Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• crusin57crusin57 Posts: 20
    Had the EVAP purge valve replaced today, at 74 bucks for the part and labour install. So far the engine light is still off, i really hope this was the last emission issue i have at least for a long time

Guess i'll find out soon enough, hopefully now i can concentrate on the other crap that is wrong with the truck.
  • crusin57crusin57 Posts: 20
    edited August 2010
    Well it has been 5 day's and my engine light is still off. Guess the purge valve was the final part iin my emission and engine light frustration. Now i just found that the transfer case has a oil leak where the left front axle comes out. somehow i'm not even surprised, back to my mechanic on Fri to see what's involved with fixing that problem.
  • hello Mariah..I was reading some of the post here on Edmunds and wondered if you were an employee of GM with their customer service division ? I have had air conditioner problems with my Chevy Malibu since the first year of ownership. I have had the control unit the condenser and the compressor ( I paid for ) replaced by the dealer and the AC still does not work. I also had the throttle cable and pedal assembly replaced ( I paid for ) even though there was a recall for that problem. why hasn't a recall been issued on the AC problem which is systemic throughout the model years ? why can't the dealer fix the problem ? I have had the car into the dealership and had to pay for rental cars I'd say 6 or more times. can you help ? frustrated doesn't come close to my feelings about the issues.
  • 2010 silverado 1500 2wd WT/LB
    upgrade tires
    HD suspension
    Locking Diff
    Cruise contol
    sticker $23500
    trade: 1997 Isuzu Hombre 2wd PU w/93k miles(rusted body)
    $13500 with trade. No money out of pocket.
  • We are looking to buy a 2011 Silverado 1500 ext cab with the 4.8 v8. With the factory incentives and GM employee discount, the best the dealership was willing to do on a LS was 24k out the door? What are your thoughts on this?

Over at GM the best we could get on a 2010 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 ext. cab with the 4.8L v8 was $23k out the door.

Are these fair prices with the Employee discount and factory incentives? Should we spend the extra grand and get the 2011 Silverado?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • I got a 2010 Silverado Ext cab, LT with the 5.3 for for 21K out the door. Military price (similiar to employee price), 5K rebate from GM, $750 rebate from USAA. I think you should push for 22-23K OTD. The Sierra and Silverado are the same except for some body styling differences on the grill and tailgate badging. usually the GMC's are slightly more. Good luck.
  • nibsnibs Posts: 65
    I figure I received a 28% discount on my new truck. Granted, it was a dealer owner demo w/9k KMs on it. Nothing that could hurt it. Truck is absolutely loaded except a DVD screen and Nav. But Nav is available through Onstar.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent owners ( within the last month) or people who are considering purchasing a hybrid or a pickup truck. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than 12pm PST on March 1st, 2011 and include your name, state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and your phone number.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• dsabldveterandsabldveteran Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I bought a brand new Chevy. The vehicle cost 44,000 dollars. After a break in the auto body company discovered the vehicle had been in two accidents and repainted on both sides of vehicle. The auto body company had to remove the previous work because it was done so poorly the paint was failing and in some areas they painted over dirt. Dealership denied any repair work and even looked at me like I was trying to pull a fast one. I called GM and they had information of repair to the brand new vehicle. I told dealership one and they then told me (OK) it has been involved in two accidents one month apart from each other that involved body and repaint to each side of vehicle. This vehicle was a dealer trade and dealership one claims they did not know it was damaged when they sold it they claim dealership two did not disclose this information to them. The vehicle was in the shop for 33 days while the dealerships worked on who was going to pay the extra to remove the poor very poor work that was done so my body guy could finish his work. The vehicle is still not fixed on the other side of the vehicle. The dealership who sold me the vehicle sold his franchise and left me holding the bag. I went to dealership two who shipped this vehicle across state line without disclosing these issues and ask for all repair work form or information they had on this vehicle. They gave me two work orders that confirm the repair work but they claim the customer was dealership one when dealership one did not receive ownership until two months after the repairs were done. Why have they changed names on work order documents and continue to hide this issue of disclosure. I have the documents now in hand that claim the selling dealership was the customer during repairs when in fact they did not even have position of the vehicle during the time of repairs and by the way this dealership is no longer in business but the dealership who has changed documents and was the owner of the vehicle when repaired with faulty work and sent it across state lines with out disclosure? GM and the AG from two states are working this and I have a question before I sue. The dealership wants to make it right now and I am not sure what would be right for their intentional scam to rip me off. What would be fair to settle out of court? Will they make an offer or just a low ball car detail and repaint the vehicle again thing. I will not take a low ball offer. I was scammed and tired of being treated like an idiot who thought he was buying a brand new vehicle and was duped.
  • My husband and i are looking to buy a new 2011 crew cab 1500.

He currently has a 2005 Chevy Silverado with 55k miles on it. We still owe $15k on it.

Has anyone bought a 2011 crew cab recently? if so would you mind sharing your deal? what are your monthly payments? etc?
  • lev280lev280 Posts: 26
    Spent some time talking to a few dealers around town. Was offered $8500 off the MSRP for Texas Edition. $6500 is the published rebate from GM for Texas Editions. It seems the dealer is offering $2k on top of it. The sticker price for the 4x2 Extended cab TX Edition is $34,090. Wondering if anyone in TX & on this forum has been offered better price this month for the above trim/spec?
  • henry_nhenry_n Posts: 33
    I have seen some articles saying that Chevrolet has a "too large" inventory of Silverados on hand (110 day supply, versus the prefered 75 day supply). This would seem to indicate that there should be some hefty incentives on leftover 2011 models in a short while, like maybe October. I am interested in a Texas Edition crew cab myself. Anyone have any thoughts/predictions?
  • dave377dave377 Posts: 1
    I just got a quote yesterday on a new 2011 1500 LS Crew cab 4x4 in the Boston area for $28,800. Have you seen anything better out there?
  • jamtracyjamtracy Posts: 74
    Honostly I think you can get an LT for that price.
  • Nine months later- I can assume you bought at those prices?

Dealer wants 21k for a V6 crank window 1500 series 2wd Ex cab W/T Silverado ..or for that matter a GMC in the same trim.

This is with EVA- 5005.00 rebates, a 1000.00 private offer, and its a 2011 leftover- needless to say- I'm not impressed.
  • Does anyone know what the limitations are on the financing incentive? I believe there is a $1k incentive on the captive financing, but what is the minimum amount that you have to finance, and how long do you have to wait before refinancing?

The last time I was faced with this, it was through Ford, and the minimum amount to be financed was $7.5k, and you had to make 3 payments before you could refinance.

And approximately how bad are you getting scr**ed on the interest rate? My credit union is offering 2.49% for 60 months.
  • I am currently looking to purchase a 2010 or 2011 Silverado 1500 LT. I came across one with the following options.
    2010 5.3L Taupe/Gray Metallic 2WD
    Package add-ons - 1. Interior Plus 2. Power Plus 3. Exterior Plus 4. Z71 Appearance
    It has around 18,000 miles on it.
    Dealer is asking $25,500. Edmund's is showing around 22,279 for trade in value. And I assume no dealer is actually giving a customer that much for a trade in. Does anyone know the avg percentage below trade in value that most dealers buy vehicles for? My question is where to start the negotiations. What is too low? I do not have a trade in, will be paying with a check, no financing from the dealer.
    Thanks!
  • chuck1919chuck1919 Posts: 176
    edited September 2011
    Did you run a carfax? Did the dealer buy it from a private party or at auction? Was it a return lease vehicle? These items all have bearings on what the dealer paid for it.

A guess would be (and it's only a guess) is that perhaps the dealer paid "back of book" meaning less than the wholesale price. I believe the high gas prices are making trucks soft in the market place. I would start at wholesale book and not move much and see what happens.
  • Dealer purchased from a private party, and it was not a lease vehicle. How do you determine what the wholesale book price is?
  • Look in the NADA Blackbook for dealer trade in value - and then he (the dealer) probably got it for little less than that.