Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hotrod1965hotrod1965 Posts: 19
    GM dealers can only go so low off the sticker price.(unless you expect them to lose money) They are generally regulated my GM on what they can sell trucks and cars for. So to expect 10K off sticker is pretty unlikely, since GMS pricing is usually about 10% off. So if you get 10% off plus rebates you are doing pretty good.
    As far as what it is worth 12 months later... who cares? A vehicle isn't an investment, it's a tool you need to live.
  • dukebludukeblu Posts: 18
    GMCard just sent it to me out of the blue, probably around the first of May. $1000 bonus good only on Silverado and Sierra. gmcard.com/1000offer is the link. Offer expires on 6/02

So they sent me a private offer and additionally sent me the $1000 GM card bonus. When I saw the Memorial Day incentives and realized the base price had gone up $435 on newer arriving ones as of late, figured pulling the trigger now would be a lot cheaper than trying to upgrade a bit later.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Thats silly. The first 12 months depreciation is a good determinant of how unrealistic msrp is. Almost all trucks depreciate about the same after the 1st year. The Dodge Ram 1500 msrp 42000 wholesales for 20000 after 12 months or so. Adding up rebates, subtract invoice etc gets you about 8000-9000 off msrp. They sell all day long at 12000+ (preferably the plus off), except for unfortunates who pay msrp (not an insignificant number) and folks trying to calculate dealer "cost" by published invoice figures. Invoice has been a nominal figure for over 15 years. This is especially true for trucks. Eating 10000 to drive a truck 1st year with a 12000 discount is financially painful.

Chevy isn't this bad, (their msrp is slightly more realistic) but with a 38000 vehicle wholesaling for 14000 off msrp or so after 12 months, don't get carried away with a big 7500 discount with conquest rebate, military rebate, student discount,loyalty discount, trade in bonus,dealer discount, gm card, gm card bonus, x-plan, wack dealer's ex-wife discount, etc... 7500 off is an average deal, and they are hardly giving it away at that price.

Good luck
    --jjf

GM dealers can only go so low off the sticker price.(unless you expect them to lose money) They are generally regulated my GM on what they can sell trucks and cars for. So to expect 10K off sticker is pretty unlikely, since GMS pricing is usually about 10% off. So if you get 10% off plus rebates you are doing pretty good.
    As far as what it is worth 12 months later... who cares? A vehicle isn't an investment, it's a tool you need to live.
    When you leverage $8000 of rebates against a $21k MSRP whole different set of economics. I can have them give me between 10-10.5K trade on the same truck that's one year old and have it equate to a cost of less than $250 a month depreciation. So yes, I'm getting carried away. On a $42k truck, agree the economic picture changes.
    You missed the point. The dealer doesn't get to decide what the lowest price is on the truck, GM does. The trick is figuring out what that lowest price is, which typically is the GMS price, then you can add on whatever rebates ...etc
  • sleukemsleukem Posts: 22
    I don't know why you are replying to my post. At no time did I say you should expect 10K off sticker price. Your arguement is with someone else.
    But is GM Supplier price valid with all types of the GM Card? Think after July 2003, that quit being an option on a lot of the card variants. So for those with a standard type GM Card, probably wiser to not worry about Supplier pricing.
    How much better do you guys think prices will be after june?
  • crewcabbcrewcabb Posts: 13
    I have a chance to purchase this vehicle with a 5.3L engine,it is a demo ,has 3500 miles on it,for $9000.00 off Invoice of 32306.00,is this a good deal at all??? Thanks for your help.
    So you would be paying $23306.? If that is the case, that would be a sweet deal. At 3500 miles, it really is a new truck!
  • asylum575asylum575 Posts: 72
    Is the $32306 the invoice or MSRP? If it's the invoice, then the MSRP would be around $35500 and getting it for under $24000 would be a steal, um, ehr a very good deal.
  • First off let me just say hello to all my chevy silverado owners....just thought id start off with....i just bought a 07 LT2 new body style silverado with the 5.3 flex fuel, loaded to the gills except leather and GPS with only 2100 miles, yes 2100 miles, for a price of 25,000 including TTL. i absolutely love it, especially the 20" rims. The crew cab is awesome for the kids and the truck doesnt even have so much as a mark on it anywhere. Billet grille, toneau cover and bed liner, running boards, rear stereo, towing pckg, garage door opener, remote start, and on star. i think i got lucky with the buy...just wondering what you guys thought. Cant wait to be active in the forum here. Looking to see what you guys think about oils, CAI's, exhaust, etc. Anyways....first post here so please feedback with anything.... later!
    Actually it will come off the MSRP which is 34,620.00 on this vehicle,so it would be 25,620.00 plus TTL.
    No,my mistake ,it is off the MSRP,which is 34,620.00 ,which would come to 25,620.00 plus TTL. ,still a deal????
  • asylum575asylum575 Posts: 72
    What was the sticker?
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I thought the way a dealer would drop his pants off a demo for 12000 off msrp was suspicious, if it was a second owner or wrecked. MSRP makes a lot more sense.

About 8000 off msrp has been an average deal off a new vehicle like this in july for the last few years, that was before the gas prices made the value of these vehicles really fall. About 3500 miles on a demo at 30 cents a mile or so would put you at 9000 off msrp for an average or slightly better deal a year or two ago. Definitely nothing to write home about for an 08 now unless a significant amount of dealer add-ons.

Its not a really bad deal either, just don't base the purchase on the assumption you're getting a great deal. The deal with 0% for 36 or 60 months would be much better.

If you look up the wholesale trade in value of a used 07 like the 08 you're looking at (what your 08 will be worth in 12 months) on kbb.com or nada.com you will see it probably wholesales for about 15000 off msrp. This is probably optimistic as the value of 20 mpg trucks are falling as we speak and the books are high.

Good luck
    --jjf

No,my mistake ,it is off the MSRP,which is 34,620.00 ,which would come to 25,620.00 plus TTL. ,still a deal????
    Just got my 08 ext cab 2wd all star edition. Also love the 20in rims! Leased it for $204/month out the door with no money down. Has a sticker of $30110. Deals are pretty sweet if you really need a truck. I leased, for the fear it may be worthless in 3 years.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643
    Hi cleansilverado...

Be sure to check out our other Silverado forums here:

Chevy Silverado

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

yes,I thought the deal wasn't that good after all,they don't want to dicker on the price of more than 9 grand off, another question,I have talked to 2 people that have gotten the Silverado "08" with the Z71 package on it and they said they have a hard time gettin 13mpg. on the highway,very dissappointed in the gas mileage on them,another thing for me to look at I guess, I am looking for better gas mileage,but,hopefully more than that and that is also with the 5.3L engine,yikes!!