealerships toward the end of a given month really need to make a sale.

Good luck
    --jjf