Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I look around 6 month for a 2007 SLT EXTCAB SHORT BOX,like to have the GMC SIERRA So I just order it the way i like
    David
  • I don't know how good or bad of a deal this was, but thought I would share it for other shoppers to compare by. In Central CA I bought a 07 Silverado 2500HD LT Duramax/Allison CC 4x4 with all options except the Nav,sunroof/dvd in Sept. The price I paid after rebates off invoice was 40,300 +TL. The total cost out the door was 43,825. No special finance terms were offered on this model at the time, so the best rate I could get outside was through the EECreditUnion at 6.00% for 84 months on the balance. Hope this is helpful to anyone thinking of making a new truck purchase.
  • I'm looking to take advantage of the 0% for 60 months on a leftover 07 Sierra 1500.
    With a sticker of $38165.00, how much off can I expect to get?
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I would want 9000-11000+ off msrp. OR 5000 less with 0%

Good Luck
    --jjf
  • Hi everyone,
    Recently my father remarried and his new mother in law works for gm. I am buying my first "new" truck and was offered a gms discount from my new step grandmother.
    Today I went to the dealership and found a 2008 silverado with crew cab and the 1 lt package. It has a v8, onstar and satilite radio. The window sticker was $28,880. After talking to the sales manager at the dealership I was given a price if 25,510. I can choose an extra $1000 rebate or take 3.9% finacing for 60 months.

I have been reading the forums for a few days now and I am starting to think that maybe if I forget about the gms and just go in as a regular buyer I may be able to negotiate a lower price.

Am I overthinking this to much or is the price a little bit high for a "Employee Discount". This is my first really big purchase and I really dont want to get ripped off. Any input would be appreciated. thanks :confuse:
  • I have been looking at a 2008 crew cab 2 wheel drive loaded truck for MSRP $36,660.00. I have got the dealer to go to $1000.00 below invoice. $33,300.00. Is tis a good deal or should I get more. The above prices are with no rebates applied taking the 1.9% apr

thanks
    Nick
  • I need some help at making a deal on a 2007 new style 2wd extended cab longbed Silverado or Sierra in Central Florida.

I can put a posi, pdl and power front windows (not the back door windows) and a decent stereo in a $25k msrp WT work truck pretty cheap, so even an absolute base work truck package would be acceptable.

However, I believe that the $7k msrp price difference between the $32k msrp LT2 and $25k WT package will potentially be somewhat smaller in reality as I think there is a lot of markup in the LT2 "stuff".

Besides, who in their right mind would buy a longbed LT2?

So, what should I realisticallly expect to knock off of the $32k msrp LT2, and the $25k msrp WT?

Would it help to use a "inflated" trade in to allow the dealer to "save face" over the real price, or am I overthinking this?

I appreciate the help, hope to make a buy this week.

Regards, Skip
    The 33k 07 chev truck sells for about 7000-10000 off msrp depending on how hard up the dealer and supply is. The 07 $22000-$37000 03-07 new dodge 1500 ram regular/crew cab has sold for 11000-14000 off msrp for quite a few years. (its msrp is a bit higher than the chev)

Good luck
    --jjf

Replying to: ngunter (Nov 27, 2007 1:33 pm)

I need some help at making a deal on a 2007 new style 2wd extended cab longbed Silverado or Sierra in Central Florida.

I can put a posi, pdl and power front windows (not the back door windows) and a decent stereo in a $25k msrp WT work truck pretty cheap, so even an absolute base work truck package would be acceptable.

However, I believe that the $7k msrp price difference between the $32k msrp LT2 and $25k WT package will potentially be somewhat smaller in reality as I think there is a lot of markup in the LT2 "stuff".

Besides, who in their right mind would buy a longbed LT2?

So, what should I realisticallly expect to knock off of the $32k msrp LT2, and the $25k msrp WT?

Would it help to use a "inflated" trade in to allow the dealer to "save face" over the real price, or am I overthinking this?

I appreciate the help, hope to make a buy this week.

Regards, Skip
  • With only a couple days left in the 0% for 60 month deal, I'll be taking one more run at the 07 Silverado.
    It is a 6.0 liter with the 20" wheel package, seems to be the only one within 500 miles.
    I have them down to approx $34000.00 so far. I don't think that is much below invoice.
    Any idea of what the dealer holdback on an 07 with a sticker of $38165.00 is?
    The 0% is worth at least 4000-$5000. You are in the ballpark with a 8000-9000 off deal, especially if you just gotta have it and are captive for 500 miles. Tell them your wife wants something else and you like other colors, but you sure would like to do it for a lot less monthly payment at 0% right now but are unsure. (target 31000 at 0%?) Try to get them down to meet you halfway, seem dissasatisfied, walk out, see if they stop you in the parking lot.

If not go to a quiet restauraunt, get some coffee, review their "final" deal-- taxes, doc fees, the payments etc., talk to spousey. Hit them with a counter over the cell phone for 3% less and see what you can work. Then go across the street and get your car. They may have the edge with a unique leftover silverado but end of year and month sales pressure can be intense.

Good luck
    --jjf

With only a couple days left in the 0% for 60 month deal, I'll be taking one more run at the 07 Silverado.
    It is a 6.0 liter with the 20" wheel package, seems to be the only one within 500 miles.
    I have them down to approx $34000.00 so far. I don't think that is much below invoice.
    Any idea of what the dealer holdback on an 07 with a sticker of $38165.00 is
  • I haven't gotten far in central florida on getting much lower than the edmunds invoice and some rebate..About 5k off a 32k unit. They all want me to come in to finalize the deal, saying they won't be undersold.

So do I just make an appointment and go in and after telling some jokes make an offer of 10k off msrp?

Thanks, Skip
  • A previous poster asked this question and I don't think it has been answered, so I wanted to ask again, is GMS pricing (employee) the best possible price? I ask because my dad (the GM employee) has always been under the impression that it was, but in the past when I have car-shopped, the price hasn't seemed very impressive, but I've never seen evidence that you could get a car for cheaper. What do you think? I bargained pretty effectively (I think) for my Honda Accord so I am willing to bargain if it will get me a better price, but if I'm wasting my time, I'd like to know that and save the hassle. Thanks in advance!
  • halofanhalofan Posts: 37
    Well I just picked up my 08 Silverado 4x4 crew LTZ this weekend. It was stickered at $39445. I got it for $35429 + fees and the 1.9 financing. This price was $300 over GMS according to the invoice. I found most dealers I shopped were reluctant to show me the GMS price, but I felt that $300 over it was a good deal as this still put it about $1000 (give or take) below dealer invoice. I've read in here where people get 6-7 thousand off sticker, that wasn't going to happen here in So. Cal. In essence, I saved about $7500 with the finance savings. I'm happy, and I got the truck I wanted. My price was much better than what Edmunds said the truck would cost TMV. So to answer your question, if you can get the GMS price, take it, then get the 1.9 and your in good shape.
  • ljl64ljl64 Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a used ('01-'05) Silverado 1500, extended cab, under 70K miles, hopefully for around $15K. I rarely will load the truck to capacity, and tow a small trailer ocassionally. I drive mostly flat terrain in NJ, no off road. Is the 2WD and or V6 under powered for this full size truck? Is the 4WD recommended? LT vs LS?

Thanks,
    Jack
  • I am in the market for a 2008 Chevy LTZ Crew Cab. I really want the navigation option but the 2000 extra is hard to swallow. If anyone has any experience with the navigation and would like to advise me, I would appreciate it. I have a nice windshield unit but think the built in would be nice and wonder if the XM features on the screen is that much of a plus.
    The 07 extended chevy or dodge ram 1500 crew cab MSRP around 27-$30000 sold for most of the year around 19000 -$20000. With the 100000 mile chev and lifetime dodge powertrain warranties, you may want to look into a new 08. I'm not sure either of these are even offered with a V6. Doesn't seem like a good idea with a 4500 lb vehicle, especially hauling anything. 12000 or so off MSRP or so is an average deal on a RAM a few months into the year.

Good luck
    --jjf

I'm looking for a used ('01-'05) Silverado 1500, extended cab, under 70K miles, hopefully for around $15K. I rarely will load the truck to capacity, and tow a small trailer ocassionally. I drive mostly flat terrain in NJ, no off road. Is the 2WD and or V6 under powered for this full size truck? Is the 4WD recommended? LT vs LS?

Thanks,
    Jack
    Check out my message 556 on the mazda5 prices paid section opinion on Xmradio factory installed.

Good luck
    --jjf
    The 07 extended chevy or dodge ram 1500 crew cab MSRP around 27-$30000 sold for most of the year around 19000 -$20000. With the 100000 mile chev and lifetime dodge powertrain warranties, you may want to look into a new 08. I'm not sure either of these are even offered with a V6. Doesn't seem like a good idea with a 4500 lb vehicle, especially hauling anything. 12000 or so off MSRP or so is an average deal on a RAM a few months into the year.

Good luck
    --jjf

Thanks,
    Jack
  • I narrowed down to one dealer who would deal.
    to one truck that I'd be happy with.
    A white 2007 silverado crew cab 4x4 work truck
    With LS package up grades like carpet.
    Down side - it has crank windows
    and has no trany cooler for towing
    MSRP: $31,300
    Edmunds invoice: $28,614
    I offered $20,000...& was turned down flat...

Dealers price $28,889
    Less the rebates (late November) ($2000)
    $26,889

Same truck a little later
    Less the rebates ( in early December) ($3000)
    $25,889

Same truck even later
    Less the rebates (Last week in December)($4000)
    $24,889

So my repeated efforts to purchase @ $20,000 have been refused.

Think the January GM rebate on a 2007 silverado
    will go up to $5,000 ????

The dealerships answer to selling this truck???
    Raise the msrp $1,195 by
    Tinting the back windows with limo dark tint (+299)
    and up grading to 5 spoke factory style aluminum wheels (+895)
    We all know raising the price makes it more affordable right????

And this is the most reasonable dealship in the area.
    The others are even worse.
    All this bull about non negotiable documentation fees...
    Who are they trying to kid...
    This is just another way to say I want $249 more of your money...

Is it any wonder why Chevrolet still has 2007 models sitting on their
    lots after new years day????

I would still buy this truck today for $20,000
    Do you think they would change their minds now that it is January 2008???

I doubt it.
    It is rather silly to get upset if a dealer won't take your offer. You've kind of cornered yourself into one dealer (out of 30 chevy within 100mi?) with the scattered 07 remnants. Dealers can be good at working the last few 07 leftovers, specifically to those looking for a leftover (thinking they can get a better price). especially with tax time coming. They know their area much better than you do. I would give him 17000 for it right now. That doesn't mean anything.

A very good deal on that would be around 22000-23000 or so. (with the extra stuff) See if you can get it into that range. If he's betting he can sell it to some leftover dope in the next 50 days for 26000 or so just get 20 or 30 bids end of month on the 08's spec'ed closer to what you want and see how the prices fall. Tax time can be difficult because every moron in the world has cash and the salmon are running for a few months.

Good luck
    --jjf

narrowed down to one dealer who would deal.
    to one truck that I'd be happy with.
    A white 2007 silverado crew cab 4x4 work truck
    With LS package up grades like carpet.
    Down side - it has crank windows
    and has no trany cooler for towing
    MSRP: $31,300
    Edmunds invoice: $28,614
    I offered $20,000...& was turned down flat...

Dealers price $28,889
    Less the rebates (late November) ($2000)
    $26,889

Same truck a little later
    Less the rebates ( in early December) ($3000)
    $25,889

Same truck even later
    Less the rebates (Last week in December)($4000)
    $24,889

So my repeated efforts to purchase $20,000 have been refused.

Think the January GM rebate on a 2007 silverado
    will go up to $5,000 ????

The dealerships answer to selling this truck???
    Raise the msrp $1,195 by
    Tinting the back windows with limo dark tint (+299)
    and up grading to 5 spoke factory style aluminum wheels (+895)
    We all know raising the price makes it more affordable right????

And this is the most reasonable dealship in the area.
    The others are even worse.
    All this bull about non negotiable documentation fees...
    Who are they trying to kid...
    This is just another way to say I want $249 more of your money...

Is it any wonder why Chevrolet still has 2007 models sitting on their
    lots after new years day????

I would still buy this truck today for $20,000
    Do you think they would change their minds now that it is January 2008???
    I doubt it.