Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

It Isn't Soul-Sucking! - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Kia
imageIt Isn't Soul-Sucking! - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Kia Sedona accomplishes the amazing feat of being a logical, utilitarian minivan without also being completely soul-sucking.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Minivans are great for families with small children. The big plus is the sliding rear doors. Anybody who has ever dealt with putting a child in a car seat has to love the large sliding doors and the fact that minivans have a lower ride height. For long road trips with family or friends I'll take a Chevy Suburban any day.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    I don't understand the image issue people with minivans? Why are you worrying about what other people think? If a minivan is the best choice for your family, just get one.
  • Options
    barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    Minivan cockpits are generally instantly recognizable as such in photos. If I didn't know that the photos above are from the Sedona, I'd have no problem believing they're from an Optima.
  • Options
    cromagnum_mancromagnum_man Member Posts: 54
    @schen72 - He didn't say that he wouldn't buy one because of what others thought. He said he wouldn't buy one because of how it made him feel. I agree with the "who cares what everyone else thinks" sentiment but that doesn't apply here.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Personally, if I had small kids or babies I would definitely get a minivan. Just so much easier getting them and all of their gear in and out. As they got older I would trade in the van and go with a SUV like a Yukon or Suburban.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    No kids but my wife and I have had minivans since 1989. They are ideal for road trips and for carrying bikes and canoes, and we've done three cross-country moves in them. Comfy, a big empty for carrying sheet goods and your stuff is protected from the elements and lockable. The low liftover height is another bonus.

Next car will be a hatch or wagon (aka crossover). Don't need AWD or towing ability, so why go with a Yukon or Suburban and lose the sliders?
  • Options
    subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Mazda5 FTW! Zoom-zoom!